Old 06-30-2022, 12:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

I like the Toro (Tour Series) paired with a beat-in Exo Hard Tactic for my OS approach pair. The Tactic is a tad more straight than the Toro for backhand approaches.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2022, 12:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 14
Niced 141 Times in 98 Posts

There were a few comparisons in this thread, but I'm curious: how does the Toro compare to the other OS approach putters/mids that are already in the Innova line up? Thinking about the Gator, Caiman, Ax3, and Rhyno in particular. I've been throwing DX P&As with JK Aviars and have been loving it, but I'm definitely missing the OS approach slot (always trying different plastic, so I'm working on a new, all Innova bag). The Toro sounds great, but a little too beefy for me.
Old 07-04-2022, 11:18 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 20
Niced 394 Times in 182 Posts

I was just out throwing star toros, luster ax3 and sparkle flx zone. I have thrown caiman in the past. toro is the beefiest, followed closely by the zone, then the ax3. The ax3 flight is different, and like a slower caiman. They fly straight, then gentle reliable fade, resist turning over. The toro wants to fade but thrown hard enough, especially fh, it will fly straight then fade pretty hard for a slow disc. It doesnt fade hard like a champ fb thrown slowly however. The toro is a great FH driving putter, shape flex lines well, very reliable fade. The zone is a slightly mellow version of this. I will snag champ and/or luster toro when it drops and i bet it dials up the OS a half notch.

after today, bh approach discs are a3, or ax3 depending, then if absolutely called for. FH approach disc and driving putter will be the toro. my main bh driving putter is the a3.

Last edited by gammaxgoblin; 07-04-2022 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2022, 07:12 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 17 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2avity View Post
I like the Toro (Tour Series) paired with a beat-in Exo Hard Tactic for my OS approach pair. The Tactic is a tad more straight than the Toro for backhand approaches.
This is exactly what I am bagging until Innova releases the Toro in a baseline plastic like Nexus.
Old 07-31-2022, 10:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Niced 188 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1discChallenge View Post
how does the Toro compare to the other OS approach putters/mids that are already in the Innova line up? Thinking about the Gator, Caiman, Ax3, and Rhyno in particular.
The TS glow champ one I got is definitely in the extra OS approach slot. Slower and more torque resistant than the ROG Champ Gator I've been using for a long time (basically a Gator3) and the Recon Mortar (basically a Champ Caiman). Closest other Innova molded is probably the RhynoX (the fresh DX ones were pretty OS), C-blend Infinite Ruin, or a domey Luster Champ Rhyno. AviarX3 and Rhyno are more useable stability in their normal plastics.

Quote:
Star Rat has been the straight complement for me and the Toro is close to the same feel but 2-3 ticks more OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboss302 View Post
Just got my Calvin Heimburg 2022 Tour Series Champion Color Glow Toro and wow does it feel great. I threw it forehand into a crazy headwind on anhyzer and it still fought out where as my MF gator just held the anhyzer. The Toro is so beefy its not even funny.
It is kinda funny to see how short of distance it goes on full rips though Kinda has a max range of ~250 ft for me.
Old 08-01-2022, 03:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,992 Times in 1,619 Posts

SO is this Calvin TORO close to DD Justice OS?
Old 08-01-2022, 11:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 10
Niced 68 Times in 50 Posts

Any comparison to the old run of flat glow Gators?
Old 08-03-2022, 10:17 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelinlucky View Post
This is exactly what I am bagging until Innova releases the Toro in a baseline plastic like Nexus.
Yup! I can’t wait for a DX, Nexus or (stiff) Pro run of Toros. And for that matter a run in Champion as well. Love this disc. Have 7 already (4 Star and 3 Color Glow)
Old 08-04-2022, 04:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 36
Niced 590 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Yup! I can’t wait for a DX, Nexus or (stiff) Pro run of Toros. And for that matter a run in Champion as well. Love this disc. Have 7 already (4 Star and 3 Color Glow)
Oh god, KC Pro Toros would be so perfect. It’s like what Zone lovers have been asking for for years.

Old 08-05-2022, 12:22 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
Oh god, KC Pro Toros would be so perfect. It’s like what Zone lovers have been asking for for years.
Beat to a little straight with the healthy finish to pair with the premium plastic, more OS ones. <drool>