Old 08-10-2020, 03:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,530 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtex View Post
any commentary on how your teammates fared out there? Best performance was Tied for 25th.
Not getting the dig here... Since when did disc golf become a team sport?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 08-10-2020, 04:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,530 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
But it IS NOT strange to see forehand strong players dominate in the woods. Not at all. Regardless of their "style/form", they get to look at where they are throwing most of the time.
"dominate" ? I thought boomer's game was awesome, but I didn't see anything close to a domination take place in the FPO division. The par golfers did their thing while the better skilled players made mistake..after...mistake. It also seems like Paige needs to learn how to finesse a disc a little better, less arm speed but more spin at release. Could help with accuracy in the woods.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 650 Times in 316 Posts

Pierce should chain herself to MJ until he teaches her the art of Comet whispering.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 213
Niced 610 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
youre still butthurt about that comment

lololol
Nope I just thought it was silly. Over-reaching. Part of today's "sensationalist" culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
"dominate" ? I thought boomer's game was awesome, but I didn't see anything close to a domination take place in the FPO division. The par golfers did their thing while the better skilled players made mistake..after...mistake. It also seems like Paige needs to learn how to finesse a disc a little better, less arm speed but more spin at release. Could help with accuracy in the woods.
I wasn't specifically talking about FPO in this tournament. It was more of general statement. But I will take your comment and agree that over-reached there as well. In general, at the pro level it is rare that anyone "dominates." Most events are within 3-4 strokes so that's hardly domination, I get your point. What I more accurately meant was that forehand dominate players will have a better chance to shine in the woods because of that. For example, where did Sarah H when her World title? -- Charlotte. Big Jerm had 2 DGPT wins in Waco, one in a playoff over Nate Perkins. Barsby won Worlds at Smugglers. Not that anyone dominates, I get you, but FH-dominant players have a slight advantage on wooded courses.

Niced: (3)
Old 08-10-2020, 06:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 226
Niced 3,912 Times in 2,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
But it IS NOT strange to see forehand strong players dominate in the woods. Not at all. Regardless of their "style/form", they get to look at where they are throwing most of the time.
Quote:
Where's Johnny Depth when you need him?

Niced: (3)
Old 08-10-2020, 09:11 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 90
Niced 39 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
I'd like to see a proper Manufacturers Cup. Send your best 5 Pros and have at it.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-10-2020, 10:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 944 Times in 729 Posts

Paige definitely had a rough weekend. IDK, maybe the heat was getting to her. I don't think those technical, wooded courses are really her forte. Paige excels on the open courses where she can really cut loose on every hole. All the other women seem to catch up to her when distances are limited by OB or trees. Her obvious advantage is length.

Way, way too many OBs. That course is hard, but she was simply not throwing good shots consistently. Extremely wild at times, and on seemingly innocuous looking shots.

Frankly, I think that course looked like a slog for the women. It had too much OB, and after a while it looked like they weren't enjoying playing there anymore. Several holes the average score was bogey or worse.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,721 Times in 2,959 Posts

b9...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkGq3fxSkaE

Becca Cox and Kona Panis on the mics
Old 08-11-2020, 05:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,036 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Paige definitely had a rough weekend. IDK, maybe the heat was getting to her. I don't think those technical, wooded courses are really her forte. Paige excels on the open courses where she can really cut loose on every hole. All the other women seem to catch up to her when distances are limited by OB or trees. Her obvious advantage is length.

Way, way too many OBs. That course is hard, but she was simply not throwing good shots consistently. Extremely wild at times, and on seemingly innocuous looking shots.

Frankly, I think that course looked like a slog for the women. It had too much OB, and after a while it looked like they weren't enjoying playing there anymore. Several holes the average score was bogey or worse.
If you look at Paiges all 3 rounds, and combines the best score ..pick the best score on each hole over the 3 rounds and you get a -8 Bogey free round

So she COULD throw a -8 round at Idlewild. . .but all the OBs she throws destroys her chances

Her variance is LARGE. . on hole 13 she threw a 3 and a 8!!

Old 08-11-2020, 08:50 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 185 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Don't you see all those teammates out there drafting on each other? They're just waiting for the best time to execute a 'Shake and Bake' maneuver!

Niced: (1)