#231  
Old 01-19-2020, 09:23 AM
Hampstead's Avatar
Hampstead Hampstead is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spaceship Earth
Years Playing: 29.8
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,494
Niced 2,027 Times in 662 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
More like you’re reaching, his response was legit and light years away from “going all in”. Did Brodie steal your girl or something? Jeez.

Possibly the weirdest flex I’ve seen in a while- like yeah this guy will NEVER be able to even partially grasp the X step as if it was some sacred dance only the chosen few are allowed to perform.

I don’t understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- DG isn’t your daughter and he’s not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this “he won’t succeed” when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn’t even teed off yet lol. News flash: he’s already winning just because his haters can’t seem to stop talking about him lol... It’s funny to watch.
It's winter. I'm bored. Get over yourself.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 01-19-2020, 09:30 AM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,358
Niced 228 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
It's winter. I'm bored. Get over yourself.
We can tell
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 01-19-2020, 11:25 AM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.9
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,129
Niced 1,213 Times in 475 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
More like you’re reaching, his response was legit and light years away from “going all in”. Did Brodie steal your girl or something? Jeez.

Possibly the weirdest flex I’ve seen in a while- like yeah this guy will NEVER be able to even partially grasp the X step as if it was some sacred dance only the chosen few are allowed to perform.

I don’t understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- DG isn’t your daughter and he’s not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this “he won’t succeed” when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn’t even teed off yet lol. News flash: he’s already winning just because his haters can’t seem to stop talking about him lol... It’s funny to watch.
I don’t understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- Brodie isn’t your daughter and he’s not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this “he will succeed” when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn’t even teed off yet lol. News flash: he’s already losing just because his fanbois can’t seem to stop talking about him lol... It’s funny to watch.

See how that works both ways?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 01-19-2020, 11:32 AM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.9
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,129
Niced 1,213 Times in 475 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouni View Post
You can't run and throw in Ultimate so I don't
see how he would be particularly prone to foot faulting.
When he throws from the fairway he must be sure to plant his foot in the proper way, something he does not have to consider while throwing playing any other sport.

This isn't difficult to understand, but like I said he'll never be called on it anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 01-19-2020, 11:44 AM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,813
Niced 1,972 Times in 789 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
When he throws from the fairway he must be sure to plant his foot in the proper way, something he does not have to consider while throwing playing any other sport.

This isn't difficult to understand, but like I said he'll never be called on it anyway.
Never? Ehhh I'm not so sure about that. Based on some comments I've been seeing on FB it kind of sounds like there might be some rather bitter pros out there who are jealous of him being able to jump right into a sponsorship before even throwing his first tourney. Kind of a, "I've worked hard for years to get where I am and he just shows up with a deal right away?" I'd be willing to bet he gets stroked more often than not.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 01-19-2020, 12:01 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 39.9
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,129
Niced 1,213 Times in 475 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Never? Ehhh I'm not so sure about that. Based on some comments I've been seeing on FB it kind of sounds like there might be some rather bitter pros out there who are jealous of him being able to jump right into a sponsorship before even throwing his first tourney. Kind of a, "I've worked hard for years to get where I am and he just shows up with a deal right away?" I'd be willing to bet he gets stroked more often than not.
They have a good point. You could be correct but I doubt we ever see it because I am not convinced he will be a 1000 rated player. I don't care who his coaches are this week.

In fact I'm willing to bet a disc he won't be rated 1000 this year at any time.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 01-19-2020, 12:01 PM
SaROCaM SaROCaM is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Courses Played: 38
Posts: 536
Niced 510 Times in 212 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Never? Ehhh I'm not so sure about that. Based on some comments I've been seeing on FB it kind of sounds like there might be some rather bitter pros out there who are jealous of him being able to jump right into a sponsorship before even throwing his first tourney. Kind of a, "I've worked hard for years to get where I am and he just shows up with a deal right away?" I'd be willing to bet he gets stroked more often than not.
Anyone with that attitude needs to refocus on their own efforts. They aren't really jealous that someone is getting rewarded for doing nothing; what they are really jealous of is that he has built a personal brand with a huge following as well as demonstrated disc skills that can transfer over. They should work on their own games (dg and brand-building) instead.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 01-19-2020, 12:14 PM
BeRReGoN BeRReGoN is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Montreal
Years Playing: 1.7
Posts: 117
Niced 62 Times in 39 Posts
Default

I have a competition in me. I want no-one else to succeed. I hate most people. - Daniel Plainview and many others.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 01-19-2020, 02:51 PM
davetherocketguy's Avatar
davetherocketguy davetherocketguy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Michigan
Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,813
Niced 1,972 Times in 789 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
Anyone with that attitude needs to refocus on their own efforts. They aren't really jealous that someone is getting rewarded for doing nothing; what they are really jealous of is that he has built a personal brand with a huge following as well as demonstrated disc skills that can transfer over. They should work on their own games (dg and brand-building) instead.
Could not possibly agree more - especially the bolded part.
Reply With Quote
 

  #240  
Old 01-19-2020, 02:59 PM
JuanA's Avatar
JuanA JuanA is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 394
Niced 288 Times in 168 Posts
Default

Has he announced his Grip sponsorship yet?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brodie Smith vs Paul vs Simon brutalbrutus General Disc Golf Chat 81 11-20-2019 11:23 PM
Brodie Smith on CBSSports feed Cgkdisc General Disc Golf Chat 7 09-04-2015 10:24 PM
Brodie Smith Trick Shots With Discs kw83028 General Disc Golf Chat 35 07-02-2013 02:04 AM
Avery and Brodie trick shots tripp General Disc Golf Chat 57 05-26-2012 10:59 PM
Brodie Smith gcr_russell General Disc Golf Chat 66 02-29-2012 03:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.