Old 06-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

at hole 18 at jack brooks #1 new players learn not to practice putting on that basket or at least what four means .
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 107
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega SuperSloth View Post
at hole 18 at jack brooks #1 new players learn not to practice putting on that basket or at least what four means .
I'm pretty sure there have been quite a few dudes who have had their heads cracked on that hole.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 59
Niced 9 Times in 4 Posts

Most players are not going to get anywhere near the basket on the first shot on that hole. You can clearly see disc being played on that hole, and you just get out of the way. The problem is where that basket is located, it looks just like a practice basket.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 68
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

The other day we were playing doubles with 5 dollar buy in, I got paired up with a guy I know and have played with a few times. The only problem is he is loud and obnoxious, he is nice enough, but throws off my game. I was about to tee off, with another group teeing off in the other direction. They were waiting for us and he just kept getting louder and louder while talking to the other group. I threw and biffed it into a tree halfway down the fairway. The group in summed up terms said, "dude he was throwing, why are you being so loud, and to your own partner". So when he was about to throw I said something similar to "Yea, like if I just SCREAMED *&#@ RIGHT NOW AS HE'S THROWING".

You might not be able to do that to a group you don't know, but he hit a tree and he didn't do it to me anymore that game. Unfortunately he thought it was the funniest thing he'd seen all day and about fell on the ground laughing. Oh well, a bad disc golf round with an obnoxious player and I was out 5 bucks. Just keep on truckin'
Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ran into more a-holes today. This time, had a group of younger guys waiting to throw on hole 1. I toss my first drive, and drop my bag off by the pro tee for 2, then walk over to toss my putt in. Not two seconds later, I hear "SMACK" and one of them had driven literally while I was next to the hole.

Now, keep in mind this is a 175 foot hole, and they could totally see me. I lost it. I yelled "Hey, could you at least wait for me to get out of the way before throwing?" Damn kid just looked at me like I was growing a horn or something. What is it about high school kids that make them so stupid?

Oh well, most of the other youngin's out there today were very cool.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting, I had a similar experience on a course a couple of days ago. I was standing at the first tee and a guy was doing a little safari from the first basket to the practice basket next to the first tee. He threw several discs and one of them almost hit me. He then walked up and said hello like nothing was the matter. He could see me the whole time and didn't even apologize. I wasn't too upset but it was a little rude.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

One time I was meeting a couple of buddies at the local course and they brought some of their friends from out of town with them who didn't really play disc golf before which was fine with me. So we had a group of 7 or 8 and things were going by pretty slow and by the time we got to the last hole I was up a couple of strokes from everyone and ready to leave cuz their friends from turned out to be a$$holes and when I was teeing off on the last hole one of the guys (out of towners) decided to yell in a high pitched voice right in my x-step, and I ended up throwing my drive way off course. So when it was his turn to tee off right before he threw my buddy thought it would be a good idea to yell right before he threw. He ended up shanking it, to no big surprise, and threw a lil B*tch fit. I thought it was quite amusing, but I wasn't gunna yell in his backswing. I was glad my friend did though lol
Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaDiscHead View Post
I kicked one of their discs under a pile of leaves.
doesn't that make you the very thing your complaining about........a-holes are like other people's opinions......better ignored.......
Old 06-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eh, it slowed them down some, and I did kick it closer to the basket lol.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaDiscHead View Post
I did kick it closer to the basket lol.
if it's closer to the basket feel free to come kick my disc anytime.....