Old 06-23-2017, 01:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 632 Times in 334 Posts
Default Brand loyalty question

Question for you guys that only bag one brand of discs. Why is it you carry that brand? What brought you to them in the first place? I dont want to start any kind of argument about brand x vs brand z or anything like that. Just more a curiosity thing.

For me, it was a combination of things. Im a toolmaker by trade (build injection molds) so supporting a company based in my region felt like i was kinda supporting my brothern. Also, these discs are made in a way that adds some difficulty to the moldmaking and molding processes and i find these to be made very very well. Im very picky about the tooling and such.

I also feel as tho there are plenty of quality american made discs to buy american made discs. Ones that are actually made here, not based here but actually made elsewhere with someone elses plastics.

Lastly, and most important, i freaking love the discs. Really clicked with all the ones ive got, and have been super impressed.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-23-2017, 01:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 135
Niced 1,000 Times in 531 Posts

What do you throw? MVP? DC?
Old 06-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 175
Niced 746 Times in 338 Posts

Been using primarily Innova for the past 11 years. I have tried pretty much every brand but I keep going back to Innova. The main reason I use them is because their plastic to me is hands down the best. They also offer a disc for every slot in my game and their discs dont beat up too quickly like some other brands. And now over the years I have back ups for everything so it would be kinda pointless for me to switch and go thru the whole process again.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by Horsman; 06-23-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 72
Niced 27 Times in 20 Posts

Loyalty is just that, loyalty. You only have loyalty when you have justified it to yourself, the reasons why you have the need or desire to be loyal.

There are people like you who have a reason to be loyal to a brand, and there are people whos reasons are less thought out or meaningful, but reasons all the same. Usually its a silly popularity thing, but some people just wanna support their friends, a local company or a product they believe in.

Fwiw, I dont carry a specific brand, I have a mixed bag. But i know other players who will change their bag setup based on the most recent eagle or PMB ITB vid. I think its lame, but whatevs
Old 06-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 7
Niced 632 Times in 334 Posts

That wasnt the point of the thread. More so the reasoning behind your decision.

But....MVP
Old 06-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver

Courses Played: 8
Niced 31 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
What do you throw? MVP? DC?
Good call! That was my guess as well
Old 06-23-2017, 02:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 83
Niced 132 Times in 55 Posts

The reason I throw mostly Discraft is because every Buzzz I get, flies like a Buzzz. I don't have to get some special "night time shift Buzzz" to find the the disc I like.

But I'll never not have a Firebird in my bag. There's something about that one disc that I'll always value. I currently carry three of them, and that's the least amount I've ever bagged. It just feels right.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

A different take. I look for discs that fit what I want. Innova covers most things but has some gaps for my game. Why Innova? Still the least expensive out there. I'm not that enamored with their plastic. I've not used the Pro plastics, but Champ and Star are pretty hard and inflexible. GStar is pretty good and my go to. As good as anything I've used. The Pro plastic feels similar to the Soft plastics I mention below but doesn't have the same grip, again for me. The one thing I've learned, rim structure and plastic is a very individual thing. I'd never tell anyone not to use the plastic and discs they like. But I would suggest that if the discs they're using don't feel right, there are tons of subtle options.

Buzz, Innova had no comparable disc for a long long long time.

Soft Harp and Spike. First, I like flat discs with a shallow rim. Their soft plastic is the best I've ever held (for me and my hands). Innova has no comparable disc or plastic that I've seen.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,256 Times in 589 Posts

I'm used to throwing Innova and Discraft.

I've tried other companies but have never found anything to replace the discs I've been throwing for years.

Plus I have tons of backups.

With that said, I do have a fun bag with other manufacturers that I take out from time to time.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 135
Niced 1,000 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
That wasnt the point of the thread. More so the reasoning behind your decision.

But....MVP
I know, I know. Just seemed odd to talk about the brand you throw and your reasons without ever actually mentioning it by name, but giving enough clues that it pretty much had to be MVP or DC.

I would say that I have brand loyalty, but to multiple brands for different reasons. Certainly not against throwing any disc bc of who makes it.

Niced: (2)