Old 09-19-2020, 05:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 598 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Haven't thrown a wraith in a decade or more...does Discraft or DGA make a wraith? Seems like the Surge would be just fine for me, if I just don't stick with the Hurricane.
Yes. A Rogue....as mentioned above
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-19-2020, 06:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1,470 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Haven't thrown a wraith in a decade or more...does Discraft or DGA make a wraith? Seems like the Surge would be just fine for me, if I just don't stick with the Hurricane.
You're the DGA guy but I don't think they have an equivalent to a Wraith. I always heard the Surge and Wraith were very similar. I believe they list the same flight numbers.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Wraith and Rogue from Infinite.

SP/PL/DL plastic readily available for the Rogue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture+_2020-09-19-20-37-13.jpg (91.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Capture+_2020-09-19-20-36-44.jpg (93.3 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Emoney; 09-19-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:44 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 41
Niced 1,217 Times in 608 Posts

Rogue is a Surge SS but a tick more stable, like the Titanic vs Magnet it's slightly taller and I believe slightly wider as well. Definitely not as hard of a fade as a regular Surge.

Vic, the Surge probably is right up your alley but it's a shame they're quite difficult to come across in ESP. A fresh Z will be surprisingly overstable, while the swirly glo (Ledgestone?) limited ESP run a little while back is absurdly so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
My two Swirls are slightly higher PLH than the four Zs I currently own (and all of the ESPs). Slight shoulder to flat top for both...pink/purple scaled 174.5 and blue scaled 176. Blue is slighter higher PLH than the pink/purple. Won't throw them until Friday unfortunately.

Both #1
Both #2
Quote:
Both my Swirls are BEEFY. Like, not a Surge beefy.

If you're a "five Destroyer guy" then you'll love these to solidify the overstable bookend of the Surge world, otherwise avoid these. If you always thought the Surge wasn't overstable enough, try one of these. Clearly shorter, less/no turn, practically glideless, prominent fade compared to the stacks of Z and ESP I've thrown over the years. Damn...might be useless depending upon what else you decide to bag. I'll work one or both in this spring and check back once I notice some real change in flight.

One more look
It's been a while since I've thrown the Hurricane but they do have similar flights. What were you looking for besides distance on your Hurricanes? Bit more turn or fade? Less?

Old 09-20-2020, 08:15 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,147 Times in 953 Posts

Quote:
Rogue is a Surge SS but a tick more stable, like the Titanic vs Magnet it's slightly taller and I believe slightly wider as well. Definitely not as hard of a fade as a regular Surge.

Vic, the Surge probably is right up your alley but it's a shame they're quite difficult to come across in ESP. A fresh Z will be surprisingly overstable, while the swirly glo (Ledgestone?) limited ESP run a little while back is absurdly so:

It's been a while since I've thrown the Hurricane but they do have similar flights. What were you looking for besides distance on your Hurricanes? Bit more turn or fade? Less?
I have a Proline Titanic and it is the same diameter as my Jawbreaker, it is the wing/rim that is just hair wider then the Magnet due in part to the spacer. But the mold not due to plastic mine are in I feel but do to design is a tick more OS then Magnet due to the spacer helping with the aerodynamics of making Titanic mold more OS.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:42 PM

Right.

Back to the Surge and Rogue.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Right.

Back to the Surge and Rogue.
I thought the surge was OOP. When i searched i couldnt find any for sale that were new/updated stamp.
Thx for the info that they are still on the order form in Z plastic.

The doss Surges used to be my go-to distance drivers and i found as many as i could before i gave in to the speed 12-13 drivers. Those were great throwers and that esp plastic was great.

I will admit to not throwing my Rogue yet due to an injury but from flight numbers and feel, it sure did remind me of a wraith or surge.
The new dga Proline plastic beats in pretty quick too. So this should be a good distance control drivers for the long wooded holes i have to deal with.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,562 Times in 778 Posts

The Z Surge I picked up is useless as a distance driver for me. Flies a lot more like an overstable C-PD, straight into the wind with a hefty fade. I'll be sticking with hurricanes because if I can't grab one off the shelf and have it fly decent, it's just another that I'll be trying to chase online for the flight/plastic I want.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
The Z Surge I picked up is useless as a distance driver for me. Flies a lot more like an overstable C-PD, straight into the wind with a hefty fade. I'll be sticking with hurricanes because if I can't grab one off the shelf and have it fly decent, it's just another that I'll be trying to chase online for the flight/plastic I want.
I'd stay stick with your Hurricanes or try a different mold entirely. The SS is hard to find (I tracked some down for my brother) and I doubt the Rogue will be understable enough for you off the shelf. YMMV, possibly buy one Rogue to try?

Are you married to Discraft/DGA?

Old 09-21-2020, 04:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,562 Times in 778 Posts

Quote:

Are you married to Discraft/DGA?
No, but it helps me keep things simpler and not trying every disc on the market (I've been known to do that in the past far too much)