Old 11-23-2019, 01:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 203 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
They currently have Tattar, Cox, Tamm, Nikko, & Keith that could all challenge any given week, but I'm not sure any of them could be top tier week in, week out. Tamm & Keith are the highest probability, but still need a couple seasons...

Arlinghaus is the "next" best thing. So, if they can keep him locked up, they should be good long term.
Tamm could be poised for a breakout year, but I tend to lean toward Tattar being someone who is top tier week in, week out. We just don't see her enough.

Notable appearances in 2019:

European Open - 5th
Worlds - 6th
USWDGC - 1st
Canadian Nationals - 1st
MVP Open - 2nd
GMC - 2nd
Delaware Challenge - 2nd

All of these events she either won or placed near the top of the field with Paige, Cat, Hokom, Weese etc in the field.

She's right there in the mix. It's time Lat ponies up and backs a full-scale U.S Tour for her (provided she is even interested in something like that).

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Jkosk; 11-23-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,725 Times in 2,961 Posts

Dynamic Discs peaked?... I didn't know Dynamic got married. Man, its all downhill from here

Old 11-23-2019, 02:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 525
Niced 1,547 Times in 737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Just a guess.. I see them positioned long term primarily as a retailer of all things disc golf. Opening up stores nationwide, etc, etc. Continuing to sponsor, or give jobs to "social media warriors" who in return market the brand. I still think that strategy is a smart business move, has to be a huge roi. I don't think they even "need" a team of sponsored players.
I agree with this too to an extent. I see them scaling back their line of discs as a smart move. I throw quite a bit of trilogy. But between the 3 brands, there was/is quite a bit of overlap in molds. Latitude cutting the overmolds, for example, is a good move. Leave that to MVP and Axiom. It's hard to find a lot of the molds I do throw in the plastic/weight I want already. I just don't see them opening up stores everywhere. Brick and mortar stores are already going away at a pretty fast pace. Disc golf stores aren't the future IMO.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,563 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I agree with this too to an extent. I see them scaling back their line of discs as a smart move. I throw quite a bit of trilogy. But between the 3 brands, there was/is quite a bit of overlap in molds. Latitude cutting the overmolds, for example, is a good move. Leave that to MVP and Axiom. It's hard to find a lot of the molds I do throw in the plastic/weight I want already. I just don't see them opening up stores everywhere. Brick and mortar stores are already going away at a pretty fast pace. Disc golf stores aren't the future IMO.
Everywhere? No, but if they continue to open stores in strategic markets where they can run local events, clinics, etc, it could be worth while. While I 100% agree most retail brick and mortar is a dying bread, disc golf as a whole is still young and the physical hands on aspect of the sport yields itself well to store retail, especially for new players.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-23-2019, 08:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 46
Niced 5,175 Times in 2,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Dynamic Discs peaked?... I didn't know Dynamic got married. Man, its all downhill from here
Not married, but they did just get out of a serious relationship, they’ve gotta be hurting from getting dumped like a sack of potatoes.

Old 11-23-2019, 08:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,272 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
DD got too big too fast. Too many high speed drivers and too many plastic options. That's true for all three of the Trilogy brands. Slow down. Thin the lineup. Tighten things up a bit. They should be alright.
Didn't they already cut like 1/3 of their molds earlier this year?
Old 11-23-2019, 09:16 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 3
Niced 202 Times in 103 Posts

Truthfully, I own about a dozen DD discs and all were bought mainly in support of Paige Pierce, two of them are her signature discs. About the only one in my bag part time is a classic blend Judge. I can't foresee buying any more from them in the future.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:03 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 117 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Not just DD but I think the Trilogy popularity bubble has finally burst. They've hemorrhaged talent and are making deep cuts in their disc production.
I have no data to back it up, but I'd wager Latitude and Westside still make lots of moola in Sweden and Finland. They could probably thrive off just that.

Old 11-23-2019, 12:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,148 Times in 967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Didn't they already cut like 1/3 of their molds earlier this year?
It's a start. Way too many speed 13-15 drivers between the three companies.