Old 10-10-2019, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 197
Niced 1,895 Times in 1,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Zombee back in my lineup! I've been trying to condense molds & put it aside a while back. I just can't hyzer-flip my Stalkers without getting that fade at the end. Zombees finish so mellow for me on a BH.

My fairway lineup is just going to have to stay crowded.
do you find the zombie to have too much turn
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2019, 11:40 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 758 Times in 649 Posts

Quote:
Zombee back in my lineup! I've been trying to condense molds & put it aside a while back. I just can't hyzer-flip my Stalkers without getting that fade at the end. Zombees finish so mellow for me on a BH.

My fairway lineup is just going to have to stay crowded.
I know what you mean with trying to hyzer-flip a Stalker, the mold does not do well in that situation. I have tried to do a Hyzer-Flip with a Stalker and found that the mold does not work for this. I am just going to have to keep Impact mold in my bag as well as all the back ups at in the two sets of weights the mold works at seeing the Impact is oop. I am going to have a crowed set of Fairway too using Impact, the Stalker both as more traditional fairway use, then the DX Dragon for a specificity disc, as well as an Archer for right shots and backhand roller.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 86
Niced 292 Times in 156 Posts

I have a couple Z Stalkers that I found pre-beat in PIAS used bins, they finish straight. Really straight. The fresh ones still have a left finish, especially the glows.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-11-2019, 12:03 AM
* Ace Member *

i used to cycle stalkers

then i lost my middle beat laser straight z one that took years to get in that slot on a shot with water directly behind pin and it was a 300ft ace run and i went straight past directly into the water

took too long to replace a z stalker beat to straight so shortly after i just changed molds all together

x stalkers would be great in bright colors

Niced: (2)
Old 10-11-2019, 12:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 515 Times in 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i used to cycle stalkers

then i lost my middle beat laser straight z one that took years to get in that slot on a shot with water directly behind pin and it was a 300ft ace run and i went straight past directly into the water

took too long to replace a z stalker beat to straight so shortly after i just changed molds all together

x stalkers would be great in bright colors
I don't find the Zombee to be flippy. I've got a Big Z & Z each at 177+. Both are stable & predictable. If I throw them each on a hard BH hyzer they hold the line with the most subtle of left finishes. I did have a pink Z a couple of years back that was flippy right away. I usually use my Zombees in the woods so I'm not using them to fight wind. I've got the Stalker & Teebird for that.

Yeah, Z Stalkers take so long to season. I think an ESP would be great but the Zombee is a really nice compliment for BH's. Every now & again I'll FH a Zombee from a standstill.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I don't find the Zombee to be flippy. I've got a Big Z & Z each at 177+. Both are stable & predictable. If I throw them each on a hard BH hyzer they hold the line with the most subtle of left finishes. I did have a pink Z a couple of years back that was flippy right away. I usually use my Zombees in the woods so I'm not using them to fight wind. I've got the Stalker & Teebird for that.

Yeah, Z Stalkers take so long to season. I think an ESP would be great but the Zombee is a really nice compliment for BH's. Every now & again I'll FH a Zombee from a standstill.
fair enough
Old 10-14-2019, 12:40 PM
Par Member

Niced 43 Times in 21 Posts

I've experimented with a Ti Roach vs. Crystal Luna as my approach throwing putter, and for my slow arm speed, they definitely fly different enough that it will be a situation-based choice for this slot in my bag, with the Ti Roach being the primary, and the Luna the open course, windy choice. I definitely see why the Luna though is being sought after with faster arm speeds!
Old 10-15-2019, 06:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 528 Times in 337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Cryztal comes in colors other than clear.
Good thing too, I lost all my clear discs before I ever got a chance to throw them. Just placed them on a table and darned if they just go invisible.

I suspect they are still kicking around the house somewhere.

Seriously though, it's not like a clear CryZtal disc is invisible - no worse than green or black.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:41 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 758 Times in 649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Good thing too, I lost all my clear discs before I ever got a chance to throw them. Just placed them on a table and darned if they just go invisible.

I suspect they are still kicking around the house somewhere.

Seriously though, it's not like a clear CryZtal disc is invisible - no worse than green or black.
No it is clear Z that needed to go oop as that was a dumb color and not even cloudy like CryZtal due to the other stuff added to the plastic. Z was worse then most other plastics and caused some brands like Latitude 64 to make a fully clear plastic. Green can be a light spring green that stands out more.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:17 PM

Years Playing: 0.1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Do a lot of you play Discraft primarily? Just started a few months ago and I'm playing a mix of things. I usually reach for Discraft discs because they seem to perform the best for me.