Old 08-22-2018, 01:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,347 Times in 778 Posts

Discs almost always beat in more understable. My Glo-Swirl ESP MJ Comet is beating into a slightly overstable disc. Weird but true.

I thought I was imaging it at first until I bought a backup at the same weight....nope, it really is.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 08-22-2018, 02:06 PM

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Discs almost always beat in more understable. My Glo-Swirl ESP MJ Comet is beating into a slightly overstable disc. Weird but true.

I thought I was imaging it at first until I bought a backup at the same weight....nope, it really is.

I have the same experience with K1 Kastaplast Falk. I had 3 og them, and all of them got more stable (or ratter less understable) with some use (they barely get visible wear, the K1 plastic is really durable.

I also suspected I was just imagining it, and in a Kastaplast Facebook group many claim that this phenomenon (I am not the only one to report this) is just due to people learning to throw it better.

But then I got a fourth Falk from my brother, and took it out for field practice with the three older ones. There’s no doubt - the newest is a lot more understable.

I guess some light use changes the shape of the Falk, making it less understable. Can’t think of any other explanation.

I have not seen the same in any other molds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)
Old 08-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,474 Times in 1,149 Posts

When a disc has become straight, it's important to trade those into your local play it again sports so that I can pick them up for pennies on the dollar.

Oh and be a dear and don't write your name all over the back in sharpie like a 4 year old. Thanks - Everyone

Old 08-22-2018, 02:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstrand View Post
I have the same experience with K1 Kastaplast Falk. I had 3 og them, and all of them got more stable (or ratter less understable) with some use (they barely get visible wear, the K1 plastic is really durable.

I also suspected I was just imagining it, and in a Kastaplast Facebook group many claim that this phenomenon (I am not the only one to report this) is just due to people learning to throw it better.

But then I got a fourth Falk from my brother, and took it out for field practice with the three older ones. There’s no doubt - the newest is a lot more understable.

I guess some light use changes the shape of the Falk, making it less understable. Can’t think of any other explanation.

I have not seen the same in any other molds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a glow K1 Falk and it seems to have done the same. It now flies like a Champ Valk. Again, I thought it was my imagination.

On the plus side, it has firmed up in the months since I bought it. At first it was too soft.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-22-2018, 02:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 558 Times in 360 Posts

Hey someone should come up with a machine to beat in a disc to just the right stability on demand - I'm too impatient to... oh I dunno, play the game /snooze

I'm thinking a decommissioned front loading dryer filled with hammers or something. Throw a fresh stack of Rocs in there, let it rip for longer or shorter depending, and make all the $$$ selling a fully actualized Roc cycle, ready to throw.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Hey someone should come up with a machine to beat in a disc to just the right stability on demand - I'm too impatient to... oh I dunno, play the game /snooze

I'm thinking a decommissioned front loading dryer filled with hammers or something. Throw a fresh stack of Rocs in there, let it rip for longer or shorter depending, and make all the $$$ selling a fully actualized Roc cycle, ready to throw.
It's called bead blasting.
https://www.doityourself.com/stry/bead-blasting-101

Closer to what you were suggesting is a tumbler using Cob media.

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 08-22-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:11 PM

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 4
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have read your answers, they are very interesting, I thank you. A greeting from Spain.