Old 01-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Par Member

Niced 134 Times in 87 Posts

All the new baskets are great. I would say veterans are the best for a course with a lot of casual play. Prodigy, Mach X and discraft chainstar pro are more professional targets that reward hard center putts. If money is an issue, take whichever of the aforementioned baskets you can get at price.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-06-2020, 12:27 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 896 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgeez View Post
Replacing 27 Mach 3 baskets, looking for you top 3 recommendations. Also does anyone know what the outside pole diameter is on the Disc Catcher Pro? DGA Mach 7 and Mach X pole will fit the existing sleeves.
If you want to save money this is an option, https://www.discstore.com/growthespo...hoCCygQAvD_BwE

I have yet to see one on a course though as these seemed to only come out in September of this year. https://www.pdga.com/technical-stand...port-permanent

Though it looks like it is a good lesser priced alternative to the higher visibility band style with more then one set of chains that only have the less obtrusive option in black.

The basket looks like a Discraft Chainstar Pro.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 01-06-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 86
Niced 337 Times in 182 Posts

Unless it's a gold-level course that is catering to pros, I think the Mach X, Prodigy, or Chainstar Pro are poor choices. They tend to spit out soft putts.

Best bang for your buck IMO is a powder-coated Mach 5. It's really hard to complain about a Mach 5, they are right in the middle as far as favoring hard/soft putts. They are bulletproof, and almost $100 cheaper than some of the new top-of-the-line options. The extra visibility of a Mach 7 or Discatcher Pro is nice with a little extra cost. There are 4 more chains in those baskets but in my experience, they catch very similarly to a Mach 5. I think really you're paying for the better visibility.

Niced: (1)

Old 01-07-2020, 11:05 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 896 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
Unless it's a gold-level course that is catering to pros, I think the Mach X, Prodigy, or Chainstar Pro are poor choices. They tend to spit out soft putts.

Best bang for your buck IMO is a powder-coated Mach 5. It's really hard to complain about a Mach 5, they are right in the middle as far as favoring hard/soft putts. They are bulletproof, and almost $100 cheaper than some of the new top-of-the-line options. The extra visibility of a Mach 7 or Discatcher Pro is nice with a little extra cost. There are 4 more chains in those baskets but in my experience, they catch very similarly to a Mach 5. I think really you're paying for the better visibility.
Yep Mach V is one of the better baskets, same with the modern 28 chain Discatcher Pro. Older Discatcher Pro tend to have every now and then a cut-through but that is a thing of the past.

Old original Chainstar permanent is a poor choice and not counting the fact the basket is an old height basket. it is due to how a disc will bounce out of those baskets cage even on an easy put if you are not using a nearly as stiff as legally possible putter. Even the old original Mach II is better then the Chainstar in terms of catching a disc in the cage.