Old 04-25-2019, 06:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 98 Times in 83 Posts
Default Champ

Anyone throw a champ Caiman...is it more stable than Star..thoughts???
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2019, 06:54 AM
Par Member

Niced 27 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmtata01 View Post
Anyone throw a champ Caiman...is it more stable than Star..thoughts???
My Champ Caiman is a bit more overstable than Star Caiman and has less glide. Both with tiny domes.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 744 Times in 450 Posts

Stopped by a PIAS after work & fondled the inventory. Got my hands on a Champion Caiman & was surprised how great it felt with my grip. It's got the micro-est of micro beads that I can barely see or feel.

Managed to get a quick round in before dark & am impressed so far. Its os for sure but not near the 2|0|4 stability on the stamp. I agree with the 5.5 speed. It really popped out of my hand fast for a mid.

I wanted the Champion for extra durability but the Star Caimans I saw there have got a killer stock stamp. Almost as cool as the DX Wraith stamp....almost.

My Buzzz OS has some competition right now.

Last edited by Stable; 11-01-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
I saw some domey Caimans at Mando's in Auburn, WA the other day. They were all muted colors, almost faded, dark pastel. Each had a dome which curved consistently from shoulder to center of flight plate, not quite pop topped but the shape that typically lends itself to poppy tops in drivers. Probably a few mm of dome.

Also each of them had that interesting texture on the rim that made me think blizzard plastic at first. Then as I took a closer look and feel, I realized that the texture is not unlike that on many of the current run 1.5 mortars - not blizzardy with air pockets, but some kind of texture to the rim that maybe resulted from the way it was injected... just spitballing here.
I noticed that blizzard like texture on a lot of the Star Caimans I saw yesterday. The discs were all 170-175g. Didn't see that texture on any of the Champions there. Odd.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 96 Times in 58 Posts

^^^ i have a champ with that texture, they are out there. i prefer the champ to 1st run star also. its a lil better feel, little more glide, slightly softer fade on the finish.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Do Glow Champion Caimans exist? They should.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 234 Times in 109 Posts

In the past couple of months I've really taken to my proto star Caiman. I did pick up a Champion flat top Caiman as a backup. However, what I'd really like to see is an XT Caiman now that it's getting colder outside. Plus, I'd be curious to see if an XT version would hit and stick or if it would still skip like my Star and Champion versions do.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:06 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 10 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
In the past couple of months I've really taken to my proto star Caiman. I did pick up a Champion flat top Caiman as a backup. However, what I'd really like to see is an XT Caiman now that it's getting colder outside. Plus, I'd be curious to see if an XT version would hit and stick or if it would still skip like my Star and Champion versions do.
A softer Caiman is exactly what i want! My star has already taken over many of my Xsoft Zone shots and im more confident in the Caiman. I just want one that has less skip for those touchier approach shots!

Niced: (1)
Old 03-10-2020, 08:37 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 54 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelinlucky View Post
A softer Caiman is exactly what i want! My star has already taken over many of my Xsoft Zone shots and im more confident in the Caiman. I just want one that has less skip for those touchier approach shots!
They're not easy to find, but a Frontline-X Mortar is basically a GStar Caiman. It's a little less OS but still very reliable.

Old 03-10-2020, 09:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,038 Times in 1,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
They're not easy to find, but a Frontline-X Mortar is basically a GStar Caiman. It's a little less OS but still very reliable.
Discsport here in Sweden have 37pc of Frontline-X Mortar in stock, and only 5 Euro in shipping

But is the Mortar really that close to a Caiman? . .i have a few of the Pink Grow Mortar and i was thinking of trying a FR Caiman just for fun