Old 03-25-2020, 10:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 358 Times in 166 Posts

I really liked the raptor run of destroyers, besides the stamp. I tried one of the new signature ones and it was just like the raptors I have (flat wing, dome). I just ordered a few more, and they are not a flat wing at all. Moral of the story, buy your destroyers in person, because they still vary.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-28-2020, 03:10 PM

Niced 12 Times in 8 Posts

I have one 4x McBeth 163gr with straight wing and blizzardy rim. Most understable star destroyer that I had thrown. Perfect for tail wind or no wind. My go to for max distance at calm or tail wind situations.
Then they relesed raptor destroyers. Now I have 5 of them. All are straight winged and blizzardy rimmed like the 4x one. They are bit more stable though. Not for head wind still, but I can reach max back hand with these. Around 430 feet. When I lose my 4x or it gets beaten too understable, I have plenty of back up!

Last edited by Timesby; 03-28-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 952 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesby View Post
I have one 4x McBeth 163gr with straight wing and blizzardy rim. Most understable star destroyer that I had thrown. Perfect for tail wind or no wind. My go to for max distance at calm or tail wind situations.
Then they relesed raptor destroyers. Now I have 5 of them. All are straight winged and blizzardy rimmed like the 4x one. They are bit more stable though. Not for head wind still, but I can reach max back hand with these. Around 430 feet. When I lose my 4x or it gets beaten too understable, I have plenty of back up!
Sounds like your 4X McBeth must have been made right as they were transitioning stamps. Newer Destroyers seem to have the straight wing.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:38 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 281 Times in 129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Sounds like your 4X McBeth must have been made right as they were transitioning stamps. Newer Destroyers seem to have the straight wing.
I have McBeth Destroyers from years ago that have a straighter wing. I'm pretty sure the straightness of the wing has something to do with the cooling process or some other random production element.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 175 Times in 122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateWesternSky View Post
I have McBeth Destroyers from years ago that have a straighter wing. I'm pretty sure the straightness of the wing has something to do with the cooling process or some other random production element.
Yeah I had a penned McBeth 4x destroyer a while back with the straight wing/blizzard texture. Weighed in the 160s. It was an out-of-the-box bomber. Flipped it into the woods one round, some say it's still flying to this day.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-29-2020, 03:58 AM

Niced 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Propably so. But some say that there are also concave winged raptor destroyers. I have not seen one.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:10 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,158 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Yes if they are Star.

The Pro, Champion and DX Destroyers still tend to have the more gentle curved wing from 2014 when the AJ was made. I got a new Pro Destroyer in 2019 with the stamp of the course logo that somebody made for the course name and they had just got in a new set of those discs. It is in how these newer Star Destroyer discs are cooling as Innova might be cooling a bunch of the discs quicker just to keep up with the demand of Ricky boy fans who are now back to using there old Innova discs or getting new ones if they started back when Ricky was sponsored by Latitude 64 and using the Trilogy. I don't think that is why Ricky is wanting a Destroyer that US. I do think that this is why more pro players are getting a Star Wraith over a Star Destroyer as the Wraith is like the not as fast cooled wing of the Destroyer. I say go with the Pro Destroyer or get a Champion Destroyer as it is easier to find the characteristics and weight for what you want in a Destroyer as those plastics of Destroyer are less in demand.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:56 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 752 Times in 351 Posts

Sample size, wind conditions, pro arm speed aside, still an interesting comparison.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 81
Niced 358 Times in 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post

Sample size, wind conditions, pro arm speed aside, still an interesting comparison.
Spreading a lot of misinformation there. Unless Innova comes out and says that they made the two current stamps have different flight paths on purpose, I won't believe that for a second.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 952 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
Spreading a lot of misinformation there. Unless Innova comes out and says that they made the two current stamps have different flight paths on purpose, I won't believe that for a second.
I'd have to agree. For a while I was one of the people making gross generalizations about Destroyers, attempting to figure out which ones fly certain ways.

I've come to the conclusion that you really can't tell. Each Destroyer seems to be different, often even within a particular run.

The one generalization I'll make is that the 2 raptor Wysocki Destroyers I've thrown so far are less stable than ANY McBeth Destroyer I've ever thrown (at least 12 of them).

With star Destroyers I've seen everything from 12, 4, 0, 3 to 12, 5, -2, 2. Quite a bit of variance within the mold.