Old 02-27-2010, 05:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 114
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default 4 Disc Belt Pouch

I found this at my local big box hardware store(Menards) for $10. It is made by McGuire-Nicholas and is marketed as a "Two Pocket Drywall Pouch". They are constructed with heavy duty suede leather and will mount on any belt. It holds 3-4 discs firmly on your waist and has an extra little pocket on top.

I used it in my local Ice Bowl and received about 20 compliments on it throughout the day. I love not having to find somewhere to set down a bag while I throw. Also being able to holster your discs has it own cool factor. Has anyone ever tried a belt pouch like this? If you need more capacity I am sure you could wear one on each side for a total of 8 discs.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 05:39 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 828
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 25 Times in 14 Posts

How did the weight and bulk on your hip affect your throw? For me, even having full pockets tends to change my throw enough to notice, so I feel like that would throw me off. If it works for you though, cool idea and more power to you.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 114
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Only played with it in snow so far. I feel that I have done better on my snow rounds while wearing it then when I was lugging a bag around. I don't seem to need as many discs when the short tees are in play during the winter months. I will see what I think in the spring and try to report back my results.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 232
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I used to use something like that I picked up at a hardware store a well. Mine was a mesh though and came with a quick snap belt attached. And I think it had a metal ring to hold a claw hammer also. Glad someone else made the same discovery!

Honestly I don't think it had too much of an effect on my throw because the pocket just sits on your hip. I've told myself that I was going to try a 3-4 disc round again and pull that out of the garage...but I haven't yet. It's just so hard to leave all of the other wonderful discs at home. They might get lonely.

Last edited by Dude; 02-27-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 39
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would never be able to handle throwing with that on my belt. Mashnut said it right...Even if I have my phone in my pocket it throws me off. Great idea though, and I could see the convenience factor with it. And no more wet bag on the wet ground and snow!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 27
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

[QUOTE=Dude;281610 It's just so hard to leave all of the other wonderful discs at home. They might get lonely.[/QUOTE]

x2

I only ever use about 4 discs, but I gotta carry the whole gang, you never know when your gonna need that 'chicken-wing-scooby-roller' disc....

But that is a totally sweet bag. Just stitch and small marker disc pocket on the front with a cool patch and your made
Old 02-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 306
Niced 43 Times in 17 Posts

did you leave the tag on? I got a friend who doesn't remove price stickers from new discs, we call them "Minnie Pearls"

Anyhow, cool idea. I couldn't do it, my pockets have to be empty, and I prefer to not wear a belt, but great if it works for you. I like the way the material looks (with or without tag )
Old 02-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 43
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who says you gotta wear it on your side? If I was to wear one, I would have to wear it on the "small of my back".

I mean, even when I have my .45ACP holstered to my side (on a day at the gun-range, NOT THE DG COURSE!...unless I'm at Sugaw!) it gets a little heavy after only a few minutes; but when my gat is on the small of my back (in a hideaway holster) its like I cant even notice the weight: its totally supported.

I could see myself wearing one of those on the SOMB for a short round.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
How did the weight and bulk on your hip affect your throw? For me, even having full pockets tends to change my throw enough to notice, so I feel like that would throw me off. If it works for you though, cool idea and more power to you.
Same here. Gotta have my pockets empty.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 227
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I would feel uncomfortable with that leather manpurse looped through my wide leather belt, to much weight for my chicken legs. If you jump putted would they fall out? I would rather drag the bag w/twine.
great idea though and useful if its not bothersome