Old 02-19-2020, 12:13 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 316 Times in 105 Posts

What made you decide to go back and check the Nuke out again?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2020, 10:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 856 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
It's been a while since I tried throwing nukes. I used to like my elite-z nuke SS, but in the past year, I capped myself to speed 9, and I think it helped out my form. Just for fun, I took out my big-z nuke and my nuke SS yesterday and was amazed by the distances I have never thrown before. The SS hyzerflips nicely but comes back and complements my heat which turns over after riding a nice hyzerflip. But the regular nuke... that's the one that shocked me. Into a slight headwind, I threw it goalpost to far corner in the other endzone on a practice football field. I've never cleanly threw over 350' with consistency, and I can't say that I'm consistent with it yet, but feeling that disc rip out of my hand and watching it glide, it was like the disc had another gear. Looking forward to some more nuke launches
Nukes are great drivers. I've bagged a Z Nuke for a long time. Once you throw the disc a bunch of times it slowly beats into something magical. A driver that has some high speed turn without being flippy.

My only gripe about Z Nukes is that a lot of them come out flat. These tend to be very overstable and lack glide. I've run into several, and they're a chore to throw. I'd say the same about Ti Nukes as well. All the best Nukes I've thrown have dome.

The Nuke SS is fun to play around with, but I haven't bagged it in a long time. Its a very finicky disc that's pretty hard to throw consistently. Very long, but wild.

The Nuke is still the longest mold Discraft makes.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,300 Times in 698 Posts

I added ESP recently because I got hooked in by the swirls. A touch less OS than my Big Zs. Really happy with this mold, and unless I somehow develop the technique to require the stability of a Force, I don't see it leaving my bag. Also, I don't feel the need to test out new drivers. Maybe because I have a duffel bag full of nukes for field work, and I don't want them to go to waste.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Anyone looking forward to the new Big Z stamp? I'm into it. Makes me think of Moebius's art.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 18
Niced 264 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Maybe because I have a duffel bag full of nukes for field work, and I don't want them to go to waste.
How is a beat pro-d nuke for a hyzerflip? I managed to lose my nuke SS today and I'm mulling a replacement, so I thought I'd get your feedback since you have that duffel of nukes! I could go back to a thrasher for that slot, but I liked the idea of both discs feeling the same in hand (the thrasher has a smaller rim).
Old 02-28-2020, 03:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,824 Times in 1,021 Posts

I see that most of the PP NUKES is in the 163-169g range. . how will a lower weight NUKE fly?
Old 02-28-2020, 09:06 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 238 Times in 117 Posts

Strange to see that there aren't any Nukes in her bag for the Memorial. She's hyping up the Zeus a lot and the Nuke is one of her signature molds.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 856 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I see that most of the PP NUKES is in the 163-169g range. . how will a lower weight NUKE fly?
Nukes are one of those molds you can't really define by weight in terms of flight characteristics. I've seen some light ones that were maddeningly overstable. IDK if Discraft has worked lately to fix the inconsistencies, but I've found Nukes to be all over the place in terms of stability.

Usually, the flatter the Nuke the more overstable it is. If you can find an ESP in the 163-169 weight range with some dome, it'll probably be a great flier with some high speed turn.

I've found that ESP Nukes tend to be slightly flippier, glidier, and longer than Z. They could well be the longest driver Discraft makes.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,824 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
Strange to see that there aren't any Nukes in her bag for the Memorial. She's hyping up the Zeus a lot and the Nuke is one of her signature molds.

Yes, that was odd. . why did she pick the NUKE if she didn´t like it?
But most of Discrafts drivers are "taken" so what should she have picked?

Wonder what her own driver will be like? Not many "holes" in the lineup to fill

Niced: (1)

Old 03-02-2020, 11:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
How is a beat pro-d nuke for a hyzerflip? I managed to lose my nuke SS today and I'm mulling a replacement, so I thought I'd get your feedback since you have that duffel of nukes! I could go back to a thrasher for that slot, but I liked the idea of both discs feeling the same in hand (the thrasher has a smaller rim).
Sorry just saw this. Never threw D, but I do bag an SS for rollers and uphill/sky turnovers. I have to put an extreme hyzer on them for all of these shots or they'll burnout early or turn into a throw-ller.