Old 03-15-2020, 01:43 AM
Par Member

Niced 155 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
How so? Most wait specifically for the star team discs so trickling them out creates the most buzz. Getting the team champion discs available clears more Friday’s for new releases. If anything, it’s a less than desirable deal for team champion players since they’re not individually highlighted like star team players will be.
I knew you were wrong.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-15-2020, 04:40 PM
Par Member

Niced 53 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
I knew you were wrong.
About what?
Old 03-15-2020, 05:15 PM
Par Member

Quote:
About what?
That delaying the release of the star team discs would generate more buys. Going to be hard for them to generate excitement with no tour.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:26 PM
Par Member

Quote:
That delaying the release of the star team discs would generate more buys. Going to be hard for them to generate excitement with no tour.
I agree to a certain extent, but it's not like you knew that tour would be suspended/delayed/whatever you want to call it. So I'm not sure what you "knew" I was wrong about.

Releasing all star team discs at the same time would be a huge mistake. Consumer funds are finite and Innova knows that. Releasing Sexybirds and restocking over a couple weeks, then releasing Jermbirds, restocking, releasing Conrad's Aviars, etc etc over the span of the season is an easy way to get consumers purchasing discs to support all their favorite pros and not just the ones they can afford at one time. Innova doesn't want to make consumers choose and spreading the releases out over the season is accomplishing that goal while selling a ton of discs.

This model isn't unique to discs, by any stretch. It's a pretty normal methodology of ensuring consumers continue to spend on any manufacturer's products.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-15-2020, 05:49 PM
Par Member

The goal of tour series discs should be to support the player. They should all be available for sale at the start of the tour.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:56 PM
Par Member

Quote:
The goal of tour series discs should be to support the player. They should all be available for sale at the start of the tour.
Innova is a business...yes, they want their players to succeed because they represent Innova Champion Discs. Innova wants their players to feel supported by fans and consumers want to support their favorite pros by purchasing a disc with their name on it. But Innova pays their players, pays to support the sport through sponsoring numerous events, and the pay their employees, all of which requires turning a profit. There's little room for idealistic decision-making when you have bills to pay.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:56 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,153 Times in 959 Posts

Quote:
I agree and they could if the company makes the Champion discs for sale starting in first Friday in January of the new year. Then the slow trickle could happen with the Star team and be ready for the new season, possibly releasing the last disc on the Friday of the first tournament that is Pro Tour/National Tour. This could happen if they work with the players as soon as the PT/NT are done for the season and get discs made for the players to be ready before the holiday break that most Disc Golf Company's have so they can ship over time.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:38 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I agree and they could if the company makes the Champion discs for sale starting in first Friday in January of the new year. Then the slow trickle could happen with the Star team and be ready for the new season, possibly releasing the last disc on the Friday of the first tournament that is Pro Tour/National Tour. This could happen if they work with the players as soon as the PT/NT are done for the season and get discs made for the players to be ready before the holiday break that most Disc Golf Company's have so they can ship over time.
In a vacuum, sure. But it would be near impossible with contract negotiations, manufacturing demands and scheduling, design, measuring demand, the list of variables that have to be taken into consideration when manufacturing limited edition anything can be endless. Then pair that with all the stock discs they have to manufacture and distribute.

I don't see a problem with how Innova is handling the tour series discs at all; the way they handle it is great for business and great for consumers because they're able to purchase multiple discs to support their favorite pros, regardless of the season being suspended or not.

Is there a big gripe I'm missing or are people just impatient and want access to everything immediately?
Old 03-15-2020, 10:21 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,153 Times in 959 Posts

Quote:
In a vacuum, sure. But it would be near impossible with contract negotiations, manufacturing demands and scheduling, design, measuring demand, the list of variables that have to be taken into consideration when manufacturing limited edition anything can be endless. Then pair that with all the stock discs they have to manufacture and distribute.

I don't see a problem with how Innova is handling the tour series discs at all; the way they handle it is great for business and great for consumers because they're able to purchase multiple discs to support their favorite pros, regardless of the season being suspended or not.

Is there a big gripe I'm missing or are people just impatient and want access to everything immediately?
Nah nothing you are missing, they just want everything immediately. I was trying to explian that even if the discs come before the season they still have to for max profit do the delay on the Star team, why does all the Champion team release at once? With the lesser team the Innova staff could have the discs ready to release little by little in the off season in February. The Discs could be done selling from least popular to most in that order with the Champion team.

Now if a Pro player with Innova came out with a Champion Destroyer for the tour disc I would buy it provided the disc is not the "Jolly Launcher Style" and from persons tour disc will come in weights as low as at least ~165 grams as 165 grams +/-- 2 grams is what I get in the Destroyer as I need an about 165 gram disc to work well for me, or a Valkyrie in Glow Champion/Micro Gummy Champion not the Super Gummy out there in the Limited Run, I would buy the disc as the low dome and micro gummy feel is what I would want in the Champion Valkyrie. Same for the Star but in a almost no dome disc for somebody who wants a Valkyrie feel and flight of a standard Viking for wind fighting 20 mph up to 25 mph steady and with gusts up to 30 mph.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 03-15-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:28 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 11 Times in 10 Posts

anyone get that team corvette.. ? ive only thrown max wght star....a few times.....wasnt impressed...then threw someoneones the other day very straight and far...got my interest