Old 12-26-2019, 08:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,770 Times in 1,997 Posts

The only 2019 release I've thrown is the Rift and it's pretty solid. Nice, seasoned Buzzz flight out of the box.

Outside of that, I didn't feel the need to buy overpriced test runs/protos with certain pros names on them.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 12-26-2019, 02:55 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 68 Times in 49 Posts

I picked up a Discraft Anax at a tournament. I thought with a glide of 6 that the disc would glide forever. I was wrong. I'm not saying that I'm disappointed in it, I'm still throwing it from time to time, but definitely wasn't what I thought it was going to be. With time I'm sure I'll get that glide of 6.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-26-2019, 09:13 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,294 Times in 831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBottom View Post
I picked up a Discraft Anax at a tournament. I thought with a glide of 6 that the disc would glide forever. I was wrong. I'm not saying that I'm disappointed in it, I'm still throwing it from time to time, but definitely wasn't what I thought it was going to be. With time I'm sure I'll get that glide of 6.
Yeah, it’s more like a 4 fresh. They hold a nice line, but I’ll stick with my Stag for that distance.

Old 12-27-2019, 06:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,824 Times in 1,021 Posts

Love the look of the 1060 ANAX, but the outer rim is sharp. . .the Vulture feels much better in my hand, and the CryZtal is close to "ANAX stable"

Old 12-27-2019, 10:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 605 Times in 444 Posts

I wasn't really disappointed in any DISCS per se - but the plastics. I love the Luna, and the proto was sweet - but the other blends (which are ok) aren't soft enough for colder temps and the protos and rock hard and I only want to use them in warm weather so I'm switching putters around this winter. Not a horrible thing, just hope discraft makes better putter plastic soon - pro D is garb.

ESP Anax is rock hard as well, I miss softer ESP. (not flex just a softer esp for colder temps)

overall it was a good 2019. Added a few things to the bag. I really like my set-up / options for the most part for every condition. So its a stretch to complain that new discs don't have enough plastic options - they're still new.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,824 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I wasn't really disappointed in any DISCS per se - but the plastics. I love the Luna, and the proto was sweet - but the other blends (which are ok) aren't soft enough for colder temps and the protos and rock hard and I only want to use them in warm weather so I'm switching putters around this winter. Not a horrible thing, just hope discraft makes better putter plastic soon - pro D is garb.

ESP Anax is rock hard as well, I miss softer ESP. (not flex just a softer esp for colder temps)

overall it was a good 2019. Added a few things to the bag. I really like my set-up / options for the most part for every condition. So its a stretch to complain that new discs don't have enough plastic options - they're still new.
I would LOVE a Luna in the Rubber Blend Plastic i have in my Buzzz. .feels like a softer version of the Proto Luna

Old 12-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 68 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Yeah, it’s more like a 4 fresh. They hold a nice line, but I’ll stick with my Stag for that distance.
Yeah in the meantime I'm sticking with my Saint Pro for that slot.

Old 12-27-2019, 11:47 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,294 Times in 831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBottom View Post
Yeah in the meantime I'm sticking with my Saint Pro for that slot.
St.Pro is a solid disc. Don’t blame you at all, and with both the St.Pro and Stag the 5/6 glide is real.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 605 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Love the look of the 1060 ANAX, but the outer rim is sharp. . .the Vulture feels much better in my hand, and the CryZtal is close to "ANAX stable"
I agree, I first was getting into the Vulture, but some of the EPS's were actually kinda flippy I liked the Big Z version, but not many color options. Then I tried the Anax which is nice but that rim is so sharp feeling, and the plastics are all too solid/sharp ----feel I prefer Vulture - flight actually prefer the Anax

I had one in the bag in winter but I couldn't do it, too rigid/sharp/slick. I hope they release a new run and hope they are in a nicer feeling plastic.
thought I will say the ones I used in summer after getting some work in they feel a lot better, so the plastic is durable and takes a long time to beat in, but once its worked in it will feel and fly great. But, I ain'y got time like that haha, I don't play THAT much.

Old 12-27-2019, 01:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,388 Times in 683 Posts

I thought the Raptor was pretty disappointing. Doesn't fight the wind as well as a new predator, doesn't have the distance potential of an anax or vulture, and doesn't have the controllable straight flight of an undertaker. Kind of a weird disc to slot in, at least for me. I could see how someone could set their bag up for it but it just didn't click for me.

Didn't try out a ton of new discs this year, just a few older molds or revisited a few I used to throw.

Last edited by VictorB; 12-27-2019 at 01:55 PM.