Old 05-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 194 Times in 107 Posts

Let me know when you test out the raider.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
If you guys have not tried the I blend Emperors yet, these things bomb. It’s got Destroyer numbers, but flies a lot like a Sheriff. I can throw it flat and hard and it turns and floats and then fades back in a sweeping fade. The I beats in a bit but feels better than the old pro I remember. Almost like the mixed pro and Star together.
Quote:
Really think the Shryke is the disc they wanted the Freedom to be. I haven’t thrown a Captain yet, but have heard that could be their answer.

Personally I get that flight out of a Sheriff, but I’ve heard for the under 350 crowd it flies very overstable.
I tried the Sheriff and liked it. It was a bit more stable for me relative to those with faster armspeeds, but I got good distance out of it and it was not Destroyer-ish overstable for me.

The Trespass is also a good disc for me. It has the same numbers as a Destroyer (12,5,-1,3) but DD lied with those numbers, as the Trespass is not as OS as the Destroyer.

I might try an Emperor when I make my next Infinite order. I do like I-blend discs, and if the I-blend Emperor is like a Sheriff, it might be something I'd want to try.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 944 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
Let me know when you test out the raider.
Yeah, when I come by a Raider I'll give it a bunch of tosses and write up a review. I just don't have one yet.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-07-2019, 02:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 944 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Really think the Shryke is the disc they wanted the Freedom to be. I haven’t thrown a Captain yet, but have heard that could be their answer.

Personally I get that flight out of a Sheriff, but I’ve heard for the under 350 crowd it flies very overstable.
Yeah, the Freedom is (IMO) a dud. Like I mentioned earlier, it has no real "perfect zone" for ideal flight. If you don't throw it hard enough, the disc stalls. If you throw it even an iota too hard it rolls over hard. The only way I can make a Freedom fly 400' is to throw it from a really steep hyzer angle and hope I get it somewhere near flat. It can be done, but sheesh, what a chore. Stuff like Terns and Shrykes will outfly the Freedom easily, with way less headache. Much easier to hyzerflip either of them and they aren't NEARLY as angle sensitive on hyzer releases.

I've thrown 2 Captains, and I dug both of them. They have some noticeable high speed turn, but they also have enough late fade to fight back to center if you turn them over. The Captain actually seems to have accurate flight numbers. Its a tad flippier than a Sheriff, but not NEARLY as flippy as a Freedom. Thrown with a slight hyzerflip I can get the Captain over 400' pretty regularly. I'd say they're just a hair flippier than a Shryke, very much like a speed 13 Tern.

I'm a tad hit or miss on Sheriffs. I've found them to be all over the place on stability. Everything from wildly flippy, to stubbornly glideless and beefy. MOST Sheriffs I've thrown seem to resemble a Shryke, but have a hair less glide. All things considered, I think the Shryke is a better mold overall, and far more consistent from disc to disc. I've thrown about 10 Sheriffs and probably 15 Shrykes. Way less variance in the Shrykes than the Sheriffs. If we're talking sheer distance I'd take a star Shryke over any Sheriff I've ever thrown. That extra bit of glide really makes the difference there. Sheriffs have a little harder late fade than a Shryke too.

As for Trespasses, also very mixed reviews. I've thrown probably 15 of them, from VERY understable, to fairly beefy/overstable. Most Trespasses are fairly pleasant and respond well to power. They'll turn noticeably and then fade fairly hard late in flight. The "flippy Destroyer" analogy works most of the time. Some Trespasses are simply too flippy to do much of anything with. I hate those ones. A perfect Trespass is a thing of beauty though, and a very viable driver. They're long, and they'll hang with most drivers on the market. I'd say a Trespass is a like a Sheriff, but simply a speed slower.

Last edited by Twmccoy; 05-07-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 600 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
Used to be D2/D3s, Nukes, Sorcerers, Wraiths, Terns, ect. Then, after back surgery and aging, I'm down to lower speed drivers. Pretty much all my distance drives are PDs and TDs these days. Went from ~400' to ~350'. I'm okay with it. Can't fight time.
Im not sure your age ,but im 36 (feels old lol) with 3 back surgeries and im still getting over 400 with octanes and mayhems. More consistently than i was pre-surgeries. Im spasming in pain after long rounds but i keep pushing.

Really trying to focus on working out. Yoga, core work, cleaning up my diet.

And yes, you can fight time. You wont win, but you can at least get a few good shots in. Imo
Old 05-07-2019, 03:50 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Some Trespasses are simply too flippy to do much of anything with. I hate those ones. A perfect Trespass is a thing of beauty though, and a very viable driver. They're long, and they'll hang with most drivers on the market. I'd say a Trespass is a like a Sheriff, but simply a speed slower.
Your 'flippy' Trespasses are probably right in my wheelhouse. So just send them to me and I'll exercise 'em frequently.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 194 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Your 'flippy' Trespasses are probably right in my wheelhouse. So just send them to me and I'll exercise 'em frequently.
I could use a seasoned star shryke
Old 05-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 36.5
Courses Played: 23
Niced 15 Times in 11 Posts

Not the longest but the shortest was a Daedalus I found , hearing it was easy distance by Dave D. and others It was a big meat hook of a disc. No glide what so ever. No I don't have a big arm at 65. This disc in champ , weight unknown is a big worthless giant turd of a disc. Nice looking disc though.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 74
Niced 880 Times in 324 Posts

I’ve recently been bagging Terns again after kicking them out for a year in favor of Shrykes. Terns are a lot more controllable and accurate in tight spaces, and they feel perfect in my hand. I won’t make that mistake again. I love how predictable Terns are; even when beaten in they maintain some LSS. I can get more distance with a Shryke on open holes, but I’ve never been able to throw them as accurately as my Terns.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:27 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 337 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disclover55 View Post
Not the longest but the shortest was a Daedalus I found , hearing it was easy distance by Dave D. and others It was a big meat hook of a disc. No glide what so ever. No I don't have a big arm at 65. This disc in champ , weight unknown is a big worthless giant turd of a disc. Nice looking disc though.
Yeah Dave said he has 350-390 foot distance and he says that the Daedalus allows him to "keep up" with his buddy that throws 500 feet. Bull ****.
He says this in this video.
https://youtu.be/E5dIzNa7o4w