Old 07-04-2022, 01:20 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 517 Times in 313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Lot´s of nerves in R4. .looks like both Ohn and Val lost momentum as they got the lead. . but i guess that having the lead in a mayor with only 9 to play WILL mess with your head
Val didn't have the lead, she was 1 stroke back, took a bogey to Haley's birdey and went 3 back. Then she clawed and nailed the 70 footer on 18 to put pressure back on Haley. Hole 18 is a fairly easy 3, so Haley did what she needed to do to seal the win.

All in all I found it to be a fun tourney to watch, very entertaining.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2022, 01:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 132
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,164 Times in 437 Posts

Quote:
I hope Eveliina or Innova can find someone to help her. . if its the mental side or just start over with a new putt. . it cant get worse so why not try something new.
Most of her misses looks the same, she misses to the right with alot of hyzer angle on the disc.
With the success she had in the 1st 2 rounds putting and even good success still in round 3, I would not think it is any form issue. I think if someone like Paul was willing to share some of his mental procedures/tricks it could help a lot. I think she looks back at past tournaments too much, instead of focusing on that last great putt she just made. Also, being able to really focus and block out the moment is a tremendous skill. Not sure how to teach it, but some have it, some don't. Man if someone could teach that, they would make some nice coin...So many videos and even packages on the physical side of throwing, but none I know of on the mental side. The advice you do see is pretty basic--just block it out, don't worry about it, stuff like that, but that is different than actually doing it when there could be thousands or tens of thousands (think sponsorship stuff) on the line.

I still think the reality is when one is nervous or stressed, the body's muscles physically react, and do not respond as they normally do. So something that relies so much on muscle memory, like putting, gets fouled up because you think you are doing the same thing, but the results are different.
Old 07-04-2022, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,992 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdawg10 View Post
Val didn't have the lead, she was 1 stroke back, took a bogey to Haley's birdey and went 3 back. Then she clawed and nailed the 70 footer on 18 to put pressure back on Haley. Hole 18 is a fairly easy 3, so Haley did what she needed to do to seal the win.

All in all I found it to be a fun tourney to watch, very entertaining.
Are you sure?
i might be wrong but i think that after the F9 King, Val and Ohn were all tied in the lead. . so Val was in the lead, but it was chared

Edit looked it up

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Skärmklipp.JPG (66.7 KB, 161 views)
Old 07-04-2022, 01:49 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 517 Times in 313 Posts

Quote:
Are you sure?
i might be wrong but i think that after the F9 King, Val and Ohn were all tied in the lead. . so Val was in the lead, but it was chared

Edit looked it up

Gotcha. Val was one hole ahead. I was just looking at the UDISC live scoreboard, but yes, at one point they were tied, with Val one hole ahead of King. When Haley birdied that hole, she pulled back in lead.
Old 07-04-2022, 02:15 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 413
Niced 10,157 Times in 3,934 Posts

I think Uli's advice is sound. Practice your stroke thousands of times. Get your routine down. Then, when the moment arises, you're mind is occupied with focusing on the routine, not the moment.

Stop.
Focus on a link.
Take a breath.
Throw through the link.

Keeping your mind out of the moment, at least for that moment, is key to not defeating yourself.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 07-04-2022 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-04-2022, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 257
Niced 7,274 Times in 4,185 Posts

Eveliina is my favorite to watch off the tee, but she doesn’t have good putting sequence or motion. I think she knows it’s not good mechanics and therefore can’t trust her putt.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-04-2022, 04:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 40
Niced 1,033 Times in 493 Posts

In long distance running, people refer to having "bonked". Basically, you run out of available blood sugar and all of a sudden, mid run, you are stuggling to keep pace.

Did anyone else think Maria Oliva basically bonked during the second half of round 3? She looked fatigued to me, all of a sudden. I'm not talking about blood sugar, so much as muscle fatigue. Her performance dropped precipitously, but it didn't really seem mental to me.

Given that disc golf is really the first athletic endeavor she has excelled at and really put time into, it wouldn't surprise me if a muscular endurance is something she needs to build. Can't help but think that getting into a regular lifting routine might see benefits. (see the discussions the group had with Holyn Handley during the practice round coverage).
Old 07-05-2022, 02:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,992 Times in 1,619 Posts

Oliva had played perfect up to that point, everything was working, she was in a "flow"

Then a bad tee shot, and a few bad scrambles and i think she started to think. . But it could be that as long as everything worked she was doing fine and once the bad breakes started she just started to feel fatigued.

I do feel for my game that i can get in a flow and everyting working great. . and then ONE bad shot and everything falls apart
Old 07-05-2022, 08:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 46
Niced 6,400 Times in 2,569 Posts

I'm getting old...every time I see Val in this thread, I keep thinking Val Doss is making a comeback. Nvm.

Niced: (2)

Old 07-05-2022, 08:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 92
Niced 2,471 Times in 1,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallows View Post
When Hannah McBeth and “The People’s Champ” Kona Panis are carding -3’s it’s hard to see Salonen’s final round +1 as anything more than an absolute choke job.
When Elver shows it's teeth it bites hard. It's a very technically demanding course, and if your drives are off it puts *a lot* of pressure on your putting...so it was sort of a perfect storm. I can shoot under 50 there long to blue on a perfect day, but way more often I'm close to 60 because of the reasons above. And that's not even at a major, just casual rounds.

If you're not on your game there, it's going to be a long and painful round.