Old 01-19-2020, 09:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.8
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,027 Times in 662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
More like you’re reaching, his response was legit and light years away from “going all in”. Did Brodie steal your girl or something? Jeez.

Possibly the weirdest flex I’ve seen in a while- like yeah this guy will NEVER be able to even partially grasp the X step as if it was some sacred dance only the chosen few are allowed to perform.

I don’t understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- DG isn’t your daughter and he’s not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this “he won’t succeed” when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn’t even teed off yet lol. News flash: he’s already winning just because his haters can’t seem to stop talking about him lol... It’s funny to watch.
It's winter. I'm bored. Get over yourself.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-19-2020, 09:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 228 Times in 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
It's winter. I'm bored. Get over yourself.
We can tell
Old 01-19-2020, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.9
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,213 Times in 475 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
More like you’re reaching, his response was legit and light years away from “going all in”. Did Brodie steal your girl or something? Jeez.

Possibly the weirdest flex I’ve seen in a while- like yeah this guy will NEVER be able to even partially grasp the X step as if it was some sacred dance only the chosen few are allowed to perform.

I don’t understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- DG isn’t your daughter and he’s not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this “he won’t succeed” when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn’t even teed off yet lol. News flash: he’s already winning just because his haters can’t seem to stop talking about him lol... It’s funny to watch.
I don’t understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- Brodie isn’t your daughter and he’s not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this “he will succeed” when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn’t even teed off yet lol. News flash: he’s already losing just because his fanbois can’t seem to stop talking about him lol... It’s funny to watch.

See how that works both ways?

Old 01-19-2020, 11:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouni View Post
You can't run and throw in Ultimate so I don't
see how he would be particularly prone to foot faulting.
When he throws from the fairway he must be sure to plant his foot in the proper way, something he does not have to consider while throwing playing any other sport.

This isn't difficult to understand, but like I said he'll never be called on it anyway.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,972 Times in 789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
When he throws from the fairway he must be sure to plant his foot in the proper way, something he does not have to consider while throwing playing any other sport.

This isn't difficult to understand, but like I said he'll never be called on it anyway.
Never? Ehhh I'm not so sure about that. Based on some comments I've been seeing on FB it kind of sounds like there might be some rather bitter pros out there who are jealous of him being able to jump right into a sponsorship before even throwing his first tourney. Kind of a, "I've worked hard for years to get where I am and he just shows up with a deal right away?" I'd be willing to bet he gets stroked more often than not.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Never? Ehhh I'm not so sure about that. Based on some comments I've been seeing on FB it kind of sounds like there might be some rather bitter pros out there who are jealous of him being able to jump right into a sponsorship before even throwing his first tourney. Kind of a, "I've worked hard for years to get where I am and he just shows up with a deal right away?" I'd be willing to bet he gets stroked more often than not.
They have a good point. You could be correct but I doubt we ever see it because I am not convinced he will be a 1000 rated player. I don't care who his coaches are this week.

In fact I'm willing to bet a disc he won't be rated 1000 this year at any time.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:01 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 510 Times in 212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Anyone with that attitude needs to refocus on their own efforts. They aren't really jealous that someone is getting rewarded for doing nothing; what they are really jealous of is that he has built a personal brand with a huge following as well as demonstrated disc skills that can transfer over. They should work on their own games (dg and brand-building) instead.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Niced 62 Times in 39 Posts

I have a competition in me. I want no-one else to succeed. I hate most people. - Daniel Plainview and many others.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,972 Times in 789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
Anyone with that attitude needs to refocus on their own efforts. They aren't really jealous that someone is getting rewarded for doing nothing; what they are really jealous of is that he has built a personal brand with a huge following as well as demonstrated disc skills that can transfer over. They should work on their own games (dg and brand-building) instead.
Could not possibly agree more - especially the bolded part.

Old 01-19-2020, 02:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 62
Niced 288 Times in 168 Posts

Has he announced his Grip sponsorship yet?