#1  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:55 PM
AutopilotOff AutopilotOff is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post
Default I got my first custom disc made! (pic inside)

http://i65.tinypic.com/29eouis.jpg

It uploaded sideways, but whatever. I love how the image won't come off with wear, nor does it effect how it throws. I'll be making more soon.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:06 PM
AutopilotOff AutopilotOff is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

https://ibb.co/eMuaT5 this is a better image upload. Sorry for the first one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Rocinfire Rocinfire is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 33
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

That looks pretty clean. Nice work.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-21-2017, 01:17 AM
CabMakio CabMakio is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Courses Played: 4
Posts: 56
Niced 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Looks good

How do you get a custom disc made?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 AM
AutopilotOff AutopilotOff is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabMakio View Post
Looks good

How do you get a custom disc made?
There's a shop in GA that makes them on any disc. They are called Disc Stalker. It's only $9 for any image you want.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2017, 11:57 AM
pjhayes7 pjhayes7 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Marietta, Ga
Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,068
Niced 93 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutopilotOff View Post
There's a shop in GA that makes them on any disc. They are called Disc Stalker. It's only $9 for any image you want.
Does the image have the same ultra slick feeling that the full color Innova ones do? I know Disc Stalker does that type for Innova and tons of tournaments. They look great, but if you have to grip on the image, good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-21-2017, 04:41 PM
AutopilotOff AutopilotOff is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Does the image have the same ultra slick feeling that the full color Innova ones do? I know Disc Stalker does that type for Innova and tons of tournaments. They look great, but if you have to grip on the image, good luck.
It does! There's no difference in feel between my custom disc and the ones I bought at stores. They do a really great job there.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:40 PM
pjhayes7 pjhayes7 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Marietta, Ga
Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,068
Niced 93 Times in 70 Posts
Default

I agree they look awesome. I would just want the image to be small enough to leave space around the outside of the flight plate to put your thumb. Looks like the one you got would only have a couple spots where that would be a problem, so mostly just fine to throw.
Reply With Quote
 

  #9  
Old 04-24-2017, 07:35 AM
SonicGuy SonicGuy is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,326
Niced 102 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
I agree they look awesome. I would just want the image to be small enough to leave space around the outside of the flight plate to put your thumb. Looks like the one you got would only have a couple spots where that would be a problem, so mostly just fine to throw.
Is it really that big of a difference? And if so, would it be legal to do a post production mod of a disc where a select portion of the flight plate had a different texture?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.