Old 03-31-2019, 07:09 PM

Niced 7 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurn View Post
Are stiff pro wraiths an east coast thing? All I ever see here is those floppy understable ones here in Minnesota.
Wallmart is where I find good ones
Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2019, 07:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 499 Times in 308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmiller View Post
This is a cool comparison thread. Also happens to align with my own recent curiosity. If anyone else finds it interesting, I took my calipers on a nerd mission to the local shop last weekend.

Wraiths have a rim width of .85”. So does the DD Hysteria, since it shares the Wraith’s rim. (The Dynamic Discs Trespass and Enforcer also measure .850”, fwiw...)

Surges have a rim width of ~.833”- same as the Thrasher, Punisher, and Machete.

CD3 has a rim width of ~.815”(I can’t remember if it was closer to .810” or .820” and didn’t write it down, but it was somewhere in the .81x” range). I don’t know what rim the CD3 borrows, but it’s the same width as an Orc.

I just thought all that was interesting because I had read that a CD3 used a Wraith rim, which it definitely doesn’t. Also thought it was interesting that a Punisher seems to just be a re-hashed Surge. I’m interested to see how a Kong compares.

Edit to add: For reference, Innova speed 9’s like the Firebird, Thunderbird, etc are around .750”, and a Destroyer measures in around .910ish.

I've recently been trying out both a Star Wraith and S-CD3. Had heard that they were nearly identical, with the Wraith just a tad more stable. Oddly, I've found the CD3 a little too small of a rim for me to grip with a traditional power grip, whereas the Wraith has no such problem. For reference, I only power grip distance drivers while throwing everything else with a hybrid grip where I basically just have my middle finger extended on the flight plate. So while I'd heard the discs should feel identical, my personal experience has been that the CD3 feels like a wide fairway driver while the Wraith feels like a thin distance driver. Now I know why, so kudos to you and your calipers!

Niced: (1)