Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 562 Times in 203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthRocker View Post
Got me a humdinger coming up...

Headed to Jackson Park (Hendersonville; never been to this course but it rates pretty high and my buddies seem hell-bent for it) for a round tomorrow late-morning, then to Wicked Weed for a beer flight or three, and then...to the Orange Peel to see the mighty Clutch...My cup truly runneth over.

Friday, over to Richmond Hill, which I've played but they haven't. Then I think I might try to hit up one of the Hickory courses on the way back into CLT.

Then random dubs at Plantation Ruins on Sunday. If I'm livin' right, make a little cash...Need to hit the ace pool to get back some of that beer money, I reckon.

Good on ya! Post a report on Jackson Park please. If you haven't played Sawmills outside of Hickory it's well worth your time. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 174
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 504 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
Good on ya! Post a report on Jackson Park please. If you haven't played Sawmills outside of Hickory it's well worth your time. Enjoy!

Jackson park is not rated as high as Richmond Hill but I think it is a better course. Richmond Hill is solid but there are too many holes playing back and forth across the valley that it gets repetitive.

Jackson has a couple open holes, many wooded holes and some park park style holes. Variety being the spice of life, I prefer Jackson.

Niced: (1)
Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 44
Niced 290 Times in 129 Posts

Will do re: Jackson Park. Looks like a fun track - though all the pictures seem to have been snapped in the winter time. I can only imagine how pretty it is right now, and will be in the coming weeks.

I've been to Sawmills, and truly love it. I think you've convinced me...

Thank you, Mr. Dog!
Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 44
Niced 290 Times in 129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
Jackson park is not rated as high as Richmond Hill but I think it is a better course. Richmond Hill is solid but there are too many holes playing back and forth across the valley that it gets repetitive.

Jackson has a couple open holes, many wooded holes and some park park style holes. Variety being the spice of life, I prefer Jackson.
I felt the same way about Richmond Hill, in terms of the rim-to-rim shots, etc. But I did really dig it, and I know my friends will, too. We've all been wanting to take a trip like this for a long time, but it's hard to arrange, logistically, for us. In this case, it's really only happening because Clutch is in town. A man's gotta have his priorities...

Appreciate the input very much! We'll get to both of those courses, and I'll let you guys know which one was more popular among My Dudes.

Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 562 Times in 203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post

New Richmond Hill definitely isn't old Richmond Hill. Looking forward to catching Jackson next time I'm down that way.