Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 07-04-2022, 02:01 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 386 Times in 236 Posts

I've been beating in a Fission Reactor for a little bit now, and boy is it really nice. The Reactor has to be the most comfortable midrange I've ever thrown. They're straight to fade out of the box, but this one is starting to finish straight, and it's amazing.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2022, 03:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 141 Times in 98 Posts

I tried a few slightly understable mids that held hyzer angles pretty well, but they really didn't handle any power. Picked up a Mako3 and it's been great so far. A surprising amount of HSS when put on a slight hyzer, and throw flat it drifts right (rhbh) and finishes straight. So far so good.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:26 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 1
Niced 61 Times in 30 Posts

The neutral mid is a slot that I rotate different molds in and out of my bag frequently. Mako3, Wombat3, Roc3 in Pro, Panther, Comet. Without question my favorite slot to throw. I don't get tired of a mold but I miss throwing them and put them in the bag so I can watch their pretty flights.

With that said the Mako3 gets the most bag time. It is wonderfully shapeable, forgiving, and has good glide. Also the Mako3 is a fantastic forehand disc for step-out turnovers.

Lately the Wombat3 has been getting some air time. One in champion and one in DX. They have more left to right play but I can still make them go straight. I can throw them softer than a Mako3 and get more D which is really fun.

Last edited by Neil_Rankin; 07-06-2022 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:56 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

It's the Buzzz SS for me all day! I kinda forgot about it for a little while when I was experimenting with the extremes (super OS and super US) but have come back to my senses and realize the neutral discs are much more controllable for me on most shots. We have an elevated tee, 394' par 3 with a left to right cross wind at my local course and I really like launching one of these backhand high left and watching it turnover slowly as it keeps pushing. I can stretch this shot to about 340-360.
Old 07-15-2022, 03:47 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 23 Times in 22 Posts

Claymore all day. It would be the last mid to leave the bag if I was only allowed a certain number of discs. Very comfortable and so versatile.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.1
Courses Played: 29
Niced 113 Times in 58 Posts

Envy. I would have said Buzzz back in the day, but the Envy goes almost as far and I trust it more. Proton for a little fade at the finish, beat Neutron or new Prism Plasma for a true neutral flight. I still have a Bell's Brewery stamped Buzzz I pull out on ace runs because I really want an ace on that particular disc, but if I really want to score the mids stay in the bag.

Niced: (3)
Old 07-19-2022, 12:39 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 22
Niced 104 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstopper View Post
Envy. I would have said Buzzz back in the day, but the Envy goes almost as far and I trust it more. Proton for a little fade at the finish, beat Neutron or new Prism Plasma for a true neutral flight. I still have a Bell's Brewery stamped Buzzz I pull out on ace runs because I really want an ace on that particular disc, but if I really want to score the mids stay in the bag.
Destroyer. Goes just as far as my mids.

Niced: (3)
Old 07-19-2022, 12:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 266
Niced 1,184 Times in 720 Posts

Z Buzzz for me. Actually, I prefer relatively fresh. I'm currently on vacation with a 3-disc vacation bag that is:
- fresh flat Z Buzzz
- mildly worn domier Z Buzzz
- Undertaker

Many of the other options are better "neutral" mids, but the Buzzz is what I chose because there's no better disc for me to forehand and also throw multiple backhand lines. This has been especially good because I've been playing in some open courses and some decent wind.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 13
Niced 3,079 Times in 1,395 Posts

Idk if I answered this earlier in the thread, but count me as another vote for the Axiom Hex. That thing is amazing.

Old 07-19-2022, 02:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 309
Niced 3,237 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Idk if I answered this earlier in the thread, but count me as another vote for the Axiom Hex. That thing is amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWookie View Post
Even though I haven't had a ton of time with it (as it's newish to me), the Axiom Hex is already one of my favorite Discs ever. . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by auzcar View Post
I'd vote Hex as well. . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgdriver View Post
For me, Hex. . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
For me, if we're saying true mid, it's the Hex, because workable to me means it can stay on hyzer, or stay on anhyzer. . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
My"do it all" is a hex. . . .
I'm gonna hafta buck the crowd and say . . . Hex.

But to be fair, if I could have figured out how to get a clean FH release on a Roc, I'd still be tossing Roc - Comet.