#1661  
Old 12-09-2019, 10:54 AM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 303
Posts: 8,844
Niced 2,293 Times in 1,306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
All my other volts show a very clear -1 if not -1.5 turn and no way NEAR as OS. I've used about 8 other volts in a variety of plastic, but I've also gotten a few flippy volts that were instant rollers. So maybe they vary as well, I'd be interested in comparing PLH at a store if I can ever get to one
ive gotten those turd roller volts too

yeah i didnt compare the plh either maybe hit up gggt

also i throw way less d in the winter so everything is moar os but these were right on par with my other flat n volt and my plaz is much straighter than the n in any season

as far as im concerned the cn volts are just like regular ol n volts just cuter
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1662  
Old 12-09-2019, 10:54 AM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 303
Posts: 8,844
Niced 2,293 Times in 1,306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
All my other volts show a very clear -1 if not -1.5 turn and no way NEAR as OS. I've used about 8 other volts in a variety of plastic, but I've also gotten a few flippy volts that were instant rollers. So maybe they vary as well, I'd be interested in comparing PLH at a store if I can ever get to one
link your video on here

Reply With Quote
  #1663  
Old 12-09-2019, 01:15 PM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,777
Niced 605 Times in 444 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
link your video on here
I'll try to upload it to Youtube then share the link, but not til later its short but sweet - it was actually when playing BRP league yesterday, and my buddy on the last hole is like "You're gonna get an ace and I'm gonna film it" I was not thinking that, haha but I felt the extra boost to perform and sure enough it was a good shot. But you see how I forced over the throw and aimed WAY right and it fights HARD

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1664  
Old 12-09-2019, 01:34 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 303
Posts: 8,844
Niced 2,293 Times in 1,306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I'll try to upload it to Youtube then share the link, but not til later its short but sweet - it was actually when playing BRP league yesterday, and my buddy on the last hole is like "You're gonna get an ace and I'm gonna film it" I was not thinking that, haha but I felt the extra boost to perform and sure enough it was a good shot. But you see how I forced over the throw and aimed WAY right and it fights HARD
is that the one you hit basket on

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1665  
Old 12-09-2019, 02:02 PM
bsammons bsammons is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: GA
Posts: 665
Niced 147 Times in 115 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I'll try to upload it to Youtube then share the link, but not til later its short but sweet - it was actually when playing BRP league yesterday, and my buddy on the last hole is like "You're gonna get an ace and I'm gonna film it" I was not thinking that, haha but I felt the extra boost to perform and sure enough it was a good shot. But you see how I forced over the throw and aimed WAY right and it fights HARD
Saw that shot on FB, heck of a throw.
My cosmics are more stable than the regular N’s as well, for what it’s worth, even lighter weights. Different mold, the flashing comes in a different spot vs regular neutron and the wing sits noticeably higher.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1666  
Old 12-09-2019, 02:14 PM
aphilso1's Avatar
aphilso1 aphilso1 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Nebraska
Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 948
Niced 568 Times in 355 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
The electron envy starts a little stable like a neutron and moves to a very straight flight quickly within a month or so, after a solid year and a half it develops enough high speed turn to drift left and finish left (LHBH) on a steep downhill. Still pretty straight on the flat though. I feel like it is now less stable than my plasma proxy.

If I lost one of my main plasma 165 Envy I would just grab a 170 electron soft as a quick fix while I season a new plasma
I'll tag onto this since my experience is similar, but not quite the same.

I went through about a 4-5 month stretch where I paired Electron Envies with my Neutron Soft Envy. I used the Electrons for putting, approach, and less stable drives. For drives, they did season in relatively quickly to Proxy territory, and then kept getting less stable from there. I thought they complemented a premium Envy pretty well for driving once you kick the "new" off of them. However, I never really clicked with them for putting and approaches. If I had more success putting them then there's a good chance I'd still be using only Envies and Zones for my putter molds. They are definitely worth at least giving a chance.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1667  
Old 12-09-2019, 03:40 PM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,777
Niced 605 Times in 444 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
is that the one you hit basket on
haha yep that's the one! Man, I WANTED IT after he called it out too - my buddys like Ace, for sure - and the other goes 'mark it a 1' Joking of course, but to hit basket was sweet. I actually called out that it was gonna hyzer out early and land OB in the moat, haha but I cut that part out.

I threw a stable Patriot on my first throw and basically parked it so my second shot was an ace run regardless. Came close (Cali League)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1668  
Old 12-09-2019, 03:49 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 303
Posts: 8,844
Niced 2,293 Times in 1,306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
haha yep that's the one! Man, I WANTED IT after he called it out too - my buddys like Ace, for sure - and the other goes 'mark it a 1' Joking of course, but to hit basket was sweet. I actually called out that it was gonna hyzer out early and land OB in the moat, haha but I cut that part out.

I threw a stable Patriot on my first throw and basically parked it so my second shot was an ace run regardless. Came close (Cali League)
on that hole was the wind r to l or basically non existent

do you have any aces out there at brp

i havent been since they upped the price to $8
Reply With Quote
  #1669  
Old 12-09-2019, 05:24 PM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,777
Niced 605 Times in 444 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
on that hole was the wind r to l or basically non existent

do you have any aces out there at brp

i havent been since they upped the price to $8
you can see the flag in the background - it was a left->right mostly and about 5-7 mph, so it played a little part I'm sure

And yeah I have aces there but not many - Hit hole 9 which is the lil guy most people hit, then I hit 13 during this years Majestic, I got to tell Kevin Jones right after as he was the first person I saw haha. I have hit chains and basket on plenty others...SO CLOSE

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #1670  
Old 12-09-2019, 05:40 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,864
Niced 5,033 Times in 2,625 Posts
Default

Sounds like someone was stashing a pile of FR volts if they had that much turn off the shelf...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 11:36 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 11:16 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 04:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.