Old 09-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 470 Times in 337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurn View Post
My experience exactly. It seems to be a good disc to help eliminate nose up throws as well. They are very apparent when they happen.
However I seem to get more distance out of them that way. I think Terns are better than Shrykes for FHs, but the opposite may be true for BHs (the jury had a consensus, but has recently acquired more evidence which must be gome through first).
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2018, 10:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
Thanks!
I have a 167 star on the way, Im curious to see how it flies for me. Im hoping it will flip up for me a little easier without getting too touchy.
I just had a 167 *Tern show up at my house the other day. It's the dopest! Flip up and big glidey turn when thrown on hyzer more hyzer for straighter shots and flat for big ass turnovers. Bomber for sure.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-28-2018, 08:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
I just had a 167 *Tern show up at my house the other day. It's the dopest! Flip up and big glidey turn when thrown on hyzer more hyzer for straighter shots and flat for big ass turnovers. Bomber for sure.
Took this disc in the course for the first time last night After having only done field work with it. I must say I am nothing less than impressed, I was getting near 400' of distance with th I had boy. Also on my home course there's a few lines that just seen to require the Tern, or something like it. Great disc!

Niced: (2)
Old 12-05-2018, 02:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 470 Times in 337 Posts

I happen to have a lead on some E*Terns. I liked the pair of Stars I had, much more than the Champs I've tried, so what makes E*s special?
Old 12-05-2018, 10:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 879 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I happen to have a lead on some E*Terns. I liked the pair of Stars I had, much more than the Champs I've tried, so what makes E*s special?
I wish I knew. Maybe they are just like the hyrbid child of Champ and Star, both of which have their pluses. Mid to high 160s just bomb without burning for me.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 754 Times in 588 Posts

Latest Tern I threw was a shimmer? star. Metallic looking silver plastic. I'm not sure I love the plastic. It seems to ding easily and not be durable. The disc itself is outstanding. Very domey with a ton of glide. Perfect Tern flight. Pretty big high speed turn followed by a healthy fade. Huge S curve bomber. I rather enjoyed this disc. It reminded me of a Shryke.

Probably the best flying Tern I've thrown in years. Domier than most I've seen too.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 879 Times in 592 Posts

I'd love to know what the plastic was on the World's Star Terns. Those were the best ever. A few always available on eBay, but pretty pricey.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,299 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I wish I knew. Maybe they are just like the hyrbid child of Champ and Star, both of which have their pluses. Mid to high 160s just bomb without burning for me.
EStars are composed partially of recycled material. They tend to start out identically ot Stars (in feel and flight), then after some use they rather quickly (I'd even say "suddenly") break in, and my experience is that when they break in, they're just that much better. It IS hard to explain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Latest Tern I threw was a shimmer? star. Metallic looking silver plastic. I'm not sure I love the plastic. It seems to ding easily and not be durable. The disc itself is outstanding. Very domey with a ton of glide. Perfect Tern flight. Pretty big high speed turn followed by a healthy fade. Huge S curve bomber. I rather enjoyed this disc. It reminded me of a Shryke..
I'm not a fan of Shimmer Star. I got a Mystere to try out when the CFR Shmmer Stars was all that had been made. I did not like the feel of the plastic (a bit too close to GStar for my liking), and I did not like the flight of the Shimmer Star Mystere at all.

The Star Mysteres are vastly superior in feel and flight.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 29
Niced 45 Times in 38 Posts

I currently have 2 champ and 1 echostar Terns in my bag

the E* is domier than the champ and quite a bit less HSS

I would say the plastic is better for this time of year (grip / feel wise) if you are in northern climes

Old 12-05-2018, 04:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 754 Times in 588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
EStars are composed partially of recycled material. They tend to start out identically ot Stars (in feel and flight), then after some use they rather quickly (I'd even say "suddenly") break in, and my experience is that when they break in, they're just that much better. It IS hard to explain...

I'm not a fan of Shimmer Star. I got a Mystere to try out when the CFR Shmmer Stars was all that had been made. I did not like the feel of the plastic (a bit too close to GStar for my liking), and I did not like the flight of the Shimmer Star Mystere at all.

The Star Mysteres are vastly superior in feel and flight.

Well, I've thrown 2 shimmer star discs now. The Tern and Mystere. The plastic is only meh for me. It seems worse than regular star and gets beat up easily. The Tern flew very well, but the Mystere didn't. I agree that I liked the regular star Mystere more than the shimmer one. It seems like Innova did a knockoff of Discraft's ti plastic. The ti plastic is better quality though.