Old 02-22-2019, 05:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 790 Times in 428 Posts

TBH, the comedy videos just dont do it for me. Cant quite put my finger on what it is, but I guess, they are just not funny enough for me. Didnt really dig too deep though since I bailed out during the first few minutes for both, felt like I was waiting on the punchline that never came. :/
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 02-22-2019, 07:04 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Niced 231 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalhghnss View Post
Wanna know a secret? Both guys are Tyler. Dude's amazing.
No way! 8-O

Concerning commentary: I agree that Eagle was great and Barsby was great as well ... but changing commentary (partners) is even better than the best commentary pair.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 27.5
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 97 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Wanna know a secret? Both guys are Tyler. Dude's amazing.
That's impressive. How? "They" are talking over each other at times. Even Phil Hendrie couldn't do that!

Niced: (1)
Old 02-22-2019, 01:52 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 309 Times in 176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt B. View Post
That's impressive. How? "They" are talking over each other at times. Even Phil Hendrie couldn't do that!
Record one part at a time and then put them together...

Old 02-22-2019, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
TBH, the comedy videos just dont do it for me. Cant quite put my finger on what it is, but I guess, they are just not funny enough for me. Didnt really dig too deep though since I bailed out during the first few minutes for both, felt like I was waiting on the punchline that never came. :/
I see you're from Finland...for some reason North Americans find the Aussie/Kiwi style accent makes everything funnier, and it has that slight British style comedy to it but is more over the top. It's a bit more subtle or a long haul than a setup and joke situation, more of constantly funny and amusing.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Record one part at a time and then put them together...
Yeah technically it's easy but actually planning it out...which did he do first? Did he do one character all the way through and just "know" how much space to leave by running through the other character in his head before responding? Did he have to slice and timeshift some stuff after recording to get it to line up a bit better? He had to know all the topics and times for responses before even starting.

Just making it sound that natural when talking to himself and leaving the takes open for the next pass is very impressive. If he wasn't so good at it you'd notice something was "off" so easily.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 309 Times in 176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Yeah technically it's easy but actually planning it out...which did he do first? Did he do one character all the way through and just "know" how much space to leave by running through the other character in his head before responding? Did he have to slice and timeshift some stuff after recording to get it to line up a bit better? He had to know all the topics and times for responses before even starting.

Just making it sound that natural when talking to himself and leaving the takes open for the next pass is very impressive. If he wasn't so good at it you'd notice something was "off" so easily.
Don't get me wrong- it is impressive and I'm sure it took some work. But I'd guess he probably wrote some sort of script/outline(maybe not?), recorded one half, and then recorded the other half while listening to the first to help with the timing. I was simply responding with the most simple explanation for someone that I thought was under the impression that he spoke both parts simultaneously.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-25-2019, 09:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 27.5
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 97 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
Don't get me wrong- it is impressive and I'm sure it took some work. But I'd guess he probably wrote some sort of script/outline(maybe not?), recorded one half, and then recorded the other half while listening to the first to help with the timing. I was simply responding with the most simple explanation for someone that I thought was under the impression that he spoke both parts simultaneously.
Not under the impression that he's speaking in two overlapping voices simultaneously, unless you know something about his demonic posession, no.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:42 AM

Years Playing: 36.8
Courses Played: 70
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Of course! Feedback is crazy important, and has shaped how CCDG has evolved over the years. So thank you for sharing yours.

Totally agree on the having a pro on for commentary thing. You will see way more of that (almost exclusively) going forward. I've got Barsby for LVC, Seppo for Daniel Boe, Sexton for Canadian Nationals, and I'll figure out the rest as we go on. After Eagled killed it at WTO I would love to have him on as much as possible.
GREAT work at LVC. I think Barsby really hit his stride in round two, making him an elite-level color commentator at this point. Guessing you provide good guidance in order to get whoever your sidekick is "up to speed." Keep it up!

Old 02-26-2019, 10:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfleming1 View Post
GREAT work at LVC. I think Barsby really hit his stride in round two, making him an elite-level color commentator at this point. Guessing you provide good guidance in order to get whoever your sidekick is "up to speed." Keep it up!
I'm going to agree with this. Barsby's style really appeals to me. Good work as always Ian.

Niced: (2)