Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Severely puddled wraith

This morning I had to rearrange some stuff in my trunk before heading to work when I found a wraith that had been under some other stuff, and I guess through the cycles of the heat that collects in my car the wraith has become VERY puddled... like the flight plate was sucked down. I am going to throw it after work because I am curious how it will fly...

How would you expect it to fly? More overstable with like no glide? I read somewhere that the main contributor to stability is the relative location of the disc's center of mass to the parting line... so puddled means lower center of mass compared to the parting line, which correct me if I am wrong, means more stable?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 51
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

yeah i would assume it would def have less glide but hard to say really.. its prob fixable tho if you want to flatten it back out .. lots of threads on here on how to do so with hot water
Old 06-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 74
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I bought a glow champ x-out wraith a while back that looked like they stacked weights on top of it while it cooled. Flat as a board, and the inner rim where you grip was compressed into a concave shape. It was difficult to grip. Out of the gate it was Vulcan flippy.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
yeah i would assume it would def have less glide but hard to say really.. its prob fixable tho if you want to flatten it back out .. lots of threads on here on how to do so with hot water
Yeah, I bet if throw it in a pot of hot water it will come right back... but I want to see what it does first. It's been lost in my car trunk for long enough to forget I even had it... so I don't mind turning it into an experiment.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 148
Niced 291 Times in 172 Posts

In my experience - if the flight plate is flattened you've got a more stable disc on your hands. Take a disc and "tune" it heavily for stability (as the ol' Epic box instructions say) by bending the rim upward, and you'll wind up with the flight plate sunken and a very stable disc in your hands.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWoj View Post
In my experience - if the flight plate is flattened you've got a more stable disc on your hands. Take a disc and "tune" it heavily for stability (as the ol' Epic box instructions say) by bending the rim upward, and you'll wind up with the flight plate sunken and a very stable disc in your hands.
If it does go a lot more stable I might be looking at using it as an overhand disc. I've been using a boss for my tomahawks, but I've been thinking I want something with more overstability.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have this issue with my Buzzz I used alot. The top is pushed down a bit....how can you get it back to the right plane?