#901  
Old 03-07-2020, 02:04 PM
Echota Echota is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Baltimore,MD
Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 25
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Just finished a windy round with a buddy. He let me throw his Zone a few times and Im in love now. I cant really tell what plastic his was. Most of the stamp was gone but I could make out '2015 Ledgestone' at the top. A google search leads me to believe that is a Titanium FLX Zone. I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out which plastic that was or what is close to what I threw. Or just what is the best plastic for Zones in general?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #902  
Old 03-07-2020, 03:50 PM
BigFlickLuke BigFlickLuke is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 145
Niced 103 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echota View Post
Just finished a windy round with a buddy. He let me throw his Zone a few times and Im in love now. I cant really tell what plastic his was. Most of the stamp was gone but I could make out '2015 Ledgestone' at the top. A google search leads me to believe that is a Titanium FLX Zone. I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out which plastic that was or what is close to what I threw. Or just what is the best plastic for Zones in general?
The zone is typically loved in all plastics.

I throw Z and ESP, choosing which to bag based on the weather.

The ledgestone shop and a select few retailers will have some fancy variants.

Most major retailers will have a good selection of the major production runs, assuming they aren't sold out. It's a very popular disc and sometimes the special stamps will sell out, like the Paul claw stamps.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #903  
Old 03-07-2020, 03:54 PM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 351
Niced 195 Times in 118 Posts
Default

For me, Jawbreaker is the only Zone that doesn’t fly quite the same as the rest. I have Titanium, Big Z, and ESP and they pretty much look, feel, and fly the same. The Jawbreaker is straighter for longer and doesn’t fade as hard or skip much.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #904  
Old 03-07-2020, 09:56 PM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 1,856
Niced 541 Times in 379 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
For me, Jawbreaker is the only Zone that doesn’t fly quite the same as the rest. I have Titanium, Big Z, and ESP and they pretty much look, feel, and fly the same. The Jawbreaker is straighter for longer and doesn’t fade as hard or skip much.
I beat my X Soft Zone into a similar spot. Makes for a nice hit and stick approach disc as well as a great FH putter with a small fade.

On another note I used my 5x Zone today, and it has a small dome to it, but it is just as OS as my slightly puddled FR 4X.
Reply With Quote
  #905  
Old 03-08-2020, 01:33 AM
Meillo's Avatar
Meillo Meillo is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ulm, Germany
Years Playing: 3.5
Posts: 536
Niced 254 Times in 169 Posts
Default

JB Zones are about as good a disc can be. They aren't as praised as their more overstable plastic versions, but they are no less valuable. Brodie Smith is the only player who throws them a lot, and he does throw them a lot.

JB Zones are the best Zones. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #906  
Old 03-08-2020, 03:26 AM
R-Ogre's Avatar
R-Ogre R-Ogre is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 552
Niced 730 Times in 270 Posts
Default

Had a ridiculous 70-80’ throw in with my puddle top 4x McZone today.
Reply With Quote
  #907  
Old 03-08-2020, 01:13 PM
jdm0514's Avatar
jdm0514 jdm0514 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 489
Niced 262 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Finally getting a soft zone sometime next week. I've had a hard time finding max weight soft zones. I love my esp zone but it tends to skip and sometimes I want something with the stability of a zone but have it stick.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #908  
Old 03-09-2020, 01:39 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is online now
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,980
Niced 996 Times in 835 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Finally getting a soft zone sometime next week. I've had a hard time finding max weight soft zones. I love my esp zone but it tends to skip and sometimes I want something with the stability of a zone but have it stick.
Which soft Zone? Jawbreaker, Soft X, or Z FLX? Of the 3 Z FLX or Soft X, Jawbreaker would have too much skip when new needing to hot car in summer the disc for about 1/2 to an hour in the car to make Jawbreaker a bit less rubbery and more flexible.
Reply With Quote
  #909  
Old 03-09-2020, 08:20 AM
jdm0514's Avatar
jdm0514 jdm0514 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 489
Niced 262 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Which soft Zone? Jawbreaker, Soft X, or Z FLX? Of the 3 Z FLX or Soft X, Jawbreaker would have too much skip when new needing to hot car in summer the disc for about 1/2 to an hour in the car to make Jawbreaker a bit less rubbery and more flexible.
Soft x.
Reply With Quote
 

  #910  
Old 03-09-2020, 10:18 AM
Timthenchant3r Timthenchant3r is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 79
Niced 87 Times in 29 Posts
Default

I have a 2015 Ti Flex like your friend does. I would recommend getting a ZFlex if you want something similar. Z if you want it stiffer.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Ask Discmania Thread rarintal Discs 3707 Yesterday 01:54 PM
The Official Brainwave Disc Thread Brainwavedisc Disc Dyeing 16 04-08-2016 12:44 AM
The Official First Dyes Thread LeewayeDiscGolf Disc Dyeing 328 12-22-2014 11:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.