#31  
Old 08-01-2019, 03:33 AM
Static Fiction Static Fiction is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 41
Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Hopefully, in 6mos or so I get back on here and post about how great the 350 plastic is performing and I've found a new friend. That will be right after I've secured a life-time supply of them . . .. fool me once, etc.
Thanks for the review of the MX3. Always great too hear how it compares to the classics. Got one on the way too see how it holds up against my 350g M2s.

Another note, Prodigy hasn't done a second run of the 350g M2s (that I'm aware of). They seem to do runs only to the popularity of the disc and plastic. My advice would be to stock up on them now if you really like them.

Side rant: This is my knock on Prodigy, thay they make great plastic, but it's only available every now and again. I went crazy and bought like 15 PA3s in 300 spectrum plastic when those dropped because I don't know if I'll ever see that plastic again.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-06-2019, 10:21 PM
paulw paulw is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 130
Posts: 561
Niced 109 Times in 44 Posts
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Got these in yesterday and got out to throw them today.

If you don't want to read back I bought the 350 plastic version of these hoping they can match discraft's x-plastic as far as "beat-in-ability". An x-wasp is a special disc that starts over-stable and then beats into a sweet straight disc and keeps this perfectness for a long time allowing the next x-wasp to begin the journey to perfection but I digress . . . sigh.

I took out 2 brand new kc rocs and 2 m-x-3's and threw them all a good 12-13 times on the course in various situations each just for comparisons sake.

I conclude that there's no way to tell the difference in feel or flight. I realize that Prodigy wonks may post how much better the m-x-3 is while the innova wonks may post the same about the kc rocs but I couldn't tell them apart. Well-done Prodigy. Discraft's wasp is the only other roc knock-off that I feel mimics the roc exactly. (go ahead and post the millimeter differences from the pdga approval spec's . . . . I don't care, I can't tell any of the three discs apart.)


Back to the M-X-3's . . . . an added bonus is I got all white ones and Prodigy's white is just like Gateway's pure white -- really really white and this is a plus. Really jumps out at you when you're looking for it in the grass/bushes. I don't do snow so this a good color for me. The stamp's cool while typical Prodigy blandness, it does work, especially the black. The rainbow ones are meh -- just not as "contrasty" and I realize that's just a personal preference.

Again -- this is Prodigy's KC roc -- Biscoe above posted that the 350 plastic is 10x type plastic and that's what they feel/fly like. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- I've thrown KC rocs through the years with great success just not as much success/fun as the x-wasps. There are x-comets and x-buzzz's aplenty . . . why no x-wasps . . . . ?

Hopefully, in 6mos or so I get back on here and post about how great the 350 plastic is performing and I've found a new friend. That will be right after I've secured a life-time supply of them . . .. fool me once, etc.
Updateó I know it hasnít been 6 months but the mx3 is kcroc-ing along.

KC rocs (not 8 times ...Iím not blaspheming...) will get to a sweet spot for me and then rapidly (less than 6mos) lose usefulness and flip too much.

The x-wasp Iím looking for has a year+ left in the tank.

Iím noticing that the mx3 is losing chunks of plastic. Donít misread this and think Iíve lost all hope ó the mx3 is a roc/wasp clone and flying great. I love it and recommend them.

Iím just worried itís losing more plastic to tree hits than discrafts x plastic does and thatís why the x beats 300g or kc.

Seems like a physics/material science thing ó just saying .😎🤣

Iíve only been throwing one mx3 but soon will be adding another to the bag as the first one is closing in on the x-wasp in the bag as far as stability....
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-07-2019, 08:52 AM
tylerc's Avatar
tylerc tylerc is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nc
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 74
Posts: 1,303
Niced 154 Times in 115 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
KC rocs (not 8 times ...Iím not blaspheming...) will get to a sweet spot for me and then rapidly (less than 6mos) lose usefulness and flip too much.
Ill take those rocs
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-24-2019, 06:55 PM
texasissouth's Avatar
texasissouth texasissouth is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Northern Virginia
Years Playing: 4.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 833
Niced 371 Times in 235 Posts
Default

One of the benefits of being the only person who throws Prodigy in an area where a bunch of people went to AM worlds means I can pick up their players pack MX-3s for cheap.
Hopefully I never lose my ol reliable pink M2 I've been throwing for 3 years with it staying in that sweet spot, but if I do a MX-3 with a new knocked off it will slide right in, great mold.

paulw, how have the 350gs been seasoning?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-20-2020, 02:06 PM
tennesseetailor tennesseetailor is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 127
Niced 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Updateó I know it hasnít been 6 months but the mx3 is kcroc-ing along.

KC rocs (not 8 times ...Iím not blaspheming...) will get to a sweet spot for me and then rapidly (less than 6mos) lose usefulness and flip too much.

The x-wasp Iím looking for has a year+ left in the tank.

Iím noticing that the mx3 is losing chunks of plastic. Donít misread this and think Iíve lost all hope ó the mx3 is a roc/wasp clone and flying great. I love it and recommend them.

Iím just worried itís losing more plastic to tree hits than discrafts x plastic does and thatís why the x beats 300g or kc.

Seems like a physics/material science thing ó just saying .😎🤣

Iíve only been throwing one mx3 but soon will be adding another to the bag as the first one is closing in on the x-wasp in the bag as far as stability....
Your updates really have me wanting to try an MX-3. How would you compare the stability versus a KC Roc when both discs are new? Specifically, I'm curious how the HSS compares. My gripe with Prodigy mids has always been they never seem to want to fight out of an anhyzer, even "beefy" M1s and M2s I've tried. Thrown flat or with hyzer they typically flew to their numbers, but with any amount of anhy it was very hit or miss across all the Prodigy mids I tried.
Reply With Quote
 

  #36  
Old 01-21-2020, 02:43 PM
texasissouth's Avatar
texasissouth texasissouth is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Northern Virginia
Years Playing: 4.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 833
Niced 371 Times in 235 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
Your updates really have me wanting to try an MX-3. How would you compare the stability versus a KC Roc when both discs are new? Specifically, I'm curious how the HSS compares. My gripe with Prodigy mids has always been they never seem to want to fight out of an anhyzer, even "beefy" M1s and M2s I've tried. Thrown flat or with hyzer they typically flew to their numbers, but with any amount of anhy it was very hit or miss across all the Prodigy mids I tried.
I went outside and tossed some mids to get a decent comparison of where I feel the fight is of a couple mids.

175 dx roc
175 400 M2 (My go to- three years old)
179 750 M2 (more stable than the beat counterpart)
180 400 MX3
178 400 M1 First Run
178 Forge Method

In Order of most to least fight I'd go

Method - gap - 400 M1 - 750 M2 - 400 MX3 - 400 M2 - Roc

I could get everything but the M1 and Method to hold an anny all the way to the ground on some throws, with the Roc having drastically the least fight out of it. M1 would fight out of most throws and the Method would fight out AND fade from most throws.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prodigy BP-3 Carson Windholz Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 7 07-27-2019 01:06 PM
New Prodigy D5 Qstick333 The Marketplace 1 09-09-2014 07:11 AM
Prodigy 500 series plastic and Prodigy team stamp putter collincarter_ The Marketplace 1 01-20-2014 10:49 AM
Prodigy Players' NON-Prodigy Discs In Their Bags tu-f-o Discs 56 01-08-2014 04:17 PM
Prodigy M4 Hyzerbomber The Marketplace 1 03-15-2013 07:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.