#1  
Old 06-29-2020, 11:27 PM
DGJW DGJW is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Question regarding MVP Beaker

Hey there,

I am torn between the MVP Beaker and the Athletico Disc Golf Bag. Any suggestions or advice?

For those owning the Beaker: is it possible to pack the discs into the bag in a way that they are "flat" on one's body? (compare beaker vs athletico pictures e.g. on Amazon and how the discs are stacked in each - I prefer the way it is shown in the athletico bag, and wonder if this could be done with the beaker, too)


Thank y'all!
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2020, 11:38 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,322
Niced 1,054 Times in 874 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGJW View Post
Hey there,

I am torn between the MVP Beaker and the Athletico Disc Golf Bag. Any suggestions or advice?

For those owning the Beaker: is it possible to pack the discs into the bag in a way that they are "flat" on one's body? (compare beaker vs athletico pictures e.g. on Amazon and how the discs are stacked in each - I prefer the way it is shown in the athletico bag, and wonder if this could be done with the beaker, too)


Thank y'all!
The Most beefy bag in that style that can handle quad style straps is the modern made after 2010 Discraft Tournament pack, and has a big bottle holder even on the newer ones, just not padded like old. The newer ones also are a slick woven nylon of same strength as the old 2000's just smooth to avoid stuff sticking to the bag as much. The only flaw is the zipper on the back side but I guess one could just use that pocket for only padding by adding stuff inside that to make bag more comfortable. The bottom with the vinyl material on it is beyond durable and will more then likely outlast the bag. Also bag will hold about 17 discs inside main pouch if you go back to front/front to back instead of sideways.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-29-2020, 11:48 PM
DGJW DGJW is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks so much for your quick response!
I assume all the information was regarding the Beaker. That sounds very promising.
Could you elaborate on fitting discs this way? https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2020, 01:31 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,322
Niced 1,054 Times in 874 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGJW View Post
Thanks so much for your quick response!
I assume all the information was regarding the Beaker. That sounds very promising.
Could you elaborate on fitting discs this way? https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks again!
I would not recommend that bag, so many in mid 2000's on up who got that bag were having if fail way sooner then other bags including the The Throwback sports one. If holds very few disc that bag like about 12 at most from those who used it in 2000's. The only flaw of the throwback sports bag is that the bag is heavy for its size having picked up an empty one after the guy showed the bag was bad for the size in the middle of a tournament.

The Discraft one or something close to that style the box with side pocket is going to hold more discs if you go the front to back rather then the way Discraft shows and an oop Innova model showed. However MVP breaker is the exception, that bag is made to fit the discs better sideways the left to right or right to left. MVP comes with the name reputation as well as if you get the right model, most of the older model come with the quad straps and buying a single strap for the bag is fairly easy to do.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2020, 01:38 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,322
Niced 1,054 Times in 874 Posts
Default

The athletico bag it bends in on itself so the bag is less sturdy then other models of the same style. This is why the bag tends to fail sooner then other bags.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-30-2020, 02:14 AM
DGJW DGJW is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do I understand you correctly that you'd recommend the Beaker then over the Athletico and generally consider it a really good bag?
And is it possible to fit the discs in the bag in a way that they are "flat" towards one's body in the Beaker? (organized in a way as shown in the image depicting the athletico bag?)
Reply With Quote
 

  #7  
Old 06-30-2020, 03:16 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,322
Niced 1,054 Times in 874 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGJW View Post
Do I understand you correctly that you'd recommend the Beaker then over the Athletico and generally consider it a really good bag?
And is it possible to fit the discs in the bag in a way that they are "flat" towards one's body in the Beaker? (organized in a way as shown in the image depicting the athletico bag?)
I have seen both, the Athletico bag was not great and the Breaker was sturdier, however if the Modern Discraft Tournament bag is not oop get that, and if not and willing to wait a bit, pay for that bag as at $29-$40 USA the bag will pay for itself over time, mine a generation 2 with the modern logo lasted right at 10 years before I needed something more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Weight Distribution Question jjmiller Discs 9 06-05-2018 11:19 AM
MVP AXIOM FOREHAND DRIVER QUESTION deyo7 Discs 11 10-06-2016 05:00 PM
MVP Beaker for Double Nutsac (1.0) Mulligan The Marketplace 2 03-20-2016 07:01 PM
Question for MVP Throwers Zerim Discs 27 06-25-2013 04:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.