Old 04-16-2020, 04:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 59 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declarkus View Post
Was the plastic slick? What color? First Flight or nah?

And when you say you loved the flight, how long did you throw it before it clicked with you?
The reason I ask is most Proline Pipelines fly straight with fade out of the box and will lose that HSS quickly. The new Tour Pipelines are flippy out of the box in a nice grippy blend.

As far as comparisons, the Undertaker seems to be fairly close. I threw a TL years back, and I remember it flying similar. Maybe go TL3 for straighter or Leo3 for flippier. These are all guesses. Sidewinder? Valk? Thief? Mantis? FD? F5?
Yes, the plastic was too slick. It was a purple color. Not First Flight. I clicked with it right away. For me it had a slight “s” to the flight but overall straight. Maybe I’ll try a Star Leo3. I have a DX Leo3 and I liked it when it was new.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-23-2020, 01:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Niced 599 Times in 311 Posts

So i tried a ff proline pipeline when they first came out. The first 3 throws were -1 turn. After that, the stability was lost and it almost became a roller disc very quickly. That was a few years ago.

Last week i ordered a sparkle pipeline. Out the box its -1 turn. I hope it holds this stability longer than the proline did. This fills a slot between my beefy mvp volt and my super flippy discraft mantis
Old 04-27-2020, 10:01 PM

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 11
Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts

How do the Swirly Proline Flex Pipelines fly? Ive been loving the feel of the swirl proline flex plastic with this Steady BL. Wonder if they will click better with me than the SP's Ive thrown so far.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 101
Niced 234 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echota View Post
How do the Swirly Proline Flex Pipelines fly? Ive been loving the feel of the swirl proline flex plastic with this Steady BL. Wonder if they will click better with me than the SP's Ive thrown so far.

Probably the least stable pipeline currently. I really like throwing mine in the woods for hyzer flip to flat with a very straight finish or slight right finish(rhbh). If I throw it flat it will hold over and not come out of the turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-04-2020, 08:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,562 Times in 778 Posts

So I think I figured out why I was finding the Pipeline so understable.

Last year, I finally figured out real 'nose down' angles, and was super overcompensating with a ton of nose down. Now this year, I've been working on a more neutral nose angle and am finding out that some of my issues last year were because of the extreme nose down angles I was trying to throw with.

Since I've figured this out I've decided to revisit the pipeline - especially because the Uli Raptors are quite a bit straighter than the standard runs, and will slot perfectly in next to the pipeline where they would slightly overlap with Undertakers.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 40 Times in 30 Posts

VictorB may have just answered my question, but what is everyone using as an overstable compliment to the Pipeline? I'm not a huge fan of the bead on the Banzai, and I don't think I have the arm to use a Predator as anything more an a utility disc. I'm currently testing a Tsunami, and I like it more than the Banzai, but the rim feels a bit sharp/uncomfortable. I'd like to stay in the Discraft/DGA family, Anax? Raptor? Something else?
Old 07-08-2020, 08:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Is the hellfire too fast for that slot? I've not thrown one.

I think you can easily find what you are wanting between the Anax, Raptor, or Tsunami. Keep in mind, my experience with stock run raptors is that they are pretty close to a predator - the 2.1 rating is not that far away from the 2.5 of a predator.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 40 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Is the hellfire too fast for that slot? I've not thrown one.

I think you can easily find what you are wanting between the Anax, Raptor, or Tsunami. Keep in mind, my experience with stock run raptors is that they are pretty close to a predator - the 2.1 rating is not that far away from the 2.5 of a predator.
Too fast and overstable, it’s a utility disc for me.

I’ve heard the Anax has a similar rim to the Tsunami, any comparisons between the Anax and Raptor? Which is typically more overstable?
Old 07-08-2020, 09:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 40
Niced 64 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
VictorB may have just answered my question, but what is everyone using as an overstable compliment to the Pipeline? I'm not a huge fan of the bead on the Banzai, and I don't think I have the arm to use a Predator as anything more an a utility disc. I'm currently testing a Tsunami, and I like it more than the Banzai, but the rim feels a bit sharp/uncomfortable. I'd like to stay in the Discraft/DGA family, Anax? Raptor? Something else?
2nd run sp pipeline maybe?

Old 07-08-2020, 09:37 PM
* Ace Member *

I've honestly not thrown the Anax so couldn't tell you. The tour series raptors seem less overstable than stock runs so probably somewhere close to a tsunami