Old 05-22-2018, 01:55 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 229 Times in 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj29274 View Post
Was Val's mother seriously the caddy? She DEFINITELY should have known better.

And, who dropped the dime? ?
I checked out the video on 26A where Leslie was going radioactive and I noticed 2 things. First, the beer Sharon was carrying didn't appear empty and second, the beer looked to be a Founders All-Day IPA (one of my favorites).

Tertiarily (not a word, but it should be), I believe that you can also see Shawn Sinclair in the video. He was at the tourney as a pdga liaison and possibly a course Marshall too. He may have made the call.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2018, 01:58 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,112 Times in 746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I don't get why this is such a big deal. I mean it really sucks for Val and I feel bad about how it is, but rules are rules. If this happened to most other players in the field nobody would care.

Rules say no alcohol, play was happening under somewhat of a spotlight, rules were enforced.
Spotlight? Eh this has been bigger news vs the entire event. I don't even know who won lol.

TD made it a big deal. No one outside of a few attending would have even known about this beer-gate18 BS.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 71
Niced 112 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
First, I had to look up Paladin, and second, you have got to be kidding me. That's an arcane joke of great merit if ever I read one. You score best joke and follow up of the day for me.

BTW - since there is a modern Paladin, you might want to look up the original usage, that's what made the joke for me.
It works on so many levels. Glad I could bring some whimsy. Kudos to Zenbot for the follow-up
Old 05-22-2018, 02:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tomahawk View Post
I checked out the video on 26A where Leslie was going radioactive and I noticed 2 things. First, the beer Sharon was carrying didn't appear empty and second, the beer looked to be a Founders All-Day IPA (one of my favorites).

Tertiarily (not a word, but it should be), I believe that you can also see Shawn Sinclair in the video. He was at the tourney as a pdga liaison and possibly a course Marshall too. He may have made the call.
It isn't right that I looked at the vid three times and couldn't figure out what that can was and you nailed it first try. Clearly, I need to expand my liquid repertoire.

If it's Tertiarily, then wouldn't it be primusarily, and secundusarily?

Niced: (1)
Old 05-22-2018, 02:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 106
Niced 102 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcσn View Post
You do know this message board is for disc golfers, right?
Then he's talking to the right crowd, eh?

Niced: (1)
Old 05-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 349
Niced 13 Times in 5 Posts

Great job by the TD and the PDGA to enforce. The top pros have been calling for this game to progress on the professional side.

Niced: (3)
Old 05-22-2018, 02:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,626 Times in 2,435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
The rule at Dela applies to the majority of the parks I've been in. Rent a pavilion - drink beer @ the pavilion. But how it is enforced varies greatly. From Rangers hiding in bushes to hand out citations to completely ignoring drunk idiots dragging coolers of beer. Just pointing that out.

Your point stands though - park officials seeing disc golfers in a positive light is essential, but damn do we have our work to do on that one.
IME, parks can be drastically different on how they enforce rules. There are parks around here that I have never seen any kind of security at. Others have rangers which are glorified security. A county park district here has rangers that are a certified police force. Then there are the local parks which the local cops patrol. All have varying degrees of enforcement. The county park rangers take their jobs pretty seriously. I used to work at one of the park golf courses and saw them ticket people on several occasions, they have a district wide ban on bringing in alcohol unless you have rented a shelter. But they also sell alcohol at the golf courses and some recreational areas. So that may be why they enforce that rule more than others, it effects their bottom line...
Old 05-22-2018, 02:18 PM

Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 18
Niced 29 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tomahawk View Post
Funny, someone on Reddit thought the exact opposite and said that she carries it as though it is empty.

I personally feel people carry cans however they damn please and it could be either, but I know I hold cans like that while I walk when they have beer in them still...
Old 05-22-2018, 02:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Spotlight? Eh this has been bigger news vs the entire event. I don't even know who won lol.

TD made it a big deal. No one outside of a few attending would have even known about this beer-gate18 BS.
I was meaning the play itself was under somewhat of a spotlight as it was lead card of a big tournament and being filmed.

Now this after the fact stuff I'd say it's under a spotlight and some people want to take it under the microscope...

Old 05-22-2018, 02:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 194
Niced 146 Times in 83 Posts

Just a thought.....

Would anybody park in a spot that had a big sign on it that read..."No parking violaters MAY be towed"?

Niced: (3)
Closed Thread