#1  
Old 08-08-2021, 10:40 PM
DeanMoriarty's Avatar
DeanMoriarty DeanMoriarty is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 84
Niced 45 Times in 32 Posts
Default Thoughts on Resellers?

I've been having quite the difficult time finding certain plastics such as Really Freakin' Flexible with Gateway putters. I see one on eBay every once in awhile but they always end up costing like $40+ due to all the bidding. I've heard that a lot of disc companies production facilities are being ran by skeleton crews and they only release MAYBE 100 discs every so often. They get sent to the online retailers like 1010, Infinitediscs, etc but you got people who'll buy 10-20 discs at once then resell them on eBay for twice as much. I really wish the websites that sell discs would limit people to like 5 discs per week but I'm sure people would easily find a way around that. Just wondering what the DGC community thinks about this topic.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
  #2  
Old 08-08-2021, 10:51 PM
Hampstead's Avatar
Hampstead Hampstead is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spaceship Earth
Years Playing: 31.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,308
Niced 4,440 Times in 1,362 Posts
Default

Free market at work is all I have to say about this well worn topic.

  #3  
Old 08-09-2021, 12:22 AM
DeanMoriarty's Avatar
DeanMoriarty DeanMoriarty is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 84
Niced 45 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Free market at work is all I have to say about this well worn topic.
Yea I figured this was probably a heavily covered topic.

Hopefully someday the pandemic will come to a slow and the factories will be able to resume regular production. Is there a thread on hard to find plastics already?
  #4  
Old 08-09-2021, 01:18 AM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 3,764
Niced 1,968 Times in 1,269 Posts
Default

Well FWIW in Canada the two major sellers I buy from set limits like :1 so I have to buy from both of them.

But yeah it does seem like some people have an edge on buying em, a lot of those guys also buy straight from factory even to list em high.
  #5  
Old 08-09-2021, 05:58 AM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,656
Niced 1,393 Times in 704 Posts
Default

It’s risk/reward.

If the factory thought they could sell discs for $40 each, they would do that.

The resellers buy 10 at $20 each = $200. They have to sell 6 at $40 to profit.

Kind of sucks, but why are people paying $40 for a $20 disc?

“It’s the shoes!”

Niced: (1)
  #6  
Old 08-09-2021, 08:05 AM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace No More *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 355
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 12,588
Niced 7,594 Times in 3,077 Posts
Default

< Doing what he can to keep disc prices affordable, by not buying them.










*contemplates selling never thrown discs*
2020 Ledgestone Crystal Sparkle Buzz,
2020 Ledgestone McBeth Crystal Undertaker
2020 Ledgestone Big Z XL
ESP Zone
several Crystal Z Buzzes
First Run Vulture
Big Z Vulture

Niced: (1)
  #7  
Old 08-09-2021, 08:05 AM
gammaxgoblin's Avatar
gammaxgoblin gammaxgoblin is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 504
Niced 312 Times in 145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanMoriarty View Post
I've been having quite the difficult time finding certain plastics such as Really Freakin' Flexible with Gateway putters. I see one on eBay every once in awhile but they always end up costing like $40+ due to all the bidding. I've heard that a lot of disc companies production facilities are being ran by skeleton crews and they only release MAYBE 100 discs every so often. They get sent to the online retailers like 1010, Infinitediscs, etc but you got people who'll buy 10-20 discs at once then resell them on eBay for twice as much. I really wish the websites that sell discs would limit people to like 5 discs per week but I'm sure people would easily find a way around that. Just wondering what the DGC community thinks about this topic.
While it may be a well worn topic, I dont like it. The companies that put reasonable purchase limits are at least trying to look like they care about people. Other companies with 60 disc limits are making the statements that they dont care about their consumers as long as they make their money. Usual 'Merican stuff. Since we all know its the archer and not the arrow 99.9% it gives me a reason to think about which company I give any money to.

I wont pay resellers if they ask more than the company charges, thats my boundary.
  #8  
Old 08-09-2021, 08:14 AM
autocrosscrx autocrosscrx is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,271
Niced 1,368 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Stuff like investors buying up all the houses that hit the market is frustrating to me and is an important societal issue.

Disc golf discs? Don't care. I'll buy something else. Or throw what I got. Or try to fish discs out of a pond and throw the unclaimed ones. Or shoot basketball and mess with the car.

  #9  
Old 08-09-2021, 08:51 AM
Jukeshoe's Avatar
Jukeshoe Jukeshoe is offline
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 3rd Age of Aquarius
Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 281
Posts: 8,013
Niced 1,018 Times in 401 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
Stuff like investors buying up all the houses that hit the market is frustrating to me and is an important societal issue.

Disc golf discs? Don't care. I'll buy something else. Or throw what I got. Or try to fish discs out of a pond and throw the unclaimed ones. Or shoot basketball and mess with the car.
Think of the children, tho.

Niced: (1)
 

  #10  
Old 08-09-2021, 09:40 AM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,789
Niced 2,185 Times in 1,054 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
Think of the children, tho.
They can dig discs out of the lake like the rest of us.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My thoughts on the D4 TOURNEYPLAYER Discs 55 10-09-2013 08:24 AM
Thoughts... iacas Disc Dyeing 12 01-03-2013 03:12 PM
Any Thoughts? coopera Form Analysis/Critique 3 11-13-2012 10:09 PM
Thoughts on the XL? Mr. America Discs 28 01-19-2012 12:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.