Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-05-2020, 07:47 PM
drk_evns's Avatar
drk_evns drk_evns is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Holland, MI
Courses Played: 36
Posts: 340
Niced 212 Times in 120 Posts
Default Infinite Discs XT Nova Run Defective?

I bought a stack of Bottom Stamped Innova XT Novas and two of them have completely cracked where the flight plate meets the rim on the first impact. They are the hexagon logo stamps currently available on Infinite's site.

Innova already reimbursed me for the first one, and I plan. on contacting them again about this second one.

Did anyone else snag these and notice the same thing?

I need new Novas but might move to a different disc for that slot if all the newer Novas are this way. The problem is, nothing can really replace the flight and ground characteristics of the nova in my experience. My scores are better with a Nova in the bag.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-05-2020, 08:12 PM
tu-f-o tu-f-o is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,311
Niced 21 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Nova is truly unique
Best mold ever
I'm shocked this flaw is happening
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-2020, 08:16 PM
drk_evns's Avatar
drk_evns drk_evns is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Holland, MI
Courses Played: 36
Posts: 340
Niced 212 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
Nova is truly unique
Best mold ever
I'm shocked this flaw is happening
I can't tell if this is sarcasm... lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2020, 08:18 PM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,262
Niced 785 Times in 425 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
I bought a stack of Bottom Stamped Innova XT Novas and two of them have completely cracked where the flight plate meets the rim on the first impact. They are the hexagon logo stamps currently available on Infinite's site.

Innova already reimbursed me for the first one, and I plan. on contacting them again about this second one.

Did anyone else snag these and notice the same thing?

I need new Novas but might move to a different disc for that slot if all the newer Novas are this way. The problem is, nothing can really replace the flight and ground characteristics of the nova in my experience. My scores are better with a Nova in the bag.
Another shining example of Innovas stellar quality control.....

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2020, 08:22 PM
drk_evns's Avatar
drk_evns drk_evns is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Holland, MI
Courses Played: 36
Posts: 340
Niced 212 Times in 120 Posts
Default

I swear these Novas feel different.

The Novas I had from ~2016 felt a little flimsier and they made a FWUMP sound when I threw them. This stack of replacements feel much stiffer and even shorter. They actually feel more comfortable to throw and have a similar flight to my old Novas. I prefer the new ones UNLESS they are all going to break like the first two. They both broke on the first tree they hit in the first round they were used.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2020, 10:08 PM
phishbiscuits phishbiscuits is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 78
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Cue that Mugatu meme because I thought it was just me.

Just one cracked but it was a slow throw on a mild day.

The same holiday Infinite bottom-stamped Novas...

Last edited by phishbiscuits; 03-06-2020 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-2020, 10:17 PM
Deej Deej is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Georgia
Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 164
Niced 56 Times in 41 Posts
Default

I recently got a Nova from GGGT, it is very poorly made It should’ve been a F2.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2020, 10:18 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,945
Niced 992 Times in 831 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishbiscuits View Post
Cue that Mugatu meme because I thought it was just me.

Just one cracked but it was a slow throw on a mild day.

The same holiday Infinite bottom-stamped Novas...
Sounds like that is just the bottom stamped holiday Novas that are cracking. Yeah Innova has had some quality control issues with Max weight new 2020 Ricky production run Star Destoyer being over weight. This current lack of control explains why more Shark 3 my midrange of choice used for an actual midrange are in the F2 section at the moment then in production.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2020, 10:21 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,945
Niced 992 Times in 831 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej View Post
I recently got a Nova from GGGT, it is very poorly made It should’ve been a F2.
Was it a Holiday stamped Nova?
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 03-06-2020, 10:53 PM
Deej Deej is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Georgia
Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 164
Niced 56 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Was it a Holiday stamped Nova?
Nope. It’s a stock stamp.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stamp Wars 2019 Discs are Available at Infinite Discs Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 0 01-31-2019 10:47 AM
October's Halloween Discs Galore at Infinite Discs Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 0 10-10-2018 10:03 AM
The New Infinite Discs EXODUS (First Run) Is Here! Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 0 02-12-2018 02:00 PM
Las Vegas Challenge Tournament Support Discs at Infinite Discs Todd@InfiniteDiscs Commercial Marketplace 0 10-30-2017 06:57 PM
Do you think my disc is defective? Ericular Discs 10 10-07-2009 04:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.