#1  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Todd@InfiniteDiscs Todd@InfiniteDiscs is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 136
Niced 48 Times in 16 Posts
Default Sales Trends at Infinite Discs by Brand since 2013

If anybody is interested, a blog was just posted that shows the sales trends in terms of "percentage of sales" at infinitediscs.com based on brand. Though it is from one online store and does not represent the entire disc golf market, it is interesting to see how the brands vie for market-share over time.

You can read the blog here:
https://infinitediscs.com/blog/disc-...ends-by-brand/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-2017, 03:37 PM
lyleoross's Avatar
lyleoross lyleoross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 4,914
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts
Default

Thanks!

Those trends are frankly amazing. Trolling is clearly doing something right. Would you be willing to break down tried into their component parts?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2017, 08:27 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
I'm With Her
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,333
Niced 2,296 Times in 1,690 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@InfiniteDiscs View Post
If anybody is interested, a blog was just posted that shows the sales trends in terms of "percentage of sales" at infinitediscs.com based on brand. Though it is from one online store and does not represent the entire disc golf market, it is interesting to see how the brands vie for market-share over time.
You can read the blog here:
https://infinitediscs.com/blog/disc-...ends-by-brand/
Very interesting information. Thanks for posting the blog, and also thanks for posting the heads-up here.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2017, 09:17 PM
Monkeypaws's Avatar
Monkeypaws Monkeypaws is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,523
Niced 290 Times in 185 Posts
Default

I like their willingness to share the data. Doesn't influence my buying habits, but it is fun to know. DGC does sort of the same thing with their top sellers list.

Certainly lines up with my "found discs" data.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2017, 09:19 PM
DG_Before_Breakfast's Avatar
DG_Before_Breakfast DG_Before_Breakfast is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,410
Niced 29 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Wonder what Discs from Discmania lead their jump in popularity in 2016? P2, PD, DDx?

Very cool that infinite discs does this data analysis and makes it public!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-27-2017, 01:12 AM
@iDiscGolf's Avatar
@iDiscGolf @iDiscGolf is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 34
Posts: 3,815
Niced 345 Times in 217 Posts
Default

Hmph. Interesting. I would have anticipated innova and the trilogy would be 1, 2.

Discraft and legacy haven't grown in sales and prodigy and vibram have tanked... I'm not sure if I'm surprised by any of this? I'd like to have thought Legacy was much more popular know than 3+ years ago. I'm kinda surprise prodigy started out so hot, not surprised where they are to date. Vibram choice to change there color ways that one time to solid colors I thought lost part of what made vibram, vibram. And well, I guess discraft is discraft, neither hot or cold.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Todd@InfiniteDiscs Todd@InfiniteDiscs is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 136
Niced 48 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_Before_Breakfast View Post
Wonder what Discs from Discmania lead their jump in popularity in 2016? P2, PD, DDx?

Very cool that infinite discs does this data analysis and makes it public!
In answer to your question, it was primarily the DDX which really took off, and that helped to boost sales in the other molds as well. Plus, as Infinite Discs started buying more Discmania inventory directly from Discmania, rather than from Innova, the selection and stamp variety increased a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2017, 01:13 PM
DG_Before_Breakfast's Avatar
DG_Before_Breakfast DG_Before_Breakfast is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,410
Niced 29 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@InfiniteDiscs View Post
In answer to your question, it was primarily the DDX which really took off, and that helped to boost sales in the other molds as well. Plus, as Infinite Discs started buying more Discmania inventory directly from Discmania, rather than from Innova, the selection and stamp variety increased a lot.
Thanks!

Just put a DDx in my bag and it does rival my Terns, and make me want to try other Discmania molds.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
October's Halloween Discs Galore at Infinite Discs Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 0 10-10-2018 11:03 AM
Las Vegas Challenge Tournament Support Discs at Infinite Discs Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 0 10-30-2017 07:57 PM
Infinite Discs joshuajames General Disc Golf Chat 3 07-18-2017 06:54 PM
Putter Wars - Sales Report from Infinite Discs Todd@InfiniteDiscs General Disc Golf Chat 55 05-08-2017 10:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.