Old 04-27-2022, 01:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 706 Times in 420 Posts

Journal entry.

Last Sunday I shot a PR -5 at Carlton. Was crazy cuz I was +2 through the front nine, and went -7 through the back nine (missed 15 and 16). Backhand game was on point. Putting and FH, not as much, but putting easy when you are close.

Next day, my ankle injury flared up super hard, and now I can hardly walk… so that sucks. Hoping it gets better sooner rather than later.

Thinking I’ll continue with bagging the Proxy/Envy combo. They just so good.

I am continuing my distance driver quest. While I was sitting on my bum not being able to do anything, I bought a few Rives and another Enigma. Think I’ll use the two molds in tandem for the distance slots. Can bookend with an enforcer and/or beat trespass if needed.

But now I have too many distance drivers sitting around. Trespasses (galore), Enigmas, Wraiths, Zeus’, Rives (coming), defender, enforcers… humbug.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2022, 03:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Completely skipped over my last tourney a couple weekends ago. Cuz it was unremarkable. Another ratings drop imminent. Putting is hard.

Got out to Backwoods leagues tonight. Was ok. Three putter once early (on a shorter hole, ugh). Put a lot of drives to edge of circle. Wasn’t really able to capitalize. Lots of pars. Finished even, three birdies, one single and one double. Ended on hole 17, very wooded 300 footer, that I managed to park without hitting any trees. Started on 18, but Hole 1-18:

3, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3 = 54

Judges / Proxy / Envy / Zone
I was managing to hit metal on a lot of longer putts, just didn’t connect. Few Proxy drives.

Piwak / Old-Truth / ETruth x2 / Verdict
Hit an impressive upshot with the Piwak. Otherwise the Old-Truth and worn in ETruth were the workhorses. Tried a silly line with the LX Verdict that resulted in a bogey. Whoops.

Heat / Undertaker x2 / Fortress / Felon x2
Number of undertaker drives, mixed results. Couple felon shots, including a FH drive that felt good but clipped a tree late. I can’t remember the last time I threw the heat. I guess it’s nice to have, in case? Shrugs.

Enigma / Rive
There were a few Enigma shots. Disc was coming out clean, felt nice. Gotta get my arm speed back up. Hard with limited play. Gotta start working in a rive, eventually.

Last edited by jmdaire27; 05-27-2022 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Went up to Judson Mine longs on Friday. Nice but a bit breezy.

3, 2, 3, (4), 1, 3, 2, 3, 3, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 2 = 54 (-2)

Discs:

Judges
Proxy
Envy
Zone
Warrant (aced 5!)
Truth
ETruth
Verdict (not thrown)
Heat
Used-Undertaker
Newish-Undertaker
Fortress
Felon
LX-Felon (not thrown)
Used-Enigma (lost in the lake…)
Newish-Enigma
Rive

Niced: (1)
Old 07-29-2022, 09:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

Well, been a while. Two weeks ago I had a local tourney, at Carlton, a course I play regularly and play well at, and Spirit Mountain, which is more of a grueling hike then disc golf. I played very poorly at both courses. Was bummed about Carlton, and just wanted to go shower halfway through Spirit Mountain. Worst tourney I’ve played in probably 6 years. Hoping the round rating just are too bad to count, or else I am dropping a lot this next updated.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Anyway, yesterday was a wet league round at SMF. It rained hard right before league started, so it was slick and muddy.

I played decent. Shot par in the wet conditions. Few nice putts, slowed down drives. Put a towel down for my plant foot on the teepad which is something I don’t normally do, but I had a bad slip that resulted in a double bogey on the second hole. Shooting par was enough for the W, and I also snagged the 1 tag, so it was a good day of DG.

Likely going to play the iron range classic on Sunday. Really hoping I can just shoot well enough to balance out my last event, maybe salvage a 940 for the next update. Bag, of late and moving forward for now:

Judge/Judge/Judge/Reko/A2 - like to have two prime judges for putting, but also have a beat to hades prime for straight up shots and flippy putter shots, with a premium Reko and A2 for straight to fade and OS drives and upshots.

Warrant/Old-Truth/E-Truth/Verdict - can’t ditch the warrant, useful for when the FH isn’t feeling great, and great for touchy shots, the old-truth is the straight workhorse, with the E-truth and LX Verdict there for when a couple ticks in stability are required.

Heat/Undertaker/Undertaker/Felon/Felon - heat doesn’t see action, just have for when it’s needed. The Undertakers differ in wear, and get used a lot, and the felons are for FHs, ones lucid and the other LX, so they pair well together.

Fortress/Enigma/Enigma/Rive - fortress is mainly for long hyzers or flexes around the fairway driver distance, Enigmas are workhorses, differing in wear/stability, and the Rive is such a workable and comfortable OS distance driver that actually goes far still. I’m topping out around 400 on a good pull with the Enigmas these days, comfortable to 380ish, usually.

Last edited by jmdaire27; 07-29-2022 at 09:41 AM.