Old 05-13-2018, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crater77 View Post
My sig series swirl esp vulture and z vulture showed up today. The swirl looks great and has some done. I’m thinking this will bomb like my big z versions. The z is really flat. Thinking this will be very over stable and a great flick disc. Can’t wait to throw these!
Some profile pics please
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2018, 06:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 139 Times in 89 Posts

Got out this weekend and played a ton. First time in a while I have been able to get in more than one round on the weekend. Played about 100 holes and really got to work with the Vulture. Keep in mind that all my Vultures are Big Z.

The more I threw these, the more I liked them for what they were, rather than what I wanted them to be. I initially thought, after a few throws, these would be something like a 9 speed 0HSS 2.5LSS. Good for hard hyzers or big flex shots. The more I played with them the more I began to see the numbers as speed 9, -0.5HSS and 2LSS. These discs didn't care for the flex shot as much as I thought they would. They held the pan too long before coming out. Where they really did excel was a straight hyzer that fades at the end. Not a big swinging hyzer, but a straight laser hyzer, that fades out very predictably.

Once I figured this out, started crushing shots that use to be reserved for teebird only shots. Added about 20' of distance compared to the teebird.

Punisher and Vulture are the best discs Discraft has come out with in a very long time. Excited to see how the vulture flies in regular Z.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Can anybody give me a flight comparison between Big Z, Regular Z, TI, and ESP Vultures?
Old 05-23-2018, 09:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,144 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
Can anybody give me a flight comparison between Big Z, Regular Z, TI, and ESP Vultures?
Out of the box, the big z and AT Swirl Glow ESP fly pretty similar and have an almost identical shape/hand feel. Haven't got my hands on a Z or Ti yet.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 31 Times in 21 Posts

Has anyone thrown a TI Vulture yet? I just got a ESP and it flies great but I'd like to have a slightly more stable version of it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2018, 04:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

I throw a Big Z Vulture and have one AT Swirl Glow ESP and one Ti in the mail today... will be throwing all three tomorrow . . . have big hopes for the Ti
Old 06-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 200 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHarambe View Post
Has anyone thrown a TI Vulture yet? I just got a ESP and it flies great but I'd like to have a slightly more stable version of it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Get a P-Line Tsunami. No kidding.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 308 Times in 176 Posts

Been throwing a 172(?) Big Z Vulture a lot over the last month or so. Here's my take:

The rim is very comfy for backhand AND forehand. Couldn't forehand the Predator worth a darn with that lip. The rim is also, like the Undertaker, in between Innova speed 7 discs and speed 9 discs. Also, for that matter, the Vulture is absolutely wider-rimmed than the Undertaker. Undertaker is closer to Innova speed 7 discs(but still wider) and Vulture is closer to the 9's.

For my weak(especially currently) backhand, it flies about like a longer, slightly more stable TL. More stability is probably mostly due to the slightly wider rim. I'd also say that the Undertaker flies about like a slightly longer/more stable TL for me. Again, slightly wider rim. The Vulture just takes it another step past the Undertaker. The next step up for me in this ladder would be a beat SPD. I personally like the Vulture because some days I just don't have the arm for even a beat SPD, but wouldn't trust a TL in a headwind. For reference, my best days send a PD out 375'-385' or so, while other days(like yesterday) I struggle to get 325'.

I've been playing a lot lately, and my forehand is probably the cleanest it's been since my first summer playing. So I feel like I can give a good comparison here. Yesterday I parked a basket marked 326'(I think) with a beat MF Teebird3 on a hyzer. Also blew significantly past a basket marked at (I think)289' with a Champ Leo3. I'd put the stability of both the Undertaker and the Vulture somewhere in between. Again, TLish. The Teebird3 rode the hyzer the whole way. The Leo3 flipped up and went straight until it ran into a hill. Both the Undertaker and the Vulture need some hyzer to flip up and ride into a smooooth fade.

I think the beauty of both the Undertaker and the Vulture lies in having something more stable than a TL, but not the meathook that a Teebird can be for lots of us, while offering a little more distance than both of those two AND being easier to get up to speed than a Thunderbird/PD. While the Undertaker or Vulture are both "ok" forehand discs for me, both are currently right in my "ideal" backhand range- at least until those days of 375'+ with a PD become more common...
Old 06-18-2018, 08:21 PM
* Ace Member *

So the vulture most definitely kicks ass. It was my primary driver all weekend in a big tourney, and my disc of choice for fh approaches.

For drives it was long, straight, and always faded the way I wanted it too. Threw a 450' bomb with it on one of ball golf courses we played.

For approaches, it was like throwing darts. Any 150-70' were money. Every throw looked and felt like it was in the basket. None were, but my longest putt after was 12 feet, so I'm cool with that.

Paired with a punisher, for most overstable shots, and cranks, for understable shots, ended up playing 3 rounds above my rating, finishing the highest I've ever finished, and took 0 obs!

Definitely sold. It simplified my bag and my game. Discraft did what no other brand has been able to do for me.

Niced: (2)

Old 06-19-2018, 08:45 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 216 Times in 104 Posts

So I threw a Vulture a few times this past weekend. This seems to be Discraft's Thunderbird. I won't switch to these because I prefer the super grippy JL Champion plastic but I can see how people are excited.

Niced: (1)