Old 11-05-2018, 05:20 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ESP GLO Plastic VS other discraft plastic

I am relatively new to The sport (been playing for a year and a half) and am trying to figure out the difrences in all the discraft plastics. I’ve seen many threads about this but none of them have mention ledgstone ESP Glo plastic.

I know elite Z is on the more stable end and ESP is lower in stability. I also know that adding the GLO to the plastic making it more over stable. But would Ledgstone ESP GLO be more over stable then elite Z? I have thrown a ledgstone ESP Glo thrasher and it has been my favorite driver. But I am incredibly surprised at it stability. I am struggling to turn it over even though it has a -3 turn rating. I can get turn out of it but not enough for the turn to be held all the way to the ground even after playing with it for over 6 moths I thought it would beat in a bit more.

I just recently picked up a used elite Z first run thrasher after loosing my Ledgestone ESP GLO. It looks almost brand new so I didn’t expect it to be that beat in. However I went out to a field and ripped it as hard as I could and it turned a burned about 250-280 feet out. I am able to get over 300 with this disc but I am having to put a lot of hyzer on it and it will flip up and turn and fade back.

Is Ledgstone ESP GLO really that much more over stable then regular ESP? So much so that it is far more over stable then elite Z? Has anyone else had a similar experience? I know ledgstone ESP GLO is a lot more rare then other plastics do not as many people have thrown it.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 267 Times in 173 Posts

It going to vary mold to mold. I’ve got an ESP GLO comet that is way more stable than a regular Z comet.

If you are turning over your thrasher you could try out a lighter surge or crank for more stability.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 309 Times in 176 Posts

I just got a new swirly ESP Punisher and I've been throwing one of those GLO ESP Thrashers. You're right, the GLO Thrasher is only barely less stable than the ESP Punisher. They also have basically the same rim width and feel, btw. Punisher measures .83" by my calipers and the Thrasher was also in the .83" range, I believe, but I can verify later.

Just for the sake of people possibly wondering, the Machete shares that same .83" rim width. A Wraith, Trespass, and Enforcer are all .85".

Also, Marshall Street still has some GLO ESP Thrashers and they're only $10.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-06-2018, 10:38 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey thanks for the responses!

Manburgarlar: I have tried the crank for that reason and just hated how it felt in my hand maybe I’ll try the surge or surge ss. I just really like the feal of the thrasher for some reason

Jjmiller: I’m glad I’m not going crazy maybe I’ll try an ESP Punisher. I saw them at marshal street I think I’ll but another one soon. I also found an ESP GLO heat and orderd it last night. I love the heat for hyzer flips and short tunnels. The extra glide also realy helps me when going up hill!
Old 11-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Par Member

Niced 29 Times in 25 Posts

Is Photon Glow plastic still availeble? That was great plastic many ways plus it glowed.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Par Member

Niced 29 Times in 25 Posts

^ available
Old 11-06-2018, 12:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,191 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.A.T.u View Post
Is Photon Glow plastic still availeble? That was great plastic many ways plus it glowed.
Nope. Just Z and ESP for most molds. You can still find some CT Photon Glo Challengers that ran the past 2 years, though it's just a throwback stamp. X-Soft Glo Roaches from last year (i think) are still out there too.

OP: Try Thrashers in production run ESP.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-06-2018, 01:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 149 Times in 92 Posts

The difference in stability that you're seeing is more likely due to a difference in PLH and/ or weight.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 56 Times in 37 Posts

There are 2017 esp glow thrashers for $10 on Marshall St if you want to pick up another