Old 03-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 233 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
Can anyone give an updated review on how they are enjoying/or not this bag?

I still like mine, but I don’t use it like a normal bag. I have it hooked to the back of my Zuca LG Cart as my storage for towels, scorecards, tester discs, hoodie storage, etc. could I have gotten a cheaper option for this? Sure, but I already bought this expensive bag...might as well use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2020, 12:44 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 727 Times in 270 Posts

Quote:
I certainly see a lot of em out there on the ‘gram so people are buying them
Old 03-05-2020, 01:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 87
Niced 152 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
I still like mine, but I don’t use it like a normal bag. I have it hooked to the back of my Zuca LG Cart as my storage for towels, scorecards, tester discs, hoodie storage, etc. could I have gotten a cheaper option for this? Sure, but I already bought this expensive bag...might as well use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you did use it as a single bag, what did you like/dislike?
Old 03-06-2020, 09:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 101
Niced 233 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
When you did use it as a single bag, what did you like/dislike?
- Very well constructed...just like other grip bags.
- The disc pocket in the primary area is removable.
- The small zipper area on the back side of the bag(This is also a dislike as well). If you have the disc pocket still in the main compartment, the back pocket is still usable and pretty handy.
- The magnetic side pockets are pretty slick
- The zippered stretch pocket/holder is a cool concept.

Dislikes:
- The price tag. I feel like this bag should only cost around $50 instead of the $99 they're currently selling it for.
- While you can rig up quad shocks to the bag, it's not exactly comfortable.
- The small zipper area on the back side of the bag. If you take the disc pocket out of the main disc storage area, then this pocket isn't overly useful.
- Given the limited footprint of this bag, the zippered stretch pocket/holder can only hold a smaller bottle.

In the end, would I buy this bag again? Probably not. I would just go grab some sort of starter bag or if you can find them, a Voodoo Juju or Fade Crunchbox.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 62
Niced 448 Times in 236 Posts

I almost bought one of these for a friend when they first came out, but now I'm kind of glad I held off.

I'd really like to see Grip make a quality version of the standard shoulder bag where the top flap just folds over to the side, instead of tucking into the bag. My Innova Standard bag still does the job fine, but it's about as soft as an old sock now.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 227
Niced 77 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doth_savek View Post
I've been carrying the new G-series for a number of rounds and I recorded a video review of the bag: https://youtu.be/dVkBcm5vQRI
I echo most everything mentioned in this great bag review video. The only thing I would add is there is an elastic drawstring in the inside of the bag to adjust the top putter pouch depth. I carry 12 in mine: 5 in the bottom, 3 in the middle, 2 up top, and 2 in the front.

My only 2 small gripes:
- It only has a D ring on one side of the bag near the top, forcing you to attach quads to the grab handle. This simple oversight baffles me. I'll probably sew one on the other side myself.

- I wish the front pocket was just the slightest bit bigger to accommodate 3 discs. I've been jamming 3 in there trying to stretch it out.

Before winning this bag, I was using a Voodoo Juju almost exclusively for a couple years. After my first round with the G, the Juju was demoted to practice putter bag. The build quality, stability, storage room and versatility of the pockets are what set it apart from the other small bags.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-09-2020, 12:01 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declarkus View Post
I echo most everything mentioned in this great bag review video. The only thing I would add is there is an elastic drawstring in the inside of the bag to adjust the top putter pouch depth. I carry 12 in mine: 5 in the bottom, 3 in the middle, 2 up top, and 2 in the front.

My only 2 small gripes:
- It only has a D ring on one side of the bag near the top, forcing you to attach quads to the grab handle. This simple oversight baffles me. I'll probably sew one on the other side myself.

- I wish the front pocket was just the slightest bit bigger to accommodate 3 discs. I've been jamming 3 in there trying to stretch it out.

Before winning this bag, I was using a Voodoo Juju almost exclusively for a couple years. After my first round with the G, the Juju was demoted to practice putter bag. The build quality, stability, storage room and versatility of the pockets are what set it apart from the other small bags.
They make for Tool stuff 3 point attachment quad straps mostly to help hold up larger tool belts that when full become too heavy to hold up with just the belt. You can get one of these provided it is the clip on type. https://www.amazon.com/Suspender-poi...09&s=hi&sr=1-2

Last edited by Casey 1988; 03-09-2020 at 12:06 AM.