Old 01-22-2018, 04:02 PM
Par Member

Niced 87 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
Osprey packs are sewn in Vietnam. Nothing wrong with that, but it lowers the cost. Also, they've got volume on their side.

Pound bags are sewn by hand, one at a time, in the USA. And have top-notch warranty repairs. If you'll ever need them. They're pricy. And they're more comfortable and detail oriented than any other DG pack I've ever seen. I think that is important for a pack you are going to carry different ways (one shoulder two shoulders, by the grab handle) and you're going to pick up and put down 50+ times per round.

But yeah, spendy. And the best investment I have made in DG (except for a lesson).
Made in the USA and great customer service goes a long way! That makes sense. Hopefully I'll run into someone on the course with this bag so I can check it out.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2018, 12:34 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 200 Times in 121 Posts

My ULA and MLD bags are more expensive than Osprey, once again,not commodity. Niche market, hand made. With great service.

There's a backpacking comparison. Same applies
Old 01-27-2018, 10:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 194
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 274 Times in 148 Posts

Thanks haier2, great suggestion. I typically don't carry a completely full main compartment and substituting the drink insert as a disc divider worked well today
Old 01-28-2018, 09:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 44
Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
Thanks haier2, great suggestion. I typically don't carry a completely full main compartment and substituting the drink insert as a disc divider worked well today
Definitely, glad other folks are taking advantage of this layout. I do wonder if this was an intended function, as they seem to have thought of everything.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-11-2018, 09:47 PM

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got my 2018 Sexton Octothorpe. It was kind of an impulse buy. I love the look and the way it feels on my back. I researched quite a bit but I didn't realize that there isn't any rails or reinforcement on the bottom of the bag. I'm excited to use the bag but a little bummed that the bottom isn't even as sturdy as the $80 hero pack. I NEVER drag my bag but after 100's of rounds i wore holes on edges of a few different bags over the years. I will probably be adding the skid protectors to bottom myself. Just wondering if anybody has worn holes in the bottom?
Old 04-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 175 Times in 115 Posts

They are purposely made that way to add to the bags longevity. Adding rails to the bottom creates weak points that will wear quicker over time versus not having anything on the bottom except heavy duty fabric

Old 04-16-2018, 04:32 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HukDMC View Post
I just got my 2018 Sexton Octothorpe. It was kind of an impulse buy. I love the look and the way it feels on my back. I researched quite a bit but I didn't realize that there isn't any rails or reinforcement on the bottom of the bag. I'm excited to use the bag but a little bummed that the bottom isn't even as sturdy as the $80 hero pack. I NEVER drag my bag but after 100's of rounds i wore holes on edges of a few different bags over the years. I will probably be adding the skid protectors to bottom myself. Just wondering if anybody has worn holes in the bottom?
I beat the crap out of mine and it still looked "like new" two years in. In fact, it has a new owner now (the bag is just too big for my needs).

Use it and abuse it. It's an amazing bag. Levi and crew are always helpful.

Here's hoping what I call the "Half Pound" will come out as expected this summer for those of who don't carry 30 discs.

I do have some concerns about their expanded operation affecting quality. I have not seen any 2018's so I really cannot judge for myself.

Pb
Old 04-17-2018, 08:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 29.5
Courses Played: 103
Niced 34 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmtata01 View Post
Dose anyone use a divider or Stand in the main compartment when not needing to fill it up? I usually carry a full bag of 5 putters and 18 in the main but I am looking to cut a few discs to make Tournament choices easier...Maybe just move 3 putters down to the main...thanks for any help
I have a piece of foam to eat up space and it weighs nothing. I keep the foam in a big zip lock so it doesn’t degrade and end up in bits at the bottom of my bag. I stick it on the same side as my drink to help distribute weight.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:02 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Gorilla Boy sells some nice dividers that you might try. The foam is a good idea, too.

I used an old Nutsac (without the strap) as a means of partitioning my old Octothorpe. Weight was certainly an issue but it never bothered me.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:13 PM

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Does anyone put the insert in the main compartment? Does it fit? Sometime I don’t take a full load of discs out and I’m thinking the insert could take up space so the discs don’t slide around.