Old 02-25-2019, 06:42 PM
Par Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Hope this isn’t the case past few years all I ve collexted are the day glow since not as stable as regular runs
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2019, 08:37 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,154 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo View Post
Hope this isn’t the case past few years all I ve collexted are the day glow since not as stable as regular runs
Small stamp is different from a Glow Stamp. Glow Champion is OOP right now or so i have read else wear.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:49 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Niced 17 Times in 11 Posts

I have a dx leopard3 171g. I can hyzer flip it 300 feet.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:12 PM

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 15
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Bought my gf that pink mini stamp. Nice flat, great plastic, might have to steal it from her.

Busted my 2nd to last pfn Lep last week in the woods. :/
I'm running beat in f2 champn 168.
Pro Lep 172
New gstar Lep 172.

Open courses I'll throw in the Barry 2x.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:24 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 160 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
Somebody please report on the new Gibson Lusters. How’s the plastic/feel/flight?
Less stable than last years for me, closer to a standard champ leo. Nice pliable plastic like pearly champ circa 2006

Niced: (1)
Old 03-07-2019, 05:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Niced 1,401 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
Just came back from a very brief field session with the 6 Leo3s shown here and a somewhat used Pro Leo, freshy Champ Leo, and new Star Leo.

My official reaction to the Leo3s is "meh."
I don't see anything that you can't get out of the normal Leo variations. I guess if you want a new Leo and you wanted to make sure it is slightly understable, then the Leo3 is the way to go. The flight isn't substantially different, though.

I think the regular Leos go further... but distance isn't usually why you reach for the Leo instead of a Wraith/Destroyer/etc. Still. I'll probably stick with the regular Leos for the glide.

Average shot of the day was 385'.
Long shot of the day was 427' according to UDisc. This was a golf line that got some assistance from just the right poof of air, not a big distance line.

Last edited by Marmoset; 03-07-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Just came back from a very brief field session with the 6 Leo3s shown here and a somewhat used Pro Leo, freshy Champ Leo, and new Star Leo.

I don't see anything that you can't get out of the normal Leo variations. I guess if you want a new Leo and you wanted to make sure it is slightly understable, then the Leo3 is the way to go. The flight isn't substantially different, though.

I think the regular Leos go further... but distance isn't usually why you reach for the Leo instead of a Wraith/Destroyer/etc. Still. I'll probably stick with the regular Leos for the glide.

Long shot of the day was 427' according to UDisc. This was a golf line, not a big distance line.
I can understand the above, and I agree that there's not a LOT of difference between the Leo3. I like the feel and relative flatness of the Leo3, and I get more distance with the Leo3, which is a good thing on longer woods holes on courses near me... agree that in the open I likely will reach for my Sphinx. So if those Leo3s need a loving home....
Old 03-07-2019, 06:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,626 Times in 1,654 Posts

Quote:

Long shot of the day was 427' according to UDisc. This was a golf line that got some assistance from just the right poof of air, not a big distance line.
Yep, agreed...maybe slightly less stable on average but its basically the same. I would just pick either Leo or Leo3 based on the color and plastic feel or PLH in the store that day.

How was Gstar compared to star/champ? Can the Gstar still handle that much power?
Old 03-07-2019, 06:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Niced 1,401 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Can the Gstar still handle that much power?
It's brand-spankin'-new... so it handled it. It was obviously less OS than the Champ or Star, obviously more OS than the DX, and pretty sweet out of the box. The problem is, I'd rather beat a disc into this stability. I can see the G* being a good option for scary shots where you don't want to lose your Champ Leo that has been beating in for multiple seasons.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,626 Times in 1,654 Posts

Quote:
It's brand-spankin'-new... so it handled it. It was obviously less OS than the Champ or Star, obviously more OS than the DX, and pretty sweet out of the box. The problem is, I'd rather beat a disc into this stability. I can see the G* being a good option for scary shots where you don't want to lose your Champ Leo that has been beating in for multiple seasons.
That sounds about right. Gstar flies like you want immediately, but may beat in too much. That said I only have one Gstar disc currently and I have been impressed with its durability, even though for some reason I always think it'll beat in too much.

I don't love FH'ing Gstar discs, but a Leo-type slot is one of the few stabilities I wouldn't buy for dual duty. Totally possible, but mostly unnecessary for me.