Old 01-14-2020, 09:29 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 27 Times in 21 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Going to pick up a Coment and will just stick with the molds that I currently throw.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 01-14-2020, 10:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 75
Niced 313 Times in 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i recommend unless youre sponsored to only throw one companys discs that you dont only throw one companys discs

try out as many discs as you can from as many different manufacturers to get a great taste of what is out there

dont put yourself inside a box unless youre being paid to
Hmmmm 10-16$ per disc over 1000 diff moulds /plastics. Sure. Try as many as you can....OR...stick with one company and use the flight chart of said company to fine tune your lineup.

Sticking with one company is not just about being a homer. It can save you lots of time and money.

I respectfully disagree and enjoy the benefits of going with one company. I just went through a nightmare with mvp/axiom/steamline with 100s of dollars spent to chase a millimeter here or there.

Niced: (4)
Old 01-14-2020, 10:34 PM

Niced 27 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
Hmmmm 10-16$ per disc over 1000 diff moulds /plastics. Sure. Try as many as you can....OR...stick with one company and use the flight chart of said company to fine tune your lineup.

Sticking with one company is not just about being a homer. It can save you lots of time and money.

I respectfully disagree and enjoy the benefits of going with one company. I just went through a nightmare with mvp/axiom/steamline with 100s of dollars spent to chase a millimeter here or there.
It's not a waste if you have fun, but I agree that sticking to one company can be a money saver. Even then, though, you can run into wanting multiple of a single mold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200112_182246.jpg (149.0 KB, 36 views)
Old 01-14-2020, 11:04 PM
Par Member

Niced 44 Times in 32 Posts

It's a double edged sword really, I know you've all seen folks throw only innova and chase after a unicorn like CE plastic, tour series discs that shoot rainbows/unicorns out of them during flight and the almighty "perfect" destroyer.

All in all disc golf can be expensive if you let it (trust me, I've let it) but limiting yourself to one company can remove a lot of fantastic molds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 01-15-2020, 01:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 228 Times in 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i recommend unless youre sponsored to only throw one companys discs that you dont only throw one companys discs

try out as many discs as you can from as many different manufacturers to get a great taste of what is out there

dont put yourself inside a box unless youre being paid to
At the same time though, throwing one manufacturer will help put “training wheels” on him until he gets his form down, the last thing you want to do is buy 50 discs from 5 different manufacturers and never fully learn how to throw any of them.

Old 01-15-2020, 02:19 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 896 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeknuckle View Post
It's a double edged sword really, I know you've all seen folks throw only innova and chase after a unicorn like CE plastic, tour series discs that shoot rainbows/unicorns out of them during flight and the almighty "perfect" destroyer.

All in all disc golf can be expensive if you let it (trust me, I've let it) but limiting yourself to one company can remove a lot of fantastic molds.
I agree, but then again so can People who throw only Discraft spend a bit to get a mold that is no made for the time being or the in the case of plastic like the disc is no longer made in a plastic for that disc or in the case of Pro D, it changed in mid 2006 sometime and by early 2007 the old Pro D was sold off the store.

I have done this disc spending with a mold from Discraft, I throw mostly Discraft/1 DGA mold and Innova and a single Lightning #2 Upshot in Prostyle. I should have tried the Innova version of the Discraft mold that went oop as it is still made but the disc I really liked is gone now but near the end of selling off the last discs online I bought a bunch in the only two weight sets that work and have about 6 backup discs in the good weight sets and one not. I did the same with the Z Stalker as a mistake when all Discraft was doing was running out the old PFN models, getting 7-8 backup. Well looks like the Stalker is my forever replacement for the Discraft XL, Seeing how long Z plastic lasts. Discraft stopped the Z XL and my disc an old Elite Z XL needed replacing and ESP XL is long gone so when my ESP is ether Lost or worn out I will be using only the Stalker as my main fairway mold. I use the ESP XL for more windy days then what my Stalker can handle as well as wet weather/wet ground where the Z is not as great.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:20 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 27 Times in 21 Posts

I agree with the "training wheels" comment. I have no clue what a lot of discs are suppose to fly like and staying with one company would help me greatly. I have tried Innova, Discraft, MVP, DD and Prodigy so far. So far I have spent a bunch of money and still don't have a complete bag setup. I can tell you that Discraft has given me the most confidence off the tee and in the fairway. I also believe sticking with one company is going to help me at this point because I won't have to worry about overlapping discs. I have multiple disc right now that fill the same slot in my bag because I don't know what I need and what I don't. Figured going with a single company would help this situation out.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,710 Times in 962 Posts

In a way i envy people that "sticks to one brand" . . for me it´s allways that "hmm maybe that´s other brands disc is better than the one i have. . let´s try that"
And a few years in i own +300 disc . . and keep trying new ones evey week

But i DO like to try new disc and se how they fly for me, sometimes i think it´s MORE fun just to try new discs than it is to play "another round". . .but it´s super expensive
Old 01-15-2020, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,710 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Several other sites have preorders scheduled for the 17th.
All the discs came up on the Swedish webshop i use today, same price as a stock Luna

Old 01-15-2020, 11:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 223
Niced 2,187 Times in 1,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post

dont you have any friends that you can try their discs