#61  
Old 02-26-2019, 12:53 PM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,561
Niced 558 Times in 360 Posts
Default

I dunno man, I've never found the Proxy to want to turn much at all - this is sample size ~3 including a couple Neutron and a Plasma. Also see Mike C on YouTube throwing proxies around 300+ ft with a slight flip up to fade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZL8bJizsgY
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-27-2019, 07:21 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
I'm With Her
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,333
Niced 2,296 Times in 1,690 Posts
Default

Update. Took the McBeth prototype (pebbly feel, good grip) to the course today. Good grief! that disc putts straight. I was saving pars from over 20 ft. out, often at circle's edge or longer, all day. The feel of the disc was great in the hand, it flew extremely well with my spin putt (despite being non-beaded) and seemed so 'just right'.

Maybe that's a 'honeymoon' round with it. I sure hope so. These things are too darned expensive to buy a bunch of them (at least not all at once). I might try buying one more later on (when they become more readily available), and see if it is like the first one I have.

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-27-2019, 09:17 PM
Fly_High Fly_High is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 103
Niced 96 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Update. Took the McBeth prototype (pebbly feel, good grip) to the course today. Good grief! that disc putts straight. I was saving pars from over 20 ft. out, often at circle's edge or longer, all day. The feel of the disc was great in the hand, it flew extremely well with my spin putt (despite being non-beaded) and seemed so 'just right'.

Maybe that's a 'honeymoon' round with it. I sure hope so. These things are too darned expensive to buy a bunch of them (at least not all at once). I might try buying one more later on (when they become more readily available), and see if it is like the first one I have.
Had the exact same experience. The Luna is everything I want in a putter, shallow, super rounded, convex, and firm. Just lazers for putting and upshots. Not a huge fan as a driving putter but I don't throw a lot of putters off the tee so that's a not a huge concern to me. I'm sticking with them for the time being. I hate that I like this thing so much. They better not retool and mess with it. Don't want to have to buy a stack of photos to last forever.

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-27-2019, 10:48 PM
Titan037's Avatar
Titan037 Titan037 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 3,358
Niced 228 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_High View Post
Had the exact same experience. The Luna is everything I want in a putter, shallow, super rounded, convex, and firm. Just lazers for putting and upshots. Not a huge fan as a driving putter but I don't throw a lot of putters off the tee so that's a not a huge concern to me. I'm sticking with them for the time being. I hate that I like this thing so much. They better not retool and mess with it. Don't want to have to buy a stack of photos to last forever.
Supposedly they won’t tweak the mold i believe, but the plastic they want a smidge softer, not as much rubber in the blend. At least thats what i have heard

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Timthenchant3r Timthenchant3r is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 70
Niced 78 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
Supposedly they won’t tweak the mold i believe, but the plastic they want a smidge softer, not as much rubber in the blend. At least thats what i have heard
Hopefully they release it in X soft for the people who don't like stiff plastic. I'll definitely try one out.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,871
Niced 1,712 Times in 964 Posts
Default

If this is the stock stamp it΄s not very "fun"

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-09-2019, 12:24 PM
wproct's Avatar
wproct wproct is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Iowa
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 426
Niced 173 Times in 87 Posts
Default

I'm really anxious to get my hands on one of these, but it's gonna have to feel really good to knock the Hard Zero Dagger out of my bag.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Tmitch008 Tmitch008 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Years Playing: 4.8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 14
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Did they tweak it? A 3 fade is not the number I would use to describe the fade on my proto. Maybe like a 0.5 fade. I really hope they didn't make these massively overstable. It took the Nova spot in my bag, and I won't be buying a bunch of proto discs. They already have the Ringer GT anyways. Oh well.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,871
Niced 1,712 Times in 964 Posts
Default

The proto had 0.0 and the Luna is marked with 1.0 . .thats a big difference 3, 3, 0, 3 sounds strange

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #70  
Old 03-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,871
Niced 1,712 Times in 964 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmitch008 View Post
Did they tweak it? A 3 fade is not the number I would use to describe the fade on my proto. Maybe like a 0.5 fade. I really hope they didn't make these massively overstable. It took the Nova spot in my bag, and I won't be buying a bunch of proto discs. They already have the Ringer GT anyways. Oh well.
Paul said in the "fondation Discgolf" video that the Luna was a little tweaked . . but no more info
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul McBeth prototypes turbosteve Discs 20 02-06-2019 09:18 AM
SmashBoxxTV Presents Battle at Blue Lake - Paul McBeth, Paul Ulibarri, Steve Rico, Ke Old Bassman Tournaments & Leagues 7 08-11-2014 06:33 PM
Paul McBeth S-P2! DiscNutt123 The Marketplace 0 05-24-2013 10:45 AM
Paul McBeth S P2's Rocaholic74 The Marketplace 1 04-19-2013 10:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.