Old 11-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 54 Times in 34 Posts
Default Catalyst Vs Destiny Vs ?

So discs like these have become very popular. I mean how many are in this class these days? 10? More? So generally speaking I like to have one disc that is an absolute BOMBER. Super fast, turns over some if thrown right tends to go farther than anything else I have. Of course I rarely throw that disc but that is for consistencies sake. Anyway I have owned some of these discs over the years, king, bolt, Sorcerer, Cannon, Octane, Freedom, Crank, Colossus and most recently Ballista. Owned 2 Ballista's. Thing bombed for me, but I had to throw it just right, really hard or I did not get it to turn over enough. I lost my Ballista's and now am looking at another disc in this slot. I am hearing Catalyst's and Destinies BOMB. Anyone thrown both? Thoughts? I throw around 350 usually but can get out to 400 sometimes. Throw a beat Tourney Trespass lots on a slight hyzer flip to flat and throw a beat sword lots as a huge distance turnover disc. I have a DDX atm but it needs to beat in a bit more and I am not yet convinced that its, "The Disc"

So which one do I want? Max D turnover, lots of room on the fairway.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2016, 10:51 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,112 Times in 746 Posts

Ive been crushing the proton catalyst lately. Havent thrown much of the new latitude stuff but it reminds me a lot like a "good" havoc. Really fast with high speed turn but also fades back at the end. Not quite as flippy as say a bolt/king (early runs) but similar.

The octane needs quite a bit of breaking in at max wt to fly like a catalyst and even my very used octane from first release is a bit HSS still just lost most of the LSS.

Ive had a handful of cannons over the years and think the catalyst would be like a US one. I had a beat pinnacle that was 168 which would turn nicely and still fade back that went crazy far like these do. I just gotnsick of the lame consistency from OS to flippy. I have around 10 catalysts and only difference in flight is the lighter 166g fly like seasoned max wts.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,147 Times in 743 Posts

I like the Destiny, it's a lot like a better feeling colossus or a Stable King. In fact the more stable Kings I have had are indistinguishable from a Destiny. Haven't thrown a Catalyst yet, buy only because eyhe Octane I've been beating is is such a beast.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Birdie Member

Ya I recently had/have an octane but lost it in the leaves throwing in my girlfriends backyard. It may come back, it may not. It was pretty stable but fast as all get out and so much energy. Thanks for the info of the past two posts, I like the sound of the catalyst more and more. Seen any difference between proton and neutron?
Old 11-18-2016, 11:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 879 Times in 592 Posts

I didn't see Tern on that list. If you haven't tried them, do so. Catalyst and Destiny could not unseat mine. No one I know throws anything longer than Terns with the exception of a King or two, but finding one that will not burn seems to be very difficult. I'm still searching. Maybe Elasto?
Old 11-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Birdie Member

I threw terns for a while. I enjoy Star plastic and found terns in Star to be to understable. The ones in champion are better but I don't love that plastic. I mean its fine but life is to short to settle for things we only sort of like.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 879 Times in 592 Posts

I dropped Star Terns for Starlite Terns. The Starlite ones are not as understable. I was shocked, honestly. The longest drives I've ever seen were with Worlds Star. Too expensive, rare and chancy for me now.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 20
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

My (175 VIP) Destiny is much less high speed stable than my old stable kings but has a good bit of very late fade and glides like mad.

I use it for distance when I can't get full power for some reason. The Orbital has replaced it for stand still distance.

@PMantle it might be worth a try. The one Elasto King I picked up had no fade on it and drifted right forever once turned, but I have a sample size of one.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,147 Times in 743 Posts

My Elasto King is my longest King. It flips up goes a bit right and fades back to almost net even, not the least stable one or got but there are more OS VIP Kings out there.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:14 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,474 Times in 1,149 Posts

My first VIP Destiny was 167g and started out like a good, stable King but it broke in to be nearly as understable as a flippy King. The 175g VIP Destiny I replaced it with (flipped it into nasty rough and lost) is so far a much better stable King. The C-DDx I found (167g) is more HSS and a little more LSS still and it's becoming my trustworthy distance disc but it's not a turnover max D disc for me unless it wears into one.