Old 11-23-2019, 03:44 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 303 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Prodigy, if we are looking at the current lineup only. If Kevin calms his nerves, he has the talent to be the next "superstar". Dickerson is a contender now.
And if Cat can figure her yips out even a little...
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 779 Times in 421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simes549 View Post
So who sponsers a world champ first, as in future, Trilogy or Prodigy??
Without a doubt, Prodigy. Kevin Jones or Seppo. Who else on Trilogy would be in better contention than those 2? At least on the men's side.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:24 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 169
Niced 2,556 Times in 1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Becca Cox maybe?..

I wouldn't give up on DD just yet. In a couple years, they might have the best u-20 player in the world on their team...

Zach Arlinghaus

He's only 16 and already shown what he can do on a track like Idlewild... not to mention the show he put on in Emporia at Jr Worlds

Yeah besides Zach I think they have their irons in a lot of grassroots fires like Isaiah Esquivel. The young lads grew up with Trilogy being a big deal so it has a lot of appeal to the next generation of players.

They still have a nice stable of players like Melton, Oakley, Paige Shue, Tattar, Tamm, Emerson Keith, Clemons, Rebecca Cox, etc. Now they've added Generalissimo Nikko Locastro who can catch fire at any time and win the biggest tourneys. I can see Risley breaking out too if he stays healthy. I think he worked out a lot last year.

Old 11-23-2019, 04:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,735 Times in 1,987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Can you blame them?
Lol not really, they need all the cash they can get right now.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-23-2019, 08:09 PM

Niced 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Yeah besides Zach I think they have their irons in a lot of grassroots fires like Isaiah Esquivel. The young lads grew up with Trilogy being a big deal so it has a lot of appeal to the next generation of players.

They still have a nice stable of players like Melton, Oakley, Paige Shue, Tattar, Tamm, Emerson Keith, Clemons, Rebecca Cox, etc. Now they've added Generalissimo Nikko Locastro who can catch fire at any time and win the biggest tourneys. I can see Risley breaking out too if he stays healthy. I think he worked out a lot last year.
This is very true. If you have never been to Emporia, the support from the locals is insane. Most of the juniors in the area are on Team Trilogy simply because they get misprint discs for like 8 bucks brand new at the shop, their parents make them if they want new discs. Everybody from 12-year-olds to 65-year-olds throws nothing but a trilogy. What this does is create a loyalty factor that stems from a very, very early age (Paige B). It's not just Kansas either, their pull reaches southern states more so too. I'm sure DD will be just fine with some of the players like Zach A and Isaiah winning B tiers in MPO for another couple years until they hit their stride big time. These companies have complete ebbs and flows and I think this is just one of those for DD.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 299 Times in 192 Posts

I am an amateur disc golfer. I play for fun. I'm not half bad for a casual player. Most of the dozens of folks I play with are the same.

How much influence does which manufacturer has the best team have on my or my associates disc buying habits?

I'll tell ya - none!

I've always thrown mainly Innova, and Lat 64/Westside because I like their molds and their plastic. I know plenty of folks with some Dynamic discs in their bags, and they throw them because they like them, not because certain pros throw them.

Gosh, why would anyone throw MVP or Axiom? They've never won anything!

Old 11-24-2019, 05:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,245 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Details? I refuse to give them the view.
Why?????????????????????????????
Old 11-24-2019, 05:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,245 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simes549 View Post
So who sponsers a world champ first, as in future, Trilogy or Prodigy??
Can we please once and for all stop referencing "Trilogy" as a sponsor? All 3 companies are NOT sponsoring the player, nor did all 3 companies sign contracts with the player.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,507 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
Tamm could be poised for a breakout year, but I tend to lean toward Tattar being someone who is top tier week in, week out. We just don't see her enough.

Notable appearances in 2019:

European Open - 5th
Worlds - 6th
USWDGC - 1st
Canadian Nationals - 1st
MVP Open - 2nd
GMC - 2nd
Delaware Challenge - 2nd

All of these events she either won or placed near the top of the field with Paige, Cat, Hokom, Weese etc in the field.

She's right there in the mix. It's time Lat ponies up and backs a full-scale U.S Tour for her (provided she is even interested in something like that).
She is already the best woods player in FPO and has not been playing as long as the other top women.

Old 11-24-2019, 07:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,975 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
In short.

After her worlds win DD asked Paige which 5X disc she wanted
She said Opto-X suspect but asked them to wait because she might leave
After a while a few arrived at her door anyway
She asked why they made them anyway
She did not like them, to soft for a Opto-X disc..she wanted a stif one..but again asked them to wait..she might leave
But the disc was already made...so DD sold them anyway
I'm not sure how that makes DD look bad. Because they weren't perfectly to PP's specifications? Were they supposed to mold samples, ship them to the US, wait for her approval, and if they didn't get it, repeat the process until they had it perfect? Seems awfully inefficient and expensive to me.

She won a title, they were going to put out a disc to celebrate it. A disc that was far and away their hottest selling disc last month (and probably this month while supplies last). What business would wait around just in case they wouldn't be able to do it at all?