Old 02-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 88 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Literally any other company - I think Innova is THE WORST for baseline - which is odd since they are the leaders in most other areas - but Trilogy has great baseline with 3 firmness choices, same with MVP and Prodigy being good as well. Discraft kinda sucks but theyre trying - Innova has been the worst without a doubt - their putters are slippery, warp, don't have good grip, break in the cold, slip out of chains - the only thing is when they are worn in nicely they are good for weather 55-75 degrees. and that's it. Too cold, they suck, too hot? they suck

Innova Baseline SUCKS! - Fight me!!!
All baseline warps... all stiff baseline breaks in super cold weather... all baseline can slip out of chains.

I’ll concede your point on grip. I like it (DX/KC Pro) but everyone has different tastes when it comes to texture and grip.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 354 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
Literally any other company - I think Innova is THE WORST for baseline - which is odd since they are the leaders in most other areas - but Trilogy has great baseline with 3 firmness choices, same with MVP and Prodigy being good as well. Discraft kinda sucks but theyre trying - Innova has been the worst without a doubt - their putters are slippery, warp, don't have good grip, break in the cold, slip out of chains - the only thing is when they are worn in nicely they are good for weather 55-75 degrees. and that's it. Too cold, they suck, too hot? they suck

I don't really have a strong opinion here , but I have a dislike of Innova in general ....so I like this guys take on this. So...if a true fight breaks out, I'm in his corner!

Old 02-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 664 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Electron soft is super durable. I have an Atom that has over 2 years on it in the bag and it's still a 8/10. It had over a year as my primary putter.

Electron Firm is also durable, but there can be a bit of rim warping on a solid hit. It can be straightened out though. All firm baselines warp on hard hits.

Notice I left out Electron Medium. If that is what you have experience with...yeah, I understand you not liking it. Waffle top city, baby! More useless than DX.
I personally don't think MVP electron is much better than DX or Pro D, it's just priced like it. Haven't tried soft E but putted with regular and firm E Atoms for over a year. I prefer Discraft JB plastic at a similar price point.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-12-2019, 01:55 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,530 Times in 1,189 Posts

Quote:

Okay, I'll fight you! Just kidding.

Seriously, I pretty much agree with you, but will add the caveat that it sometimes depends on the run of DX. The DX Thunderbirds that came out a while back were really, really nice; most who have experienced that mold and run are hoping for that material again. I have a DX Leopard3 and a D-line FD and a DX Roc3 that feel good and grip well. I also have several DX discs that feel waxy and are slick.

Most baselines are less durable than premium; that's one reason why they're baseline. So that should be expected, going in. It's also a reason I don't like throwing my putting putter.

IMHO, the Pro-D Challenger I bought was the worst baseline plastic I ever experienced. The Challenger was a good putter; Pro-D plastic was not. So I tried Dynamic Discs putters, and never left.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 43
Niced 34 Times in 16 Posts

I imagine that with Sexton as Team Captain, they wanted him throwing only Innova. So they're releasing their own version of the P2 with a weird name.

The Tour Series Aviar plastic is....odd. It's not really McPro or KC Pro. I'm hoping whatever this Innova announcement is some sort of better pro plastic.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Par Member

Niced 83 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:

trilogy baseline literally warps and changes after a few hits. I do not understand how people bag and throw these. I had a sinus (that i loved) that literally looked like it was thrown into a gator pond

Niced: (2)
Old 02-12-2019, 02:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 43
Niced 34 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaine View Post
trilogy baseline literally warps and changes after a few hits. I do not understand how people bag and throw these. I had a sinus (that i loved) that literally looked like it was thrown into a gator pond
I have a DX Aviar that's been in my bag for....uh. Idk. A long time. It's concave-ish now, but it's not warper and it still flies true.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Par Member

Niced 83 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinkecm View Post
I have a DX Aviar that's been in my bag for....uh. Idk. A long time. It's concave-ish now, but it's not warper and it still flies true.
exactly. Look at how long DX rocs last. Ive had a Nova ( i know its not DX) that has been in my bag for about 2 years and it only looks a little thrashed.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 434 Times in 336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaine View Post
hmm idk if that's old or what - but any Baseline Trilogy I have is in great shape and I use them every round (FYI I don't really care for trilogy discs in general but I enjoy the putters and baselines a lot)

Im no fanboy - but the BT, Classic, Zero HARDs have never warped on me after years - mediums, same, some flex but no bubbling or warping and the 1 soft I have, well, that CANT warp its too soft.
So idk, maybe that was the old sinus with oldschool base trilogy, but the new stuff, all the bursts I have are great shape and BEST grip for sure . but most DG plastics are getting to the point of being ALL good and very similar. so, its all fine.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 685 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:

but most DG plastics are getting to the point of being ALL good and very similar. so, its all fine.
I sooooooo disagree with that. 5 years ago when I started playing, the quality of plastics, across the board, was so much higher.

I play with as much Discraft as I do, simply as they have about the only good premium plastic left.