Old 08-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 479 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
At this point, what discs can be made that arent clones? That are actually useful for Mcbeth? Any company he went to would do the same.

I think the plastic blends are the main differences now with all the big companies. Discraft is absolutely killing it in that department.
What are the best Discraft plastic blends in your opinion? Personally I think Star > ESP and DX > Pro-D, but I dont have that much experience with Discraft.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2020, 09:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,471 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
What are the best Discraft plastic blends in your opinion? Personally I think Star > ESP and DX > Pro-D, but I dont have that much experience with Discraft.
Personally I don't love the newer ESP. It's beautiful but it's a lot stiffer than older ESP. Old ESP > Star > new ESP. Z > Champion for the most part. Some of the lustery Champion runs are sweet. Pro > X, X takes awhile to get some tackiness. DX > pro D probably. Though I have some D Roaches that feel nice, durability is an issue.

Discraft has lots of special blends that are great too.

One man's opinion....
Old 08-04-2020, 10:24 AM
Par Member

Niced 46 Times in 34 Posts

Yeah I have a bunch of newer ESP discs. People have always raved over ESP's excellent grip, but none of my ESP discs have better grip than my Star discs. Star has some variance in grip too (I mean what plastic doesn't). By far my grippiest star disc is a 165 Star TL3. I wouldn't trade that thing for the world.

None of that compares to the champ color glow Sexybirds though. If only every disc Innova made was with that champ color glow blend. The grip is absurd.

Also, to be fair on the new McBeth line being Innova clones, I will say that I really can't put a finger on what the Anax is supposed to be. It's definitely straighter/glidier/flippier than a Thunderbird, which is the closest comparison I can make. To this day I still don't know whether to rate it 10/6/0/3 or 10/5/-1/3.

Last edited by twistedraven; 08-04-2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 944 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
Yeah I have a bunch of newer ESP discs. People have always raved over ESP's excellent grip, but none of my ESP discs have better grip than my Star discs. Star has some variance in grip too (I mean what plastic doesn't). By far my grippiest star disc is a 165 Star TL3. I wouldn't trade that thing for the world.

None of that compares to the champ color glow Sexybirds though. If only every disc Innova made was with that champ color glow blend. The grip is absurd.

Also, to be fair on the new McBeth line being Innova clones, I will say that I really can't put a finger on what the Anax is supposed to be. It's definitely straighter/glidier/flippier than a Thunderbird, which is the closest comparison I can make. To this day I still don't know whether to rate it 10/6/0/3 or 10/5/-1/3.

I agree about the Anax. Weird disc. Its definitely longer and glidier than a Thunderbird. Flippier too.

I've never thrown another disc like it.

My Anax is something like 10, 6, -1, 2. Floaty with some high speed turn and a soft late fade.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,038 Times in 1,144 Posts

The Zeus and Anax seams to be in a very weird ESP plastic, much stiffer than my other ESP discs.

Just got a ESP Flick and a Zeus today and the Flick is very soft and grippy ...Zeus is stiff and slippery, feels more like Big-Z

Old 08-04-2020, 06:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 944 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
The Zeus and Anax seams to be in a very weird ESP plastic, much stiffer than my other ESP discs.

Just got a ESP Flick and a Zeus today and the Flick is very soft and grippy ...Zeus is stiff and slippery, feels more like Big-Z
I'd say my Zeus falls into the "stiff/slippery" group. I love the plastic, but it is fairly rigid stuff. Seems really durable too.

That said, I'd rather have the current ESP than some of the older stuff that was rubbery/gummy. It warped easily and wasn't durable.