Old 03-20-2020, 09:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 952 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredoubles View Post
2020 Heimburg Destroyers are up. They are apparently super domey. How does that typically affect things?

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/swir...ur-series.html
You never know with a Destroyer. Usually more dome = better glide. As for stability, its a toss up. I've seen super overstable flat Destroyers, and super overstable domey ones.

I look for Destroyers that fly true to the numbers. I want that -1 turn, and I want the disc to actually hold that turn for a bit. Innova has a nasty habit of releasing lots of Destroyers that are more like 12, 4, 0, 3. Those are not fun to throw, and they don't go anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2020, 11:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 175 Times in 122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
You never know with a Destroyer. Usually more dome = better glide. As for stability, its a toss up. I've seen super overstable flat Destroyers, and super overstable domey ones.

I look for Destroyers that fly true to the numbers. I want that -1 turn, and I want the disc to actually hold that turn for a bit. Innova has a nasty habit of releasing lots of Destroyers that are more like 12, 4, 0, 3. Those are not fun to throw, and they don't go anywhere.
The plus side to this, if you know what to look for in wing shape and height, is that you can find any piece to a cycle. So long as you have the luxury of hand picking them.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-21-2020, 12:52 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,158 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
The plus side to this, if you know what to look for in wing shape and height, is that you can find any piece to a cycle. So long as you have the luxury of hand picking them.
Wing shape, Dome height and the nose height or part that the top and wing come togther on fairway drivers on up. Also weight can be important for some. Like me with liking the Champion and not getting the over 167 gram discs as the Around 170 gram plus discs in Champion take for me too much power to throw right.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 03-21-2020 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:45 AM

Years Playing: 0.4
Niced 23 Times in 14 Posts

Did a quick review on the new Ricky Destroyers. Feel free to give some feedback!

https://youtu.be/hsW6VGSxeR0

Old 03-23-2020, 07:51 AM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animage View Post
Which destroyer is off the shelf most understable, not counting dx?
Echo Star Destroyer. I have found few old ones with the robot stamp. I have two beat in that are pure hyzerflip to roller discs, one domey that is pretty stable and two light green that are really straight have ton of glide. Problem is that in slight headwind they all turn and don't fade back.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBear View Post
Echo Star Destroyer. I have found few old ones with the robot stamp. I have two beat in that are pure hyzerflip to roller discs, one domey that is pretty stable and two light green that are really straight have ton of glide. Problem is that in slight headwind they all turn and don't fade back.
E* or G* Destroyers are generally less stable than regular stars or champions.

One thing to note though, recent Ricky star Destroyers are coming out somewhat flippy. Nothing like 4X McBeths (those things were pure beef).
Old 03-23-2020, 12:34 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 70 Times in 51 Posts

Might have to snag a few of those flippy ones. I have a F2 AJ Destroyer that is perfect right now but I'm almost afraid to throw it because I have nothing like it.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:01 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
E* or G* Destroyers are generally less stable than regular stars or champions.

One thing to note though, recent Ricky star Destroyers are coming out somewhat flippy. Nothing like 4X McBeths (those things were pure beef).
Are you talking about the SockiBot or the regular 2x stamp Destroyers for the more understable flight? I bought a couple of Raptor stamps last year and they were meat hooks.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoj View Post
Are you talking about the SockiBot or the regular 2x stamp Destroyers for the more understable flight? I bought a couple of Raptor stamps last year and they were meat hooks.
Raptor stamps. The two I've thrown so far literally match the numbers perfectly. 12, 5, -1, 3. Great glide and distance.

Interesting to hear that your raptor ones are so beefy.

I guess that goes to show you can't really make assumptions or generalize when it comes to Destroyers. They really are all over the place.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:18 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 70 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Raptor stamps. The two I've thrown so far literally match the numbers perfectly. 12, 5, -1, 3. Great glide and distance.

Interesting to hear that your raptor ones are so beefy.

I guess that goes to show you can't really make assumptions or generalize when it comes to Destroyers. They really are all over the place.
My Raptor one was true to the numbers as well. I feel like I can actually throw a Destroyer again lol.