Old 08-09-2017, 11:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

FWIW Some of the spike-it type worm/lure dips are supposed to be able to turn the tip of a black soft plastic worm from black to pink/chartreuse/other bright color. I've not tried this on a dark disc, but I have used the chartreuse worm dye on a medium shade of blue neutron mvp disc. I was quite surprised to find that it did, indeed turn the blue plastic a much lighter bright green/nearly chartreuse color. I've also used the pink worm dip on a maroon/purple disc and it did lighten/brighten it some. Not sure what kind of results you'd get on a really dark disc but it would be worth a try. Then you could always follow up with the silver sharpie.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)

Old 08-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Par Member

Niced 47 Times in 31 Posts

Thanks a lot for the answers. I now drew as silver circle (1cm wide) near the outside of the disc. Wondering why I didn't come to that idea myself. ;-) I haven't thrown it into scrubs yet, but on the field it was easier to locate already. My situation improved, thus thank you!

The ``spike-it type worm/lure dips'' idea sounds interesting nonetheless. Could you provide more information? I haven't dyed a disc yet, just watched some tutorials. Also, I live in Germany, which makes it difficult for me to get some of those products you are used to. Often those brand names have no meaning for me. It helps a lot if you could provide links to products in online shops.