#781  
Old 11-06-2019, 05:57 PM
xyman621's Avatar
xyman621 xyman621 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indiana
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 110
Niced 97 Times in 38 Posts
Default

So I've been throwing a Z-flx BuzzzOS for a bit now and was told it was more OS than other plastic. From my experience, not at all. This thing is glidey and will hold straight forever then slightly fade at the end.

I've pushed it out to 325 on straight low lines. Much further than any other OS.

It feels like an anomaly. It's like a D-line or JB OOB but with more glide. The disc is great but not what I wanted it for, hell it might push an eagle out of the bag.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #782  
Old 11-08-2019, 10:35 AM
j0atz's Avatar
j0atz j0atz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,894
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Hyzer View Post
Do all first run Z Buzzz OS's have a puddle top?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
All of my first run z's are just super flat, not puddle topped. But for some reason every blue one I have seen had a major puddle top. Could just be my experience...
Reply With Quote
  #783  
Old 11-09-2019, 09:28 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 632
Posts: 9,513
Niced 2,673 Times in 1,510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Hyzer View Post
Do all first run Z Buzzz OS's have a puddle top?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
outdated

but when the fr buzzos came out there was flatties and puddle tops

flatties had crap glide and dumped off fast

puddle tops had turn and glide but then abrupt fast fade

people were getting much moar distance from the puddle tops but the turn made it unpredictable
Reply With Quote
  #784  
Old 11-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 3,097
Niced 744 Times in 450 Posts
Default

If you like throwing your Buzzz OS for FH's I highly suggest checking out a Champion Caiman. The Caiman is much more comfortable to grip (chunkier rim & smaller diameter).

The stability & speed are really similar but I'm much more confident gripping the Caiman.
Reply With Quote
  #785  
Old 11-10-2019, 08:22 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,087
Niced 1,531 Times in 883 Posts
Default

Drones feel wonderful in a FH grip.
Reply With Quote
  #786  
Old 11-10-2019, 09:02 PM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 3,097
Niced 744 Times in 450 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Drones feel wonderful in a FH grip.
Of the three I'd go Caiman>Drone>BuzzzOS for FH comfort.

Caiman feels like a faster Zone to me.
Reply With Quote
  #787  
Old 01-24-2020, 11:18 AM
tennesseetailor tennesseetailor is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 147
Niced 53 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Has anyone had success cycling the Buzzz OS? I assume not so much in any premium plastic but what about Pro D or Jawbreaker? I'm looking for a grippier, consistently flatter alternative to cycling KC Rocs. Bead or no bead doesn't really make a difference to me, but I'm worried the Buzzz OS is too overstable to the point where even breaking them in doesn't get them to a normal Buzzz-like stability. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #788  
Old 01-24-2020, 11:39 AM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,267
Niced 1,483 Times in 782 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
Has anyone had success cycling the Buzzz OS? I assume not so much in any premium plastic but what about Pro D or Jawbreaker? I'm looking for a grippier, consistently flatter alternative to cycling KC Rocs. Bead or no bead doesn't really make a difference to me, but I'm worried the Buzzz OS is too overstable to the point where even breaking them in doesn't get them to a normal Buzzz-like stability. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.
During tourneys when a few unwanted turnovers got me shook, I'll pull out a seasoned BuzzzOS for my "straight" shots that can't afford to finish right (rhbh). It's a only a two disc cycle. 1 Fresh Z or ESP, 1 beat ESP (Or a D for a short while, while I wait for an ESP to season). I have a few really beat Ds that have the stability of a new Buzzz, but they all are shorter. They just don't have the glide.

Might not be the disc you're looking for...but for a D you can rough up on your drive way to test, it will only set you back $6.99.
Reply With Quote
 

  #789  
Old 01-24-2020, 11:53 AM
tennesseetailor tennesseetailor is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 147
Niced 53 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
During tourneys when a few unwanted turnovers got me shook, I'll pull out a seasoned BuzzzOS for my "straight" shots that can't afford to finish right (rhbh). It's a only a two disc cycle. 1 Fresh Z or ESP, 1 beat ESP (Or a D for a short while, while I wait for an ESP to season). I have a few really beat Ds that have the stability of a new Buzzz, but they all are shorter. They just don't have the glide.

Might not be the disc you're looking for...but for a D you can rough up on your drive way to test, it will only set you back $6.99.
Im not opposed to having a regular Z or ESP Buzzz for those longer mid, not quite fairway driver distance shots or turnovers. I feel more confident forcing a stable to slightly OS disc over on turnover lines than I do hyzerflipping or throwing US discs flat, anyway.

I can get a Roc to go a long way for a 4speed (sometimes it does get me in trouble) but maybe less glide/more control would be beneficial for added accuracy.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CE Teebird, FR Destroyer, FR Buzzz, 2nd FR Buzzz, Midnight Buzzz Apoth The Marketplace 9 07-23-2012 11:51 AM
Fr Buzzz, 2nd Fr Buzzz, Barstamp Buzzz - Set! jaw4 The Marketplace 6 03-20-2012 05:14 AM
3 New buzzz(08 flat z-buzzz, and 2 Supercolor buzzz) lot - $30 shipped Plankeye The Marketplace 3 02-18-2012 05:26 PM
ESP Flex Buzzz, Z Glow Buzzz, 2010 Eric McCabe Buzzz SS and others Eco81 The Marketplace 6 07-17-2011 06:04 AM
BuzZz SS, Elite X BuzZz & CryZtal BuzZz! WillACarpenter The Marketplace 9 01-05-2010 10:21 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.