Old 05-18-2018, 01:01 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Disc suggestions.

I am a beginner to intermediate disc golf player. I primarily throw forehand but am trying to be more consistent with the backhand. I currently bag:

Drivers:
•Champion Orc
•Champion Monarch (still don’t know how to throw it)
•139g wraith
•DX Eagle

Mid ranges:
•DX Roc3
•Champion Coyote

Putters:
•DX Dart (driving putter)
•Reallh best in soft Aviar (layup putter)
•prime judge (putting putter)

I’m currently looking at what I need to add to the bag. I’ve thought about a firebird (for forehands which I throw a lot) or a Mako3. However, I can’t decide if I’m buying a disc just to buy one, or because I need one. Based off of my current bag, what disc suggestions do you have?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2018, 01:17 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 63
Niced 124 Times in 75 Posts

Get more judges. Use them for all your putter needs. Get more roc3’s and throw them along with your coyote. Get an upper 160g’s Star Leopard. If the Orc is too flippy, continue using and get a new Orc. As you need to you can purchase new to replace old and thus, the cycle is complete.

All these discs can teach you the game with less distractions than searching for new plastic (ok, at least different new plastic). I have 25 brand new replacement putters and at least 10 seasoned.

Good luck.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:15 AM
Par Member

Niced 84 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
Get more judges. Use them for all your putter needs. Get more roc3’s and throw them along with your coyote.
I second this.

Try to buy few discs. Usually they don't help you to score better. Buy discs to have multiples of your main discs for better practicing, and buy discs if you clearly miss a shot.

Try to structure your driver section. Which one is your main driver? Get multiples of that one. Do as much as you can with it. Have clearly defined tasks for the other ones. This can settle over time, so no need to hurry there. Start with the putters by removing molds there.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,098 Times in 537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
All these discs can teach you the game with less distractions than searching for new plastic (ok, at least different new plastic). I have 25 brand new replacement putters and at least 10 seasoned.
Pay attention to this^

Also for your developing BH, I would focus on just learning the throw the Judge, Roc3 and Eagle. I think the Dx Eagle X might be one of the best "teaching" drivers in the game. Your Roc3 will season in to a straighter disc and it can cover most midrange shots except for OS ones (maybe add a Champ/Star Roc3 at that point). Grab another Judge and have one for throwing and use one for just putting.

Last edited by Streets; 05-18-2018 at 09:27 AM.